Author Topic: Haha, a South Carolina fan...  (Read 1149 times)

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Haha, a South Carolina fan...
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »
...just walked in where I work. I asked him if he was a fan, and he said yes, but he only really cares about football and baseball. I asked him about Frank Martin and mentioned that I was a K-State fan. He told me that no one in Columbia really follows and/or cares about SC basketball. His family goes to some home games (tickets are a dime a dozen apparently), and that the fanbase really doesn't care for Frank or his antics. Basketball is so non-existent and has been so awful there (other than the NIT appearances in '05/'06) that he thinks that Frank will be gone (let go/leave) as soon as a more desirable job opens.

On a side note, he said he'd love to see a football game between the Spurrier's Gamecocks and Snyder's Cats. He loved Klein and that "little number 16". Nice guy. Idk, thought I'd share... :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Haha, a South Carolina fan...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
...just walked in where I work. I asked him if he was a fan, and he said yes, but he only really cares about football and baseball. I asked him about Frank Martin and mentioned that I was a K-State fan. He told me that no one in Columbia really follows and/or cares about SC basketball. His family goes to some home games (tickets are a dime a dozen apparently), and that the fanbase really doesn't care for Frank or his antics. Basketball is so non-existent and has been so awful there (other than the NIT appearances in '05/'06) that he thinks that Frank will be gone (let go/leave) as soon as a more desirable job opens.

On a side note, he said he'd love to see a football game between the Spurrier's Gamecocks and Snyder's Cats. He loved Klein and that "little number 16". Nice guy. Idk, thought I'd share... :dunno:
That is some pretty HFBIQ from non Big 12 fan.  As a Frankite, I predict Frank will win over the FB only fans with success, just has he did here.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »
I think Frank wanted a job that the AD doesn't give a crap about.  :dunno:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »

That is some pretty HFBIQ from non Big 12 fan.  As a Frankite, I predict Frank will win over the FB only fans with success, just has he did here.

I don't think they'll give him enough time.  I don't think the AD there now is the one that hired him.

When you have a school that doesn't care about basketball, it's hard to say what they'll do.  If you're a SLTH, odds are they'll keep you around if the people like you.  If you're a lightning rod, and you're not winning, they'll probably cut ties.

I think Frank will make them better, but whether or not he can turn that ship around in time is the real question, IMO.  They're 4-13 in a 14 team SEC that may only get two NCAA tournament bids.  I mean, Jesus Christ, that's awful.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

I don't think they'll give him enough time.  I don't think the AD there now is the one that hired him.

When you have a school that doesn't care about basketball, it's hard to say what they'll do.  If you're a SLTH, odds are they'll keep you around if the people like you.  If you're a lightning rod, and you're not winning, they'll probably cut ties.

I think Frank will make them better, but whether or not he can turn that ship around in time is the real question, IMO.  They're 4-13 in a 14 team SEC that may only get two NCAA tournament bids.  I mean, Jesus Christ, that's awful.
Losing his 2 best big men to transfers was pretty crippling - I think he is mid pack in that garbage league if they stay. 

If the Thornwell kid can score, I bet he gets them to .500 in the league next year (it will still be a garbage league)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
Yeah, wonder what it feels like to trade in a Porsche for a Pinto straight across.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
Yeah, wonder what it feels like to trade in a Porsche for a Pinto straight across.
and then have somebody steal the rear wheels off that Pinto

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
and then have somebody steal the rear wheels off that Pinto

We would feel that way if everyone transferred and we still got oscar.