Author Topic: Congrats Shocker  (Read 7293 times)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Congrats Shocker
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:59:07 PM »
You've earned it bro. Live it up. :cheers:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats Shocker
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:06:15 PM »
Nope eff them.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »
Scottwildcat is the worst

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
it's pretty incredible how all the people celebrating the shockers win tonight on my Facebook are the same people that were pissed about the KU loss last night
emaw

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
it's pretty incredible how all the people celebrating the shockers win tonight on my Facebook are the same people that were pissed about the KU loss last night
Good post

The Big Train

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

I have the same thing, either the people went to KSU or KU but are from Wichita, claiming hometown pride, when they have never said anything about it until after they won.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
Good post

THIS

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Congrats Shocker
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »

I have the same thing, either the people went to KSU or KU but are from Wichita, claiming hometown pride, when they have never said anything about it until after they won.

I'm seeing  the same phenomenon. Sad commentary on the mindset of some fans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »

Good for them.  At least they know how to be happy.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
Scottwildcat is the worst

Shut up kim carnes and go drown some kittens or something

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:23:37 PM »
Hey be nice to KU fans, their Alma mater is going to the Final Four!!!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
For the record, I was talking about the poster. Although, being from Wichita, it's the excitement of a secondary team winning. Those celebrating like it is their primary team are shitty fans in general.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »
I'm happy for them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm from Wichita and I don't think I've ever used the term "hometown pride" in reference to it. I have some friends who went to WSU and I am happy for them but I will never understand a KU or KSU grad cheering for WSU because of "hometown pride."
emaw

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »

Yeah, I'm from Wichita and I don't think I've ever used the term "hometown pride" in reference to it. I have some friends who went to WSU and I am happy for them but I will never understand a KU or KSU grad cheering for WSU because of "hometown pride."

i grew up in topeka and it's cool when washburn does good.   :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
Honestly, I'm just ticked they did it before us in my lifetime. Petty, I know.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
I'm TSCing a bit, i have friends who graduated from commuterU and shocker basketball is all they have.  Plus they gave me a library card once.

catzacker

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »

I think ksu fans that were happy about ku losing and happy about wsu winning should have their scrotum pulled over their head.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »

I think ksu fans that were happy about ku losing and happy about wsu winning should have their scrotum pulled over their head.
No WSU fan has ever called bramlage "Charles Koch North"   do you have any idea how bad that would hurt????

catzacker

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:53 PM »

No WSU fan has ever called bramlage "Charles Koch North"   do you have any idea how bad that would hurt????

WSU fans can't even rough ridin' read let alone know that manhattan is north of wichita.  Most were pissed that the games were so late because they couldn't get off their third shift at the plant.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
The WSU TShirt alums are gonna be thick at all of the KMart's and Aldi's in Doo Dah.  rough ridin' poors.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
I don't know a single Wichita st fan

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »

:confused:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »

WSU fans can't even rough ridin' read let alone know that manhattan is north of wichita.  Most were pissed that the games were so late because they couldn't get off their third shift at the plant.
To talk to your original point, i think the reason someone would be happy about a squawk loss/shock win relates to why TSCing looks so good on paper, but can be difficult in practice.  In practice, you have to talk to KU fans from time to time, you never really have to talk to non-existent WSU fans.  So it's easier to remain true to TSCing

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »

lmfao  :lol:
emaw