Author Topic: Oklahoma could be in trouble  (Read 1018 times)

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Oklahoma could be in trouble
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
University of Oklahoma basketball star Keith "Tiny" Gallon may have violated a cardinal NCAA rule by accepting thousands of dollars from a guy who appears to have been courting him.

Gallon -- a freshman center for the Sooners - scored a $3,000 wire transfer last August, according to a document obtained by TMZ. The money was deposited in a bank account jointly held by Keith and his mom, Sylvia Wright.

As for who gave Keith the dough -- the document shows it's Jeffrey Hausinger, a Merrill Lynch financial advisor who reps several professional athletes.

It's a violation of NCAA rules for any player or player's relative to receive money that isn't readily available to other players -- for example, a student loan or scholarship. We're told the rule clearly prohibits any agent, lawyer or financial advisor from trying to lure a player with money.

Keith made headlines last week when he announced he would return to OU next year rather than turn pro.

OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione says the school is committed to following NCAA rules, and "any activity not in compliance is taken seriously and is acted upon swiftly."

We could not reach Keith. His mom had no comment. We called Hausinger for comment about the $3,000 wire transfer -- he said, "I don't think I want to talk to you," and hung up.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/oklahoma-basketball-star-keith-gallon-ncaa-scandal/#ixzz0j7UBlQi7

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma could be in trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:58 PM »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline StayOutOfTrees

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
I have to admit, comment #29 was funny.

29. Now that he has the cash he can transfer to Kansas.
Wouldn't be the first time ask LSU.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »
"We Landed on the Moon!"