Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: KSDB
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »
Fanning,

How much for a really weak signal in Manhattan on "the AM dial" (getting into the lingo here), and then simulcast (is that the right word :dunno:) the program on the internet?

Would you say that it is more or less than what we could embezzle from the BBBS donation fund?  Give or take a thousand or so...
Close. 91.9 is like the weakest signal we could afford. We could maybe work out some trade, sponsor the tower company, & plant that bad boy right in Animals backyard for 75K. We could maybe reach out 25 miles. I'll start making some calls.

IDEA:

We rent space from the Sigma Nu's to erect a small tower (antennae) from their top deck, and turn their sleeping dorm into a broadcast studio.   Christ knows they need the money, and that signal would hit the entire campus and the football stadium parking lot...which is the real goal here.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
Fanning,

How much for a really weak signal in Manhattan on "the AM dial" (getting into the lingo here), and then simulcast (is that the right word :dunno:) the program on the internet?

Would you say that it is more or less than what we could embezzle from the BBBS donation fund?  Give or take a thousand or so...
Close. 91.9 is like the weakest signal we could afford. We could maybe work out some trade, sponsor the tower company, & plant that bad boy right in Animals backyard for 75K. We could maybe reach out 25 miles. I'll start making some calls.

I'll work on getting an easement so if he ever leaves us we won't lose everything I love about the University and our radio station at the same time.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
One of the shows on the station clearly need a voice from a KU fan, someone who offers things up only to have them spiked down by the rest of the crew.  I'm not saying it should be me, but it should probably be me.

You are describing the Border Patrol or the Program on the rare occasions that they have a KSU intern....you being the KSU intern in that scenario.

So this is the perfect payback scenario, only no intern title for me.  Definitely need to be a semi-regular on the show.  Not on everyday type thing, but enough that the audience gets to know me.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
buy whoever owns 99.5 in manhattan. woof. Pretty sure it's just the tower on the hill by the dam.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
How much for an abandoned offshore oil platform in International Waters Fanning?
You don't wanna know. We'd have to bring in BSAC and our gE seals for that one.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
One of the shows on the station clearly need a voice from a KU fan, someone who offers things up only to have them spiked down by the rest of the crew.  I'm not saying it should be me, but it should probably be me.

You are describing the Border Patrol or the Program on the rare occasions that they have a KSU intern....you being the KSU intern in that scenario.

So this is the perfect payback scenario, only no intern title for me.  Definitely need to be a semi-regular on the show.  Not on everyday type thing, but enough that the audience gets to know me.

The T-Shirt Fanboi Hour, Bi-weekly from 5 to 6 am Sunday Mornings.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
How much for an abandoned offshore oil platform in International Waters Fanning?
I am not the grammar police, but a missing comma in the above sentence makes it absolutely adorable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
I am not the grammar police, but a missing comma in the above sentence makes it absolutely adorable.

Yeah, forgot the comma. 

catzacker

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
I’d make only one humble request:  I get a 30 minute segment each Friday called “Kicking and Screaming”.

Also, Dax gets to be our reporter for KU athletics.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »
Oh man can michigancat do a late night or weekend music segment?  I will call in to request Bryan Adams, The Skatt Brothers, and Gordon Lightfoot.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:05:17 PM by FuzzyWuzzy »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »
why the talk about towers?  just make an internet radio station.   :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »
We need to be heard on gameday.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
I’d make only one humble request:  I get a 30 minute segment each Friday called “Kicking and Screaming”.

I'd like for you to at least co-host the post game shows.  You'll play the role of Jack Harry after a Chiefs game. 

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »

I'd like for you to at least co-host the post game shows.  You'll play the role of Jack Harry after a Chiefs game.

yes please.  I'd also like to do an in game blog.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
We need to be heard on gameday.

Ya, no crap OK_Cat. 

I did read that you can start a micro broadcast, but it can't be powerful enough to go beyond 200 feet. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »

Yeah, forgot the comma.

forgot the comma, but sure gave me a coma!

badumdum. heeeeehaawwwww. reh ru reh ru reh ruh! boiiiiiiiiing!  <-------funny radio sound effects

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
DOOM_Catz and I bought a transmitter that went from DU and could be heard on campus. That's like, really far away.

We bought it on the internets as everyone in Manhattan told us it was illegal. It basically just hijacked an existing station. Could be a good option as long as we use fake names?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
I'd like to fulfill the Bomani Jones role on the station, without the Twitter blocking of course. I would come on everyone else's show as a scheduled guest and throw some grenades sure to piss people off.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
I'd like to fulfill the Bomani Jones role on the station, without the Twitter blocking of course. I would come on everyone else's show as a scheduled guest and throw some grenades sure to piss people off.

i would also like to participate in this. i could be jay mariotti sans the rapey part

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »
I don't want to work at your new radio station but if you have any stickers or t-shirts I'd take one.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
So you don't doubt my credentials I would submit that in high school I won an award from the KASB for the best high school PSA over radio.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
what this thread has turned into =  :love:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »
So you don't doubt my credentials I would submit that in high school I won an award from the KASB for the best high school PSA over radio.

Shelby McNutt :love: as an old school foundation layer its good to hear that you were able to reap the fruits of my labor :cheers:

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
Jesus, lots of interest in this project.  We may have to conduct interviews.  Everyone, start getting your audition tapes put together.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »
Liar outed. It's the KAB's and I have 3. PBP, Sports Talk Show, & Sportscast. #wackycatbrag I'll be the utility guy and fill in holes when needed.