Author Topic: Other NCAA Tourny Games Thread  (Read 62096 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Other NCAA Tourny Games Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
On the blown charge/block
Quote from: Section 56
. A secondary defender is considered to be in the restricted area when any part of either foot is in or above this area.

yikes

The best part about this is that when the announcers were gushing over how Craft was smart enough to keep his feet from touching the line, that's when I knew the rule was that anything over it was considered a block. Seriously, CBS announcers are that bad.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 24, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
My heart was with floodaggie but having the West open up like that, with our Cats done for the season, would be a lot to stomach. 

Yeah, this is all I could think about. It would have haunted me the rest of my life.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Other NCAA Tourny Games Thread
« Reply #602 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
. A secondary defender is considered to be in the restricted area when any part of either foot is in or above this area.

yikes

The best part about this is that when the announcers were gushing over how Craft was smart enough to keep his feet from touching the line, that's when I knew the rule was that anything over it was considered a block. Seriously, CBS announcers are that bad.

Coaches son

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 24, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
Quote from: Art 12
A secondary defender as defined in Rule 4-61 cannot establish initial
legal guarding position in the restricted area for the purpose of drawing a player
control foul/charge when defending a player who is in control of the ball (i.e.,
dribbling or shooting) or who has released the ball for a pass or try. When illegal 92 Rule 10 / foulsandpenalties
contact occurs within this Restricted Area, such contact shall be called a blocking
foul, unless the contact is a flagrant foul.

Link in case I'm wrong here.
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/BR13.pdf
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 24, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »

yikes

Take it back. Charles and Clark are, in my opinion, the two best commentators in college basketball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
The line has only enhanced the ability for officials to call charges and increased the frequency. If a guy looks like he has remotely good defensive position and looks like he's close to outside the arc, its almost always a charge. But its no surprise, any time you specify a rule, its going to lead to more frequent calls (either way). The thing the arc has decreased is no calls. And in real time, it would be nearly impossible for an official to make the call on this play, its a guess either way.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 24, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
The problem I have with this game is that the rule is black and white and forces the refs to make one, and only one, call.  Its also suppose to remove human error in this exact play. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
Not a bad call.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
Not a bad call.

shut up you racist troll

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 24, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »
Bad call, worse rule. That line should be treated like every other line on the court. Hovering foot should be considered off of the line.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »
Wasn't Craft late getting there too? Over/line touching the line is a super tough call in real time so I'm not that upset about it. I have a bigger problem with Craft not being in very good position.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
Bad call, worse rule. That line should be treated like every other line on the court. Hovering foot should be considered off of the line.
are you in favor of the principle of the rule?  Would you be in favor of the unlined rule and leave it up to the refs, or go to a bigger arc which would prevent more undercutting of players already in the air?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
Wasn't Craft late getting there too? Over/line touching the line is a super tough call in real time so I'm not that upset about it. I have a bigger problem with Craft not being in very good position.

Yeah, he slid under.  It was an awful, awful, racist call.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »

yes, everything about the call was bad.  Craft was half way to the ground when he established his so called position.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »
Wyatt for Temple is very enjoyable to watch.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 24, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »

Yes it was an awful call that helped keep me at #1 in one bracket, sorry Clones :grin:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »

I thought he was there, but Ialso thought Clyburn was fouled up top, by Smith I believe, before he hit Craft.

are you in favor of the principle of the rule?  Would you be in favor of the unlined rule and leave it up to the refs, or go to a bigger arc which would prevent more undercutting of players already in the air?

I thought I was clear about my problem with the rule is the foot or feet should be allowed to hover over the arc like you can every other line.

If we're bitching about or fixing rules, can we have the officials call verticality correctly? I don't think I have seen an offensive foul called when the defender jumps and that's very wrong.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »
Quote from: MakeItRain

I thought I was clear about my problem with the rule is the foot or feet should be allowed to hover over the arc like you can every other line.

If we're bitching about or fixing rules, can we have the officials call verticality correctly? I don't think I have seen an offensive foul called when the defender jumps and that's very wrong.
nice and snippy, I like it.  by the way if you think hover footing it is okay, you clearly don't understand the rule.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »

yes, everything about the call was bad.  Craft was half way to the ground when he established his so called position.

Was it a foul? Technically, no. Did it look like a foul? No. Was it a borderline call? Yes. The official made the right call. What's the big deal? People are making mountains out of molehills about this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »

nice and snippy, I like it.  by the way if you think hover footing it is okay, you clearly don't understand the rule.
[/quote]

Stop being mad and learn to read

catzacker

« Reply #620 on: March 24, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »

he has 20 of Temple's 24 points.  :horrorsurprise:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:06 PM »

Half way to the ground? Seriously? The guy was set up perfectly. The only mistake he made was being too close to the basket.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »
The amount of charges called is the worst thing about college bball. They should make it a defensive foul if someone steps in another players way just to draw a charge, maybe eject that player or just kick him off the team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 24, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

Guess his thumb is fine

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 24, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
Quote from: MakeItRain

Stop being mad and learn to read
Stop being a petty butt hurt poster