Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 88285 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #450 on: October 01, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »
once that bride who sent the bill has kids, michigancat will need to bookmark her mommy blog. will be absolutely epic

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:35 PM »
Yeah I saw this story last night too and it made me unusually ragey.  Pretty sure I yelled a profanity or two.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 01, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »
That story seems too good to be true.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 01, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/minnesota-woman-billed-bride-missing-wedding/story?id=34160008&override=twitter

We saw that on the news last night which then caused a discussion about how catering pricing works. Do they charge you for an exact number of people you reserve or do they round up? Like if I say that we need dinner for 79 people do they charge 79 x $ per person or do they round up and charge 80 x $ per person? Or do they just have an option that is "This amount feeds 75-85 people for $$$" and even if you only have 79 people you have to buy that option?

Buffet wedding or sit down dinner served probably makes a difference here.
:adios:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 01, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/minnesota-woman-billed-bride-missing-wedding/story?id=34160008&override=twitter

We saw that on the news last night which then caused a discussion about how catering pricing works. Do they charge you for an exact number of people you reserve or do they round up? Like if I say that we need dinner for 79 people do they charge 79 x $ per person or do they round up and charge 80 x $ per person? Or do they just have an option that is "This amount feeds 75-85 people for $$$" and even if you only have 79 people you have to buy that option?

Buffet wedding or sit down dinner served probably makes a difference here.

I assume we are talking about sit down dinner because that lady specifically billed her no-show guests for a very specific entree.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 01, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
I rough ridin' said if person A calls and gets a price for 80 people and person B calls up and gets a price for 79 people it will be the same god damn price.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 01, 2015, 03:47:12 PM »
I rough ridin' said if person A calls and gets a price for 80 people and person B calls up and gets a price for 79 people it will be the same god damn price.

Yeah, and mocat proved you wrong.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 01, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »

It has been a month. Have we settled this one yet?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 01, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »
I'd tell the bride to shove the bill up her cheap bung hole.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 01, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »

It has been a month. Have we settled this one yet?

I think the winner got a new grill
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 04, 2015, 08:13:54 PM »
Canadian's friends significant other's parents are very anti-kids at a wedding. Unfortunately most of this friends / family are from out of town and some have young children.  Anyone have experience with this? He is thinking of providing babysitter(s) for the close friends and family affected. Thoughts?
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 04, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »
Canadian's friends significant other's parents are very anti-kids at a wedding. Unfortunately most of this friends / family are from out of town and some have young children.  Anyone have experience with this? He is thinking of providing babysitter(s) for the close friends and family affected. Thoughts?

That sounds like a very nice compromise.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 04, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »

How does the significant other feel about kids at the wedding? That is more important than how her (or his?) parents feel.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 04, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »
Yeah if you are already doing what her parents want instead of what you want then you're mumped

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 04, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »
possible that the canadian parents are paying, which means they get to have some say

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
Sounds like Canadian friend is mumped

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 04, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »
If your Canadian Friend or his future in-laws agree to pay for babysitters during and after the service, I guarantee that 100% of your friends will prefer this option over dragging their kids to a wedding and leaving early. This is a total class move.

Even if the Canadian In-laws don't pay, you or one of your local friends with kids should arrange to have a trusted babysitter on hand. It'd be pretty rude to say "come to a city where you don't live to attend my wedding and also find a babysitter that you've never met and then pay for them."

If you go with Option #1, your friends with young kids will be  :cheers: :billdance: :excited:.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2015, 04:31:34 AM »
If your friends have any older kids, maybe 10-12 years old, let it be known that you will pay them to help babysit the younger kids. Some of your friends will be worried that there are not enough babysitters, or that they don't know the babysitters. If your friends know each other, they might feel better about leaving their kids with the babysitter if they know the babysitter's parents. Still hire at least one professional.

Gonna win 'em all!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:03:37 AM by slobber »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2015, 06:09:13 AM »
My experience with no kid weddings is that a lot of people won't show that have young kids

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2015, 07:30:24 AM »
My experience with no kid weddings is that a lot of people won't show that have young kids

My experience was pretty much that everyone with kids still travelled to my wedding and super duper thanked me for giving them a night free to be an adult with other adults. Lit'rally every one. Do what's right for you, but from my own experience I would say kid-free weddings are a blast and everyone thinks so. :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »
IF you are going to provide a babysitter(s) make sure to make it clear that they must let you know in advance how many kids they are bringing....you don't want 50 kids to show up when you planned only 1 babysitter because only 2 kids RSVPd.

Also, consider where the kids/babysitters are going to be. If there is a separate room in the same building (church?) that the kids/babysitters can be in, that might give some parents peace of mind in knowing that they are on site, so that even if something arises with this babysitter that they don't know, then they can come get the parents if needed.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »
Parents are so needy

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »
I've been awesome at planning this wedding. I just got Ms. Wacky a ring and told her to do whatever she wanted. I told her what four guys I wanted by my side and she agreed to it. Now we're doing something small in Colorado, on top of some random mountain, and having a huge reception when we get back.  :gocho:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2015, 09:33:41 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2015, 09:37:47 AM »
Parents are so needy

Agreed.
Ms. Wacky's fam is kind of pissed we're not doing a huge Catholic wedding. They also want more than 40 in Colorado and that's not what we want. We gave them the huge reception back home. I agree that parents are needy, but I get their side of things too. If they're paying, they want major imput. However, i'm not Catholic and i'm not taking classes to get married in a Catholic church. This being their only daughter out of 6 kids, I get their side of things, but this day isn't about hem.