Author Topic: KSDB  (Read 11663 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: KSDB
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 12:05:38 PM »
Any Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) getting butthurt over a college kids opinion, on a college station for amateurs, needs to take a long look in the mirror to see what a worthless POS they've become.

You should def go post that in that GPC thread.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
Any respect getting butthurt over a college kids opinion, on a college station for amateurs, needs to take a long look in the mirror to see what a worthless POS they've become.

don't bother. they're just a bunch of dorks still stuck in their parents basement who have nothing better to do then talk poorly about some college kids trying to learn a craft.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »
Any respect getting butthurt over a college kids opinion, on a college station for amateurs, needs to take a long look in the mirror to see what a worthless POS they've become.

don't bother. they're just a bunch of dorks still stuck in their parents basement who have nothing better to do then talk poorly about some college kids trying to learn a craft.

Those basement dwellers are constantly ragging on college kids. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »

you know why, don't you? because that whole board is filled with people that never even went to college and still live in their parents basement and only have internet by stealing the wireless password from their parents file cabinet when they aren't looking. it's sad but true. 

catzacker

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 12:13:46 PM »
I should have been more specific.  Trim would be the reporter for the men’s sports for gE radio, OKCat gets the women’s sports. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
How much does it cost to buy a radio station?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »
I should have been more specific.  Trim would be the reporter for the men’s sports for gE radio, OKCat gets the women’s sports.

i'm not trying to undermine your authority, but why wouldn't wackycat get women's sports?  seems more appropriate.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »

1 bike and a tin foil hat

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:43 PM »
100k would get things started in Garden City. $500k in Manhattan. It's all about the signal cost.

catzacker

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »

i'm not trying to undermine your authority, but why wouldn't wackycat get women's sports?  seems more appropriate.

no.  I'd like to make women's sport coverage entertaining.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:36 PM »
Can you imagine a goEMAW.com radio station?  I’d listen to a morning show of SD, _Fan, w/ KK producing, sys answering phones.  Call it “The Katpak”.

:D

This is a horrible setup.  Can you imagine sys screening calls? 

Sys:  "go Emaw radio"

Caller:  "Ya, I wanted to talk about..."

Sys: (hangs up phone)

Then repeat that like a hundred times a day.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »

no.  I'd like to make women's sport coverage entertaining.
:dubious: Too bad you're not the Program Director.  :gocho:

catzacker

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »
sys would be a fantastic call screener, imo.  he'd let the right amount of crazy in.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
gE Radio would not screen callers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »

you know why, don't you? because that whole board is filled with people that never even went to college and still live in their parents basement and only have internet by stealing the wireless password from their parents file cabinet when they aren't looking. it's sad but true.

Yeah, clearly they don't get college kids, which is probably why they're so reclusive and anti-social,  hanging out in their parents basements and stealing the neighbors Wi-Fi.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
gE Radio would not screen callers

sys wouldn't be able to help himself....we'd end up with equal helpings of sophisticated kenpomy type callers, and nut jobs who merely amuse sys.  Forget about football talk.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »
Fanning,

How much for a really weak signal in Manhattan on "the AM dial" (getting into the lingo here), and then simulcast (is that the right word :dunno:) the program on the internet?

Would you say that it is more or less than what we could embezzle from the BBBS donation fund?  Give or take a thousand or so...

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 12:29:12 PM »
One of the shows on the station clearly need a voice from a KU fan, someone who offers things up only to have them spiked down by the rest of the crew.  I'm not saying it should be me, but it should probably be me.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 12:30:17 PM »
If you guys want to start a radio station without at least 10 hours/week of Jakesie/DLew then by all means go ahead...

Just know that it will suck and I will say I told you so.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
One of the shows on the station clearly need a voice from a KU fan, someone who offers things up only to have them spiked down by the rest of the crew.  I'm not saying it should be me, but it should probably be me.

You are describing the Border Patrol or the Program on the rare occasions that they have a KSU intern....you being the KSU intern in that scenario.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »

You are describing the Border Patrol or the Program on the rare occasions that they have a KSU intern....you being the KSU intern in that scenario.

right you are pete right you are

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »
Luke can host the "In case you missed it" segment that comes on after the afternoon drive time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »
Fanning,

How much for a really weak signal in Manhattan on "the AM dial" (getting into the lingo here), and then simulcast (is that the right word :dunno:) the program on the internet?

Would you say that it is more or less than what we could embezzle from the BBBS donation fund?  Give or take a thousand or so...
Close. A station like 91.9 is like the weakest signal we could afford. We could maybe work out some trade, sponsor the tower company, & plant our new tower right in Animals backyard for 75K. We could maybe reach out 25 miles. I'll start making some calls.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:37:30 PM by Wackycat08 »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
We should probably also consider including video, to broadcast the inner workings of the studio.  It's more content on which to sell advertising, and the rough ridin' advertisers are going to line up for this. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 12:36:46 PM »
How much for an abandoned offshore oil platform in International Waters Fanning?