Author Topic: #45years . . .  (Read 16955 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: #45years . . .
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
Beems really is the best.  Probably as good a fisher as our very own national champ.  Having said that...

K-State - 8-4  Lose most of our D and stud QB.  Luckily we have 2 other stud QB's and the best O-Line in the league.  D will slip a little, but not more than 3 games worth.  Also,  :bill:

KU - 3-9  Certainly a talent upgrade on paper, but that hasn't amounted to much in the past over there.  Still, if Heaps even performs like a 4* athlete, that should be enough to get a couple more wins than last year.  Still may go 0-fer in conference play.
I'll ask you the same question that's been asked of Beems; what conference games does KU have a chance to win.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
Beems really is the best.  Probably as good a fisher as our very own national champ.  Having said that...

K-State - 8-4  Lose most of our D and stud QB.  Luckily we have 2 other stud QB's and the best O-Line in the league.  D will slip a little, but not more than 3 games worth.  Also,  :bill:

KU - 3-9  Certainly a talent upgrade on paper, but that hasn't amounted to much in the past over there.  Still, if Heaps even performs like a 4* athlete, that should be enough to get a couple more wins than last year.  Still may go 0-fer in conference play.
I'll ask you the same question that's been asked of Beems; what conference games does KU have a chance to win.

Iowa State is always capable of getting beat.

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »

The only 3 I even see as winnable are Texas Tech, West Virginia and @ Iowa State.  I don't think they would be favored in any of those.  Their best shot is Texas Tech because its their first conference game and after a bye week.  Its looking like another 1-3 win season for them though.  At Rice won't be easy and Louisiana Tech only lost 3 games last year by a total of 20 points (1 L coming to A&M by 2).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
bitbeems gonna bitbeems

:gocho:
beems, you're a master of your craft.  gE.c is better for having you.

and i like to think you're better for having us.

beems learned well over 95% of his schtick here and at ksufans.  So yeah.
I miss the explosive, out of control BMW Jayhawk of old times.  Very enjoyable.  :grin:

It was early in his evolution, before we taught him how to bbs.
His skin has gotten thicker and his wit has improved tremendously.

only took him 15,000+ posts.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
bitbeems gonna bitbeems

:gocho:
beems, you're a master of your craft.  gE.c is better for having you.

and i like to think you're better for having us.

beems learned well over 95% of his schtick here and at ksufans.  So yeah.
I miss the explosive, out of control BMW Jayhawk of old times.  Very enjoyable.  :grin:

It was early in his evolution, before we taught him how to bbs.
His skin has gotten thicker and his wit has improved tremendously.

only took him 15,000+ posts.
Masters of the craft are far and few between.  :bigtoke:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
Well... KU is one of a handful of current Big 12 teams with a BCS Bowl victory.  Plus, KU leads the Big 12 in NFL hall of famers.  K-State, on the other hand, is one of a handful of BCS programs with zero national championships in any team sport.

You can finally stop with this talking point. We made a BCS game last year and are up 2-1 in that category

Next.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:21:05 AM by Pett »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »
Just for the record KU will lose atleast one noncon game and I have them winning 0 or 1 conference game. No more than 1. KU's ceiling record is 3-9.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:15 PM »
Just for the record KU will lose atleast one noncon game and I have them winning 0 or 1 conference game. No more than 1. KU's ceiling record is 3-9.

Have to agree. 3-9 is the best they can realistically expect, and it could be worse. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »
KSU 12-0, KU 0-12
emaw

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »

The only 3 I even see as winnable are Texas Tech, West Virginia and @ Iowa State.  I don't think they would be favored in any of those.  Their best shot is Texas Tech because its their first conference game and after a bye week.  Its looking like another 1-3 win season for them though.  At Rice won't be easy and Louisiana Tech only lost 3 games last year by a total of 20 points (1 L coming to A&M by 2).

They won't be favored in any of them, but they won't be such heavy underdogs that they should expect to lose all 3, either. Weis should be fired if he doesn't win a conference game this year, and if I were a KU fan, I would want him fired if he only won 1.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »
Why doesn't anybody's predictions of KU's success weigh on the fact that Charlie Weis is a really shitty Head Coach? Notre Dame for example.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »
Yes, Chuck said Heaps is #1 going into spring practice over Cummings.  I would hate to be KU fan and watch him repeat the mistakes of last season all over again trying run his pro-style offense.  It is bad enough when he embarrasses the conference with this losing to mid-majors bs.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
Has any one won running a pro-style offense in college?? Teams have run the west coast offense and been successful but it takes tons of talent.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
Has any one won running a pro-style offense in college?? Teams have run the west coast offense and been successful but it takes tons of talent.

Pretty sure Bama and LSU run pro-style offenses, though NCAA 13 tells me Alabama has a "one-back" system  :dunno:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

Under Pete Carroll, USC had a pro-style offense

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
Well... KU is one of a handful of current Big 12 teams with a BCS Bowl victory.  Plus, KU leads the Big 12 in NFL hall of famers.  K-State, on the other hand, is one of a handful of BCS programs with zero national championships in any team sport.

You can finally stop with this talking point. We made a BCS game last year and are up 2-1 in that category

Next.
but, but, but they won theirs'.  :D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
Why doesn't anybody's predictions of KU's success weigh on the fact that Charlie Weis is a really shitty Head Coach? Notre Dame for example.
but, but, but he has Superbowl rings.  :D

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
UT was pro-style before Vince

Under Pete Carroll, USC had a pro-style offense

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »
Can some one explain to me in 3 sentences what a pro-style offense is? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
#45years . . .
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »

Run the ball. Throw the ball. Repeat.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
full back  usually, tight ends that  block  and  very little qb  run  game. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2013, 09:38:14 PM »
I think KU can win anywhere between 2 and 6 games  :dunno:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »

QB takes almost every snap from under center and he is usually a pocket passer - only runs while scrambling on a broken play.  Most formations have a fullback and two TEs.  Run the ball to open up the pass, and only pass more than you run when the clock is working against you or you're down by a lot.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »
Lol, just saw KU's football season ticket commercial, just awful, even if I didn't know about #20straightconferencelosses that commercial still would make me want to  :barf: Join the Chant? GMAFB
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla