Author Topic: Are you easily amused? prob nsfw  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Are you easily amused? prob nsfw
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »
Not all of it is awful, but it won't take long to see small glimpses of insanity:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/social+justice

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/feminism

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:26:19 AM by Goldbrick »

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Are you easily amused?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »
I recently realised that I actually think all PIV is rape.

If I use my definition (weaponization of the penis), then consensual intercourse still falls under that. Even if you like it. Even if you have an orgasm. You can’t consent to being assaulted, after all. The physical consequences of consensual penis-in-vagina intercourse are exactly the same as non-consensual penis-in-vagina intercourse.

Consensual PIV is a tool used to remind women of their sex class, fuckhole status. So is rape. I’d like to hear someone tell me I’m wrong without using arguments like, “but I like it!”

If we are fat because of our own behavior, just change the behavior (so says the multi-billion-dollar diet & exercise industry). Choose to be thin. If we are fat because of some other environmental experiences (childhood trauma, “bad” parenting, school lunches and vending machines, bullying, etc. and so on), then stop those things from happening. If it’s genetic, spend billions and billons of dollars to find the fat gene, or some sort of drug that will alter our biology in order to make us thin. In the end, it really is all about making fat people thin people… which is really just about getting rid of fat people. End of story. Can you imagine what happens if they find “the fat gene” (as if there is only one)? Because I bet it ends with preventing fat children from being born.

Every time you feel the need to explain your fatness, you buy into this system.

If a person is transethnic can they wear cultural items from that ethnicity?

For example can a white girl who identifies as Indian wear a bindi? Or if a white guy identifies as Native American, can he wear a headdress?

Diet culture is awful for everyone. It can take the average, mentally healthy adult human and totally eff up how that human decides how to feed themself. I have seen otherwise-mentally-healthy adults exhibit genuine fear when confronted with potatoes or full-fat milk. And that’s just people who start off mentally healthy and who are considered mentally healthy. Diet culture is even more toxic for people who struggle with mental illnesses, in particular eating disorders, depression, anxiety and OCD, and/or are generally predisposed to disordered behaviour around food….
A room in which The Biggest Loser is playing on the television is a room that is not safe for many people with eating disorders. A train station or a bus stop with advertisements for Diet Shakes, Diet Cereals, The Biggest Loser, Jenny Craig, and other weight loss paraphernalia on it is not safe for many people with eating disorders. A highway with a billboard for a weight loss show is not safe for many people with eating disorders. A menu with large, obtrusive calorie counts is not safe for many people with eating disorders. A magazine with a column by Michelle Bridges that laments the existence of fat people who don’t diet is not safe for many people with eating disorders.

If you feel safe in the presence of these images, that is your privilege.

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Are you easily amused? prob nsfw
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »
At first I was reading the thin privilege tag, and then I got into the other privileges, and then I got into social justice, and now I am leaving the internet forever.

Your white skin imbues you with power, your white culture imbues you with prejudice

The standard definition of ‘racism’ in sociology (social justice) is ‘prejudice + power’.

I would be a very rich transperson if I had a nickel for every time a white person told me they can’t be racist because they have no power.

As if power is just money, fame, the use of violence, or control of the government. It’s not.

Even if you’re homeless, penniless, completely unrepresented by your white government, and dying of cancer in a crap-filled gutter, you have privilege and power by virtue of your light skin and European facial features and fat distribution. You are imbued with the power and privilege of the ENDLESS GENERATIONS of your people that have raped and murdered the colored races. That stain on your aura will remain until your people perish from the earth, preferably by being genetically mixed with blacks, because I’m not a violent-minded person.

Furthermore, although the use of violence is an exercise of power, and all people are capable of prejudice, non-whites are not capable of violent hate crime, for the reason mentioned above. The exercise of power and prejudice over a white is cancelled out by the spiritual stain all whites possess.

The same applies to men vs. women.

“I went to a prestigious small liberal arts college in Maine. And like many other people of color who have gone to prestigious institutions of higher learning, I had a lot of white liberal friends. And I am sick of some of these white liberal friends telling me how guilty they feel all the time. How guilty they are, how their whiteness makes them feel bad. You know, I’m not impressed. Because if I had the choice between white guilt and racism, I’d take the white guilt every time! White guilt sounds great! Are you kidding me? Imagine this; you’re in a line, you’re about to board an airplane. All of a sudden security shows up. They pull a Sikh man with a beard and a turban off, they search his bags. You’re watching, what do you think to yourself? ‘Oh this is terrible, I feel terrible! This is again racial profiling. That man’s done nothing wrong. How bout they search- they should search me, I’m a white man! I could be the next Timothy McVeigh. They don’t know that! Why don’t they search my bags? ‘Cause I’m white. I feel terrible. I feel so terrible. I mean, I’m still gonna board the plane, but I’m gonna feel bad about it, I’m gonna sit in my chair, I’m gonna feel gross- Oh! I’ll write Rachel Maddow an email, that’s what I’ll do! And I’ll tell Terry Gross, and I’ll read my bell hooks on the plane. Yes, see then, everything will be better. I’ll feel better!’ …to any white liberals watching, remember this; your white guilt is a part of your white privilege.

Thin privilege is when you can buy a box of size 4 baby diapers for $20 and it comes with 60 diapers, but a size 5 is the same price and it comes with 54 diapers. rough ridin' bullshit. Fat shaming starts when people are still in diapers.

I just saw a social justice blog use the trigger warnings “violent fatphobia” “violent death” and “pregnancy death” on a post about someone setting a sim on fire

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »
My favorite is when white people throw the dictionary at me to prove that I'm racist

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

The dictionary was written by white folks for white folks. Do you really think that it is going do anything but support white supremacy?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:43:10 AM by Goldbrick »

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
these are funny, goldbrick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
these are funny, goldbrick.

I take a stroll through some of this at least once every few days. Never fails to get a laugh.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:06:30 AM by Goldbrick »

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
Social justice is one of the dumbest rough ridin' things to come out of Western civilization

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
Some of those are fascinating goldie, most make me want to punch babies, preferable female babies.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »
i don't understand.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 04:23:01 AM »
i don't understand.

No one really does, man.

No one really does.

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
I love this one.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
I love this one.

this is opening my mind to a whole new kind of pit I had never before imagined

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
While I am amused, I am curious about your fascination with this stuff Goldbrick?  Grad student or something?

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
While I am amused, I am curious about your fascination with this stuff Goldbrick?  Grad student or something?

Maybe he just hates anyone that is not a man. :dunno:

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 06:24:10 PM »

Maybe he just hates anyone that is not a man. :dunno:

A fair amount of men are writing these. As a one trick pony, you sure do like your one trick.

My fascination with it centers around the insanity of it all. How do you discipline, offer advice, or even argue with people that at the slightest sign of discomfort believe that they have been wronged, and then proceed to abuse language and definitions so badly that you can't even have a conversation?

And that doesn't even touch on the logic.

Here you have a widespread gathering of town stooges using whatever remains of the intellect they can muster against themselves.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:43:43 PM by Goldbrick »

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
I am biologically female but I identify as slice of vegetarian pizza

tumblr would make a really interesting study on how living in a niche community inflates your self importance and causes your ability to accept outside opinions to decay

because everyone here is for the most part a liberal, creating a post about some social-justice-y topic is basically just an opportunity for the entire community to circle jerk on how gloriously tolerant and in-the-know they are. In reality, it takes zero courage to reblog a post about the legalization of gay marriage/feminism/etc and changes absolutely nothing save your feeling of being such an open-minded person for agreeing with something like that

being tolerant is about accepting that people have different world views than you and that that doesn’t necessarily make them a bad person. It’s easy to shut out anyone right-winged or Christian when you’re surrounded by a group of like-minded people, but when you do that you’re seriously limiting your growth as a person and turning yourself into some self-righteous ass who hates anyone that disagrees with them

I’m just saying

“Thank you Social Justice Tumblr, for liberating me from my prison of being asexual. My…self-appointed prison. That was really more like a summer home. With a lovely fireplace and nice couches, and a wonderful view of the sea. And Social Justice Tumblr swept in through my door like a tornado with all these naked people and declared, “You can have sex!” And now everyone is having orgies everywhere, I don’t know where to sit down, and I have nowhere to put my drink. So thank you Social Justice Tumblr, for taking a word and missing the definition of the word entirely.”

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:10:43 PM by Goldbrick »

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:42 PM »

Good God, sexist if you whistle at a girl on the street and sexist if you don't.  You cannot win with these morons.