Author Topic: The worst thing about oscar costing us that win vs La Salle . . .  (Read 2443 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
opportunity cost. JFC, we would only have to beat Ole Miss and Wichita State to get to the Elite 8. :frown:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: The worst thing about oscar costing us that win vs La Salle . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
"only"

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »
we would lose to both

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »
if frank's dumbass would have offered Ron Baker we would've beat la salle

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Wichita State is going to be wearing their white uniforms in the Staples Center. Think about that.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »
That's what happens when you hire a coach that had just been fired

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:11 PM »
I'm not sure if I will be able to control myself if ISU knocks of OSU.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
I'm not sure if I will be able to control myself if ISU knocks of OSU.

I am giving up sports if that happens.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
eff me. i'm not even drunk and i am melting down hard right now. it's like a 30 hour later rough ridin' meltdown.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:58 PM »
if frank's dumbass would have offered Ron Baker we would've beat la salle
If that would have happened, this website would have been in a frenzy. Trust me.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »
It keeps getting worse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:40 PM »
As soon as we lost I just marveled at the path we had and squandered. Play in team and a 12 seed, in KC with a bunch of KSU fans (easily 13k of them at the LaSalle game), and a Mo Valley team in LA.

We won't see a path like that again in 25 years, and oscar blew it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
No excuses here, but that was an absolute march madness game. La Salle couldn't miss in the first half and that comeback in the 2nd half was unreal. I know everyone is pissed about the result (which they should be), but it's hard to argue coaching in the first half w/ our awful shooting. With that said, I agree it doesn't get prettier from here.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »
No excuses here, but that was an absolute march madness game. La Salle couldn't miss in the first half and that comeback in the 2nd half was unreal. I know everyone is pissed about the result (which they should be), but it's hard to argue coaching in the first half w/ our awful shooting. With that said, I agree it doesn't get prettier from here.

It's easy to argue coaching in the first half when oscar decides to not utilize the biggest mismatch on the floor for the majority of the half.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 11:52:08 PM »

It's easy to argue coaching in the first half when oscar decides to not utilize the biggest mismatch on the floor for the majority of the half.
Touche. That showed in the second half. I will say though, they were quick with the ball. I've never seen a team rotate and move that quickly this season.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:29 AM »

Touche. That showed in the second half. I will say though, they were quick with the ball. I've never seen a team rotate and move that quickly this season.

Iowa State moves the ball just as well or better than that team, and they don't have a big man who can step out like ISU does. oscar told the media that he was going to guard them real aggressively on the perimeter and let JO stay back and protect the rim...except in the first half that didn't end up being the gameplan at all. In the second half he went to that strategy and completely shut down their offense, if he would have done what he said he was going to do, then we would have won by 20+. oscar tried to get too cute and cost his team an opportunity for a cakewalk to the Elite 8.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »

Iowa State moves the ball just as well or better than that team, and they don't have a big man who can step out like ISU does. oscar told the media that he was going to guard them real aggressively on the perimeter and let JO stay back and protect the rim...except in the first half that didn't end up being the gameplan at all. In the second half he went to that strategy and completely shut down their offense, if he would have done what he said he was going to do, then we would have won by 20+. oscar tried to get too cute and cost his team an opportunity for a cakewalk to the Elite 8.

I'm sure we'll have just as wide open a path next year