Author Topic: Weber may never beat KU in his time here.  (Read 8605 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Weber may never beat KU in his time here.
« on: March 16, 2013, 07:07:16 PM »
What a rough ridin' pathetic, cowardly gameplan.

Hey bros, we could try to win this game doing what we do, but if it doesn't work out we might lose by 25. ORRRR we could eat the ball, try to get inside with 5 seconds on the shot clock, and undoubtedly lose, but only lose by maybe 10!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chemhawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Weber may never beat KU in his time here.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »

Hey bros, we could try to win this game doing what we do, but if it doesn't work out we might lose by 25. ORRRR we could eat the ball, try to get inside with 5 seconds on the shot clock, and undoubtedly lose, but only lose by maybe 10!

Pissing off Bill will his incessant whining and lack of grace is probably the biggest thing against him.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »

Pissing off Bill will his incessant whining and lack of grace is probably the biggest thing against him.

It had nothing to do with KU. KU had a pretty normal game.

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
I would have appreciated Weber more if he would have done more than just give a Wooly grin to the officials.  I mean, Self went on a 15 minute tirade (game time - it was more like 30 minutes of actual) when he felt he got mumped on a stupid call.  Weber just smiled.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:29 PM »
I would have appreciated Weber more if he would have done more than just give a Wooly grin to the officials.  I mean, Self went on a 15 minute tirade (game time - it was more like 30 minutes of actual) when he felt he got mumped on a stupid call.  Weber just smiled.

this is my biggest concern.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
i could not care less about beating KU.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »

Yeah. I was begging him to get a T. Do something.

If he's going to impersonate Neckbrace he should have chosen the stomp-out-to-midcourt-and-demand-an-explanation move.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
oscar is a coward. 

oscar needs to do what bill does.  Understand before the game that he is going to put on a show to the refs at the first questionable call and keep the show up until they tech you.

Flip your lid, concede the two points, and you will get that two back in calls that maybe wouldn't have been made.

Our biggest problem was not making our open shots, but the insanity of the fouls was a close second. 

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
oscar is a coward. 

oscar needs to do what bill does.  Understand before the game that he is going to put on a show to the refs at the first questionable call and keep the show up until they tech you.

Flip your lid, concede the two points, and you will get that two back in calls that maybe wouldn't have been made.

Our biggest problem was not making our open shots, but the insanity of the fouls was a close second.

it all started with his "funeral" he held for bill at Illinois...bill hates him. I'll be surprised if they ever beat KU as long as he is your coach
everyone is jealous

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »
I would say that our biggest problem is that Kansas is better.

I love our team but, Self is just a better coach with better players.  Pretty simple formula.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:44 PM »
oscar is a coward. 

it all started with his "funeral" he held for bill at Illinois...bill hates him. I'll be surprised if they ever beat KU as long as he is your coach

OK, IchabodSlipp, just like I told your Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) brother chemhawk, oscar's cowardly gameplan has nothing whatsoever to do with something KU is doing, or the funeral, or any of that crap.

catzacker

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
It has nothing to do with a funeral.  You have to be a rough ridin' complete moron to think that.  I mean, the level of rough ridin' stupidity to think that bill beating weber has anything to with a rough ridin' funeral is so great that I can't possibly phathom anyone is that rough ridin' stupid. 

The reason ku beats ksu is because of talent.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Weber may never beat KU in his time here.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Yeah. I don't even watch the KU games any more.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
i heard that snyder beat weis cause one time he didn't say "god bless you" after snyder sneezed at a coaches event.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
I bet Bill can barely remember his name.  the only thing bill knows is that his job is safe as long as you guys run us.  Nothing to do with who our coaches or players are.

What I am saying is that Bill is good at what he does and his stance on fouls/influencing refs is obvious and something that should be very easy to replicate by other coaches of ranked teams. 

Throw a fit.  Get indignant.  But most importantly let today's refs as well as next game's refs see it.  If you think tonight's guys didn't see what Bill did last night,  you're crazy.

Bill effected yesterday's game and this one with his extended show last night. 

All I ask is that our HC understand a little bit about human nature and apply it to help affect the game.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »
I bet Bill can barely remember his name.  the only thing bill knows is that his job is safe as long as you guys run us.  Nothing to do with who our coaches or players are.

What I am saying is that Bill is good at what he does and his stance on fouls/influencing refs is obvious and something that should be very easy to replicate by other coaches of ranked teams. 

Throw a fit.  Get indignant.  But most importantly let today's refs as well as next game's refs see it.  If you think tonight's guys didn't see what Bill did last night,  you're crazy.

Bill effected yesterday's game and this one with his extended show last night. 

All I ask is that our HC understand a little bit about human nature and apply it to help affect the game.

not sure i want to see what show aspergers oscar would do compared to what total stud bill does.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
Wooly beat KU.  It took him 6 years.  oscar just needs time.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
All he has to do is flip his crap.  we all are capable of that.  Let your assistants know that you will be doing it at the first questionable call and have them ready to make a show of "restraining" too.  Make it look worse that it actually is.  this isn't hard.  It really doesn't have to look believable.  I mean, did you see Bill last night.  It was extraordinarily obvs what he was doing.  Make a show.  doesn't have to be broadway worthy, just has to be a show.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:32 PM »
I could give oscar bitching lessons. I have several ku fans who sat around me at sprint tonight who can vouch for me. My fiancée could also help, she was nearly as impressive as me.
emaw

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:37 PM »
I could give oscar bitching lessons. I have several ku fans who sat around me at sprint tonight who can vouch for me. My fiancée could also help, she was nearly as impressive as me.

My wife wanted to quit watching the game, she was so pissed at how big a pussy Weber was being. (true story.)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
All he has to do is flip his crap.  we all are capable of that.  Let your assistants know that you will be doing it at the first questionable call and have them ready to make a show of "restraining" too.  Make it look worse that it actually is.  this isn't hard.  It really doesn't have to look believable.  I mean, did you see Bill last night.  It was extraordinarily obvs what he was doing.  Make a show.  doesn't have to be broadway worthy, just has to be a show.

Does yelling 'BULLSHIT' then hands in the pockets and sitting down on the bench, hiding behind others count?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
Nope.  And neither does laughing,  smiling,  and sarcastically looking like you think the refs are joking

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
I agree with taking oscar to task over lack of fire with officials but LOL at anyone who thinks Frank was any different.  He was as big if not bigger of a pussy with the refs. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »

My wife wanted to quit watching the game, she was so pissed at how big a pussy Weber was being. (true story.)

some little ku kid a few rows in front of us just kept turning around and staring at us with wide eyes. whatever, someone had to teach that kid how to cuss and I'm glad we were there to do it.
emaw

Offline IlliniTillIDie

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »
Weber has been slighting Self for almost a decade now.  Aside from the funeral he boasted he "kicked [Self's] butt" when he coached SIU against Illinois when Bill was there.    (Even though he lost the game.)  Then just in the last week or so he made a crack about KU getting the title because of the officials.  Which while true is a really dumb thing to say, especially when the season's not over.

But if that wasn't enough, think about what Self went through losing to Bucknell with Roy's players while oscar Weber got coach of the year with his ... and acted like he did it all himself too.

There is a story on the Illinois board about a couple fans that bumped into Self at the Final Four in New Orleans right after Weber was hired.  They wanted to know if we hired a good coach and he wouldn't answer, he just looked at Norm Roberts and smiled.

Look, it's true KU has better players and better coaches ... but Bill's teams come out flat at times, and that is never gonna happen against KSU so long as Weber is still there.