Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 88273 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »
skinben: i think pain resides behind eyes, not between them

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
Not when you're old-timey Lon Kruger and you're self-conscious about that weird thing between your eyebrows  :surprised:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
Not when you're old-timey Lon Kruger and you're self-conscious about that weird thing between your eyebrows  :surprised:

:horrorsurprise:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
 :Wha:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »
I just wouldn't want to watch a tape of drunk idiots trying to be funny.  That sounds not good. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
I just wouldn't want to watch a tape of drunk idiots trying to be funny.  That sounds not good.

t's and p's about the pain between/hind your eyes, friend.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2014, 11:31:29 PM »
Couple things. I think I posted about the first one already, but I finally watched the footage so I'm hardcore on this train again.

1. First thing you need to do is get a drunken confessional booth. "Hey Skinny, what is that?" So glad you asked. If you are having any kind of a fun, non-stuffy wedding reception and your wife is down with it too, do this. We didn't want to do the TOTALLY ZANY PHOTO BOOTH WITH LOTSA FAKE MUSTACHES OMG!!! So we bought one of these for about $30 at Wal-Mart and stuck it out back on the smoking patio, then put a video camera on a tripod in there. After people got shitfaced we instructed them to go in the booth by themselves and turn the camera on, then tell a secret to that they've never told anyone before. Results were amazing. Just watched the footage two nights ago and it's pure gold. We promised the wedding guests that their secrets would be kept secret so I won't divulge too much but let's just say one guy we all know divulged to us that he pooped in the doghouse in his backyard when he was 5 and then the dog died a week later and he's pretty sure it's his fault.  Another person confessed that he had trouble coming to terms with his puffy nips back in the day and finally went to his mom to ask if she would pay for his nipple reduction surgery.

2. Had at least three guests who were parents get in there and confess on the video how grateful they were that we said no kids. Lotsa this: "I mmmean don't gget me wrong my kidsss are grrreat but sometimes I just gottagetaway, you know? And nnow I'm dddrunk and dancing to Coolio, thank you so fuggging much iloveyou."  In your face, haters.

P.S. Weddings are real fun and mocat I hope you have a blast at yours because I 100% had a blast at mine. :cheers:

That sounds amazing

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »
Wife and I just got done with our last high volume wedding season for quite some time (the rest of our friends are hopeless cases, except for 8mp, I guess he might get married someday), and I have some rough ridin' suggestions. If you're going to do a dinner, then get some decent food. People would much rather attend a late wedding or go home for a couple hours and then attend a reception rather than eat a shitty meal catered by the Golden Corral. You're still spending a sizable amount of money, why do it at all if everyone is going to remember how shitty the food was? Secondly, try and find an independent contractor for your DJamer. Most of the big companies employ a bunch of weirdos that can make things awkward/cheesy. We hired an architect that one of our friends knew, the guy still DJamer'd weddings cuz he thought it was a bangin' time, and the dance floor was packed all night long because the guy was a total stud. He also agreed to do the music for the ceremony for an extra 50 spot, because he can do whatever the eff he wants since he's his own boss. Just some advice from a guy who had a pretty great wedding, and has attended some pretty terrible ones of late.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2014, 12:57:54 AM »
<---had some bomb-ass crawfish pasta
<---had crawfish beignets

was deloicious

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
<---had some bomb-ass crawfish pasta
<---had crawfish beignets

was deloicious

:lick:  :thumbs:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
I hope I get invited to CF3 and j-dub's wedding.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »
Can confirm that Deuce's wedding was a blast. And we were blasted.
:adios:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2014, 10:39:56 PM »
I hope I get invited to CF3 and j-dub's wedding.

:curse:

but really

:lol:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2014, 11:27:53 PM »
Got this today:

We are sorry due to limited space, only children involved in the ceremony and the kids of out-of-town guests are invited to the wedding

Oh so some kids make the cut but not all? Limited space? What a crock. Oh and you guys wanna know what else? The bride? Yep. Rich family. One of the richest I know.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
wedding is saturday, literally the easiest thing in the world.  I should be a coordinator because this is cake.  speaking of cake, we have three kinds and one of them is key lime and it's amazing.  beef or chicken fajitas for dinner and unlimited boulevard beer.  DJamer instructed to play the wabash once people are hammered.  should be a good time.
emaw

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2014, 11:39:58 PM »
Got this today:

We are sorry due to limited space, only children involved in the ceremony and the kids of out-of-town guests are invited to the wedding

Oh so some kids make the cut but not all? Limited space? What a crock. Oh and you guys wanna know what else? The bride? Yep. Rich family. One of the richest I know.

you know what else bud??

sorry man can't add a plus 1. we're really pushing the limits. we've had to tell people they can't bring their kids.

:curse: THEY CAN JUST KISS A REALLY NICE GIFT GOODBYE

oh ummm, thanks for the lone non-matching fork. we're sure it'll really come in handy
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2014, 11:44:23 PM »
wedding is saturday, literally the easiest thing in the world.  I should be a coordinator because this is cake.  speaking of cake, we have three kinds and one of them is key lime and it's amazing.  beef or chicken fajitas for dinner and unlimited boulevard beer.  DJamer instructed to play the wabash once people are hammered.  should be a good time.

Enchiladas?  Wtf.  Boulevard?  Yeah I totally want to dance after crushing a bunch of pales ales.  Wabash?  GTFO

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2014, 11:47:19 PM »
What's the matter with dancing after crushing a bunch of Boulevards? Done it before, will do it again.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 23, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »
I love you, kim.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »

Enchiladas?  Wtf.  Boulevard?  Yeah I totally want to dance after crushing a bunch of pales ales.  Wabash?  GTFO

why don't you just go away and stop bothering everyone
emaw

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »
Omg
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »
Got this today:

you know what else bud??

sorry man can't add a plus 1. we're really pushing the limits. we've had to tell people they can't bring their kids.

:curse: THEY CAN JUST KISS A REALLY NICE GIFT GOODBYE

oh ummm, thanks for the lone non-matching fork. we're sure it'll really come in handy

these sound like horrible, horrible people.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »
Hey kim carnes, are you married? Just wondering, friend
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2014, 12:02:14 AM »

Your original post was lol.  Thanks for posting it.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »

Your original post was lol.  Thanks for posting it.

np, I hope you have a good day
emaw