Author Topic: The Future  (Read 57957 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
The Future
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
I've been thinking a lot about how freaking rad the future is going to be. I mean we're way smarter than we've ever been and technology is expanding at an exponential pace. Like my kids will never know a world without iPads. iPads will be like rotary phones to them. THINK ABOUT THAT! THINK ABOUT WHAT THE NEXT GENERATION WILL COME UP WITH!

holy crap it's going to be great.

Do you guys ever think about that kind of stuff, too? :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »
when every child is born, they will have a computer injected into their brainstem

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
The human race as we know it will be extinct in 100 years

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
What blows my mind is there will be technology that we can't even think of now.  My parents never would've dreamed of computers when they were not that much younger than me.  Now, its iPads/smartphones. 

Google Glass is ridiculous imo, but I think it is technology before anyone knows how to use it well.  What will that bring?  When technology accelerates at a faster pace than there are reasonable uses for that excites me.  I get pretty pumped that people are just creating and leaving others to figure out practical applications.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »

mmm i don't think so.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
when every child is born, they will have a computer injected into their brainstem

super babies!

Bus seriously, how much did the old days suck? We didn't even have the internet when I was in grade school. People were idiots and thought it was OK for coaches to act like the Rice coach. Also during the renaissance they didn't have telephones. THE RENAISSANCE IS NOW.

the eff is this crap?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »
I am really looking forward to wanting to know something, buying some sort of a knowledge upgrade on Amazon, then downloading it directly into my head.

Boom!  I now know Spanish!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
What blows my mind is there will be technology that we can't even think of now.  My parents never would've dreamed of computers when they were not that much younger than me.  Now, its iPads/smartphones. 

Google Glass is ridiculous imo, but I think it is technology before anyone knows how to use it well.  What will that bring?  When technology accelerates at a faster pace than there are reasonable uses for that excites me.  I get pretty pumped that people are just creating and leaving others to figure out practical applications.

YES!!! also we are learning more about ourselves, people are doing scientific research about being happy and laughing and crap, and we are learning more about our origins and just being smarter in general.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
I am really looking forward to wanting to know something, buying some sort of a knowledge upgrade on Amazon, then downloading it directly into my head.

Boom!  I now know Spanish!

Maybe that is what would make Google Glass more practical.  A translation system that translates other languages and then you say something back in english and it shows you a phonetic response in that language.  You would have to repeat yourself but boom!  Language barrier destroyed and hands free.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »
Its a little scary and interesting all at the same time. I think we should go down to the closest cafe with the best barista and discuss this michigancat

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »
no more baristas. every conceivable service industry job will be replaced by automated kiosks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
Its a little scary and interesting all at the same time. I think we should go down to the closest cafe with the best barista and discuss this michigancat

why is it scary? living in the most awesome time ever??

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
quantum computers will unlock knowledge we cannot currently imagine

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 11:51:01 AM »

I fear that human interaction will be non existent.. This is a time when others would rather text than talk. And if you walk around 90% of the people have their head down looking at a phone or ipod or something.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
Cell phones will be everything. Your National ID, Credit Cards, communication, internet access, monitor your vitals, home computer, the "keys" to your self-driving car and house, etc. Is that too much power for a device that can be lost so easily? Maybe.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »

I fear that human interaction will be non existent.. This is a time when others would rather text than talk. And if you walk around 90% of the people have their head down looking at a phone or ipod or something.

human interaction and device interaction will become indistinguishable. see: baby brain computer injection.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
I hope we get those sex thingys Stalone and Bullock used in Demolition Man. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »

Are we not interacting right now? I guarantee you this interaction is more meaningful than whatever conversation I would have had with some dope on the train this morning.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »

#HotPeopleProblems
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »

Are we not interacting right now? I guarantee you this interaction is more meaningful than whatever conversation I would have had with some dope on the train this morning.
this is probably true but did you try to initiate a conversation with some dope on the train? I think we possibly will become to reliant on technology, its already used as a crutch by many.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »

this is probably true but did you try to initiate a conversation with some dope on the train? I think we possibly will become to reliant on technology, its already used as a crutch by many.

Of course not, didn't I tell you he was a dope? I heard him talking and he was just talking about his stupid weekend.

And reliance on technology is great, it frees up our mind to do more important things. I mean we got out of the stone age because we started relying on new fangled technologies like shelter and agriculture. (roughly).

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »
I'll bet Caveman YGA was against people using fire.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
I'll bet Caveman YGA was against people using fire.

guys, I'm worried we're becoming too reliant on this new technology, the wheel

obviously imperfect because they couldn't really talk (probably)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
when this world gets wall-ed I'm going to skype you all and tell you I told you so. but it probably won't be skype it will be something else by then