Author Topic: Is there such as thing as being too good at sports?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is there such as thing as being too good at sports?
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »
Will the conference pass some new rules in an attempt to level the playing field and bring parity back to the league? Will UT finally get tired of being treated so poorly by us and take their talents to the Pac 10? Will KU continue their slide into obscurity, fold their football program, and take Creighton's spot in the MVC? These are all important questions guys and will be for the foreseeable future. With the incredible success we've achieved athletically, combined with the incredible future our academic research programs and the impending cash avalanche the NBAF will bring, we may need to seriously consider going independent so that we can be assured of playing only top tier programs because the Big 12 isn't going to be able to properly prepare us for postseason play for much longer. Just my two cents guys.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is there such as thing as being too good at sports?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:01:55 AM »
We'll find out I guess.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:03:45 AM »
You guys are acting like you just won a national championship or a BCS Bowl or something.  It's just the Big 12. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 03:17:18 AM »
You guys are acting like you just won a national championship or a BCS Bowl or something.  It's just the Big 12.

Its okay Ben, you have my permission to continue to live vicariously through the Wildcats.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 03:22:03 AM »
"The thought was both reassuring and frustrating. Somewhere ahead of him [John Currie] on this path, the fanatic hordes cut their gory path across the universe Big XII in his name. The green and black purple and white Atreides K-State banner would become a symbol of terror. Wild legions would charge into battle screaming their war cry: "Muad'Dib!" "EMAW" It must not be, he thought. I cannot let it happen. But he could feel the demanding race consciousness within him, his own terrible purpose, and he knew that no small thing could deflect the juggernaut."
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »
Will the conference pass some new rules in an attempt to level the playing field and bring parity back to the league? Will UT finally get tired of being treated so poorly by us and take their talents to the Pac 10? Will KU continue their slide into obscurity, fold their football program, and take Creighton's spot in the MVC? These are all important questions guys and will be for the foreseeable future. With the incredible success we've achieved athletically, combined with the incredible future our academic research programs and the impending cash avalanche the NBAF will bring, we may need to seriously consider going independent so that we can be assured of playing only top tier programs because the Big 12 isn't going to be able to properly prepare us for postseason play for much longer. Just my two cents guys.

That would be a good fit for KU.  I think they'd start a pretty quality rivalry with Drake in FB, and WSU in bball.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb