Author Topic: Julius Randle: Role Model, Hero  (Read 16145 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Julius Randle: Role Model, Hero
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
I'm a through and through TSC'er.

But for one of the first times in recent memory, a highly rate recruit turned down Bill Self and his female loving, behind his wife's back ways. Who else will follow his lead?

He should be applauded.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Julius Randle: Role Model, Hero
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:52:27 PM »
I'm a through and through TSC'er.

But for one of the first times in recent memory, a highly rate recruit turned down Bill Self and his female loving, behind his wife's back ways. Who else will follow his lead?

He should be applauded.

Bill told him he was leaving KU and randle will follow him to his next school.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:54:50 PM »
Hopefully the message of bill being a monster that intentionally holds kids back from their dreams is infiltrating AAU teams.   Basically the anti Cal.

Randle must have a good head on his shoulders (move to old sayings thread).

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
Tough one to swallow for little bro.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Tough one to swallow

also move to old sayings thread

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
UK's recruiting class is unreal. Six 5 star recruits.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »
Current best recruiter for K-State?  John Calipari. 
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

catzacker

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
I’m glad Randle chose UK instead of KU; This means we’ll probably keep it close in Manhattan before losing (again) next year.  Another great “win” for KSU earned by someone else.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
Bless their heart   (another old sayings thread addition)  :lol:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:57 PM »
I remember the days when K-State used to compete for high profile recruits.  Those were some good times.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
I remember the days when K-State used to compete for high profile recruits.  Those were some good times.

yes, that was amazing

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »
Beems, your class is still sick.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

yes, that was amazing

Yep, that was a good year.

catzacker

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »

when was this?  we really didn't have to compete for any of them.  they (meaning bill, mike, wally, rodney) just came along without much effort (mostly cheating-ish type stuff).  after that, frank had Latavious who I think is pumping gas somewhere and is 40 years old and Tony Mitchell who got birthed to North Texas. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »
Beems, your class is still sick.

Thanks.

:cheers:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »
love how coach cal has completely modeled his recruiting strategy after KSU and GRCOAT

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
Was there any doubt where he was going when he came out decked in Burberry with a Rolex on his wrist?
Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
I'm really going to have to re-think things here.   It appears that Cal and Kentucky can put together better overall packages for recruits than ku/Self/Compton and company.

I may have to re-focus my cheating longings more towards Kentucky and their model over ku and their model . . . as the one K-State should adopt.

I am really disturbed everytime I hear about Weber not "going there".   I really want to believe that Weber takes the "Knight Model" where the "care takers" seemingly have no direct connection to the basketball office.   But alas I fear tis nothing but a Windmill.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
Was there any doubt where he was going when he came out decked in Burberry with a Rolex on his wrist?
:lol:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »
guys, stop with the cheaters bullshit. jfc

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
I'm really going to have to re-think things here.   It appears that Cal and Kentucky can put together better overall packages for recruits than ku/Self/Compton and company.

I may have to re-focus my cheating longings more towards Kentucky and their model over ku and their model . . . as the one K-State should adopt.

I am really disturbed everytime I hear about Weber not "going there".   I really want to believe that Weber takes the "Knight Model" where the "care takers" seemingly have no direct connection to the basketball office.   But alas I fear tis nothing but a Windmill.

Eric Gordon didn't go to Illinois because Weber was unwilling to pay. It's all about the $$$

Everyone cheats, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.
Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »

Eric Gordon didn't go to Illinois because Weber was unwilling to pay. It's all about the $$$

Um, thanks Captain Obvious.

I was talking about what model to use, not the merits of cheating/not cheating.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »

Model A:  #1 recruiting class, NIT loss at Robert Morris

Model B:  #3 recruiting class, #1 seed in NCAA tournament

Offline Vigilant

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »

It wasn't obvious to me.  Perhaps I could learn something from you guys.  How much does it cost $$$ to get a 4 star recruit these days?  I'll ask somewhere else about 5 star players.  If you can give examples of specific players and their standard payroll, this would really help out the new guys.  Thanks.

catzacker

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 02:38:32 PM »

It wasn't obvious to me.  Perhaps I could learn something from you guys.  How much does it cost $$$ to get a 4 star recruit these days?  I'll ask somewhere else about 5 star players.  If you can give examples of specific players and their standard payroll, this would really help out the new guys.  Thanks.

we don't pay players (or family members or aau people) anymore, which is why we suck.