Author Topic: So what are the chances of Louisville still joining the Big 12??  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Prob luked but the topic has even more relevance after tonight. They have a very good and relevant football program and a national championship team in bball. Since the geography's already effed up screw it, lets go get this school!!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So what are the chances of Louisville still joining the Big 12??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
Oh hello dax
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
This ought to wake the Beebe's of the world the eff up.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »
what does winning a b-ball game have anything to do with conference realignment?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
Prob luked but the topic has even more relevance after tonight. They have a very good and relevant football program and a national championship team in bball. Since the geography's already effed up screw it, lets go get this school!!

Pretty much none, we screwed up and rough ridin' took TCU.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
what does winning a b-ball game have anything to do with conference realignment?

It could be a tiebreaker if we are looking at other schools with comparable football programs and TV sets.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »

They won the Orange Bowl!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »

They won the Orange Bowl!!!

Their athletic department is and has been a cash machine

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:37 PM »

Pretty much none, we screwed up and rough ridin' took TCU.
Thanks, I hadn't heard anything about it since the TCU and West Virginia additions. I'd easily trade them for WV in a heartbeat

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
If Louisville had any class they would have fired Pitino for rough ridin' that waitress and this Nat'l title never would've happened.  Arkansas has more respect than them for God's sake.

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »
Louisville has generated nearly $30 million due to the BCS Sugar Bowl and the NCAA Championship. That isn't even counting their women's team.

TCU and WVU are jokes. They won't generate anything near that while they are in the Big 12.
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
If Louisville had any class they would have fired Pitino for rough ridin' that waitress and this Nat'l title never would've happened.  Arkansas has more respect than them for God's sake.

Pitino's indiscretion has been a bit lost in all this National Championship and Hall of Fame business.  :dunno:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:38 PM »
How is this relevant to them being a good addition to the conference? Part of the Big 12's history is coaching scandals!  :popcorn:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »
Pitino's indiscretion has been a bit lost in all this National Championship and Hall of Fame business.  :dunno:

Wait, you expect people to care about an affair that happened years ago? Are you advocating that people base their hall of fame votes on who has or hasn't reportedly had affairs :lol: dumbass

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »

Wait, you expect people to care about an affair that happened years ago? Are you advocating that people base their hall of fame votes on who has or hasn't reportedly had affairs :lol: dumbass

Yeah, I actually do expect people to care about that, especially when its someone who is employed by a university.  I mean jfc.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »
Said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Louisville has John Schnatter pumping money into football and Rick at the helm for basketball, lonely bird is a fantastic get.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:27 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Louisville has John Schnatter pumping money into football and Rick at the helm for basketball, lonely bird is a fantastic get.

I don't think that John Schnatter is some kind of high roller at Louisville, I know he isn't in the top 2 donors there. Papa Johns made paid $5 million dollars for naming rights back in 1998, I haven't seen any documentation of him giving money since then. Also DYK that Papa John's Cardinal Stadium only cost $198 million in 1998. That's not a renovation, that was the cost of a completely new stadium.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »

I don't think that John Schnatter is some kind of high roller at Louisville, I know he isn't in the top 2 donors there. Papa Johns made paid $5 million dollars for naming rights back in 1998, I haven't seen any documentation of him giving money since then. Also DYK that Papa John's Cardinal Stadium only cost $198 million in 1998. That's not a renovation, that was the cost of a completely new stadium.
He also donated 10 Million for the expansion.  And there are also other ties to the university which don't appear with a quick search.  I haven't heard that its changed, but Papa Johns being the official pizza is a relationship also worth a couple hundred thousand a year.  Being that Papa John's world hq is in Louisville I can assure you there is a strong relationship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_John's_Cardinal_Stadium

I guess its here nor there.  When you have a number of rich benefactors ponying up millions of dollars to make you a football program with quality facilities and amenities, you should garner attention form top conferences. I think we can agree to that?  :dunno:
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:06 AM »
Yeah, my point was they have a lot of high rollers, some dude scratched a check for $25 million of his own money, not money routed from the company.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
Add them and FSU now.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38:42 AM »
Yeah, my point was they have a lot of high rollers, some dude scratched a check for $25 million of his own money, not money routed from the company.
Well in the future I would suggest that guy run that money through his company for a sweet business expense write off.   :cool: 

I wonder how long Rick stays around, the years do appear to be wearing on him a bit.  At least their football program is becoming 'big' enough to retain coaches like Strong (although the caller is going through some tough times).  I still wonder why people here were so against them joining the conference.  Maybe too many people had flashbacks to our all purple flat uniforms.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 12:42:51 AM »
Add them and FSU now.
Would definitely take this.. We would have a very good chance of being the most elite conference in the NCAA with those two added :fatty: It would also be nice to actually have twelve teams again

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 12:48:21 AM »
Add them and FSU now.
Would definitely take this.. We would have a very good chance of being the most elite conference in the NCAA with those two added :fatty: It would also be nice to actually have twelve teams again
probably not going to happen as that would require the Big 12 to stop acting Big 12eO. 

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 12:53:35 AM »
Add them and FSU now.
probably not going to happen as that would require the Big 12 to stop acting Big 12eO.

Ya I don't like it. 10 teams is great but for stability, we are going to have to expand before it's too late.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
We should invite Louisville this summer, along with FSU, and have plans to move that invitation earlier if rumblings are that other conferences will preempt the Big 12.  As it is, the conference seems to only react to other conference realignment moves.  Louisville would be a good counter to the idea that Big 12 basketball is KU and a bunch of other schmucks.