Poll

Will the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? (if you are wrong, pretend you get murdered)

YES
78 (53.8%)
NO
67 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Can the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? I say no rough ridin' chance (Now a POLL!)  (Read 39109 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
The foul called on Chris Babb against Travis Releford was just as bad as the rest of the calls. It also not just one call that made this so bad. The combination of all 4 easy call the officials mumped up on allowed KU to maintain momentum.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
if anything I found a few more errors and missed calls that went ISU's way

of course you did

Yeah, I stopped reading after that.

fair enough but i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.  I still don't understand how that one call completely discredits the game looking back at it.  It was a charge IMO even if Niang moved his right foot after johnson jumped.  Still, it didn't give KU the victory, the call on niang laying on the ground was far worse.  Still, even then it didn't give ku the win.  Johnson still had to make two free throws and even after that ISU could have made a jumper at the end of regulation AND had an equal opportunity in overtime.  The refs obviously missed a few calls on the second to last possession but they probably missed a few on the previous two possessions as well.  so where do we draw the line?   

if we are going to start questioning single calls and acting as if they decide games then you can find evidence either way in any game that is close like that in college basketball.  this just happens to be an example of poor officiating from a consistency standpoint, one of hundreds this season. 

Find me calls that are that bad in a game with under 10 seconds left.

Wichita St vs. SIU goaltending call.

most goal tends including that one are really hard to see correctly full speed but are obvious on slo-mo replays

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile

of course you did

fair enough but i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.  I still don't understand how that one call completely discredits the game looking back at it.  It was a charge IMO even if Niang moved his right foot after johnson jumped.  Still, it didn't give KU the victory, the call on niang laying on the ground was far worse.  Still, even then it didn't give ku the win.  Johnson still had to make two free throws and even after that ISU could have made a jumper at the end of regulation AND had an equal opportunity in overtime.  The refs obviously missed a few calls on the second to last possession but they probably missed a few on the previous two possessions as well.  so where do we draw the line?   

if we are going to start questioning single calls and acting as if they decide games then you can find evidence either way in any game that is close like that in college basketball.  this just happens to be an example of poor officiating from a consistency standpoint, one of hundreds this season. 

saturday same team:

KU @  OSU

Johnson's shot near the end of the game (ball had just started to come down on the replay) was a goal tend.  if the refs call it then ku wins. 

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
The foul called on Chris Babb against Travis Releford was just as bad as the rest of the calls. It also not just one call that made this so bad. The combination of all 4 easy call the officials mumped up on allowed KU to maintain momentum.

if the refs really wanted ku to win then why did they gift ISU with withey's third foul? 

you can play this game all day but it's pointless. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
No, arguing with you cheesedicks is pointless.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

of course you did

most goal tends including that one are really hard to see correctly full speed but are obvious on slo-mo replays

agreed, although you could make a similar claim about charges, although not this particular charge.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

of course you did

Denied.
It was close and controversial.  Nothing about this game was close.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Easiest way to tell when their arguments have no weight is when they come out of the woodwork like cockroaches to defend all the baseless talking points.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline FalconPunch

• Fan
    • View Profile
A damn shame.  I thought gE would be able to weather this storm better.  KU winning a basketball game versus some collection of natives in an Iowan flood plain is not worth this amount of flagellation.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
A damn shame.  I thought gE would be able to weather this storm better.  KU winning a basketball game versus some collection of natives in an Iowan flood plain is not worth this amount of flagellation.

Beems promised us a circle jerk...   Little did anybody realize it would just be him & his phoggy bros.
bears are fast...

Offline FalconPunch

• Fan
    • View Profile
The circle jerk is fulfilled.  You simply did not realize it until the soggy biscuit ended up on your plate.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Can the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? I say no rough ridin' chance (Now a POLL!)
« Reply #536 on: February 27, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »
Maric had like 59 against us according to my memory.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
I cherish the fact that KU is so elite and so sexy that the refs will do anything in their power to help us win.  Feels good, honestly.

:kstategrad: 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I cherish the fact that KU is so elite and so sexy that the refs will do anything in their power to help us win.  Feels good, honestly.

This is the best thing you could have posted. Although I'm not surprised it took you over 24 hours to come up with it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Can the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? I say no rough ridin' chance (Now a POLL!)
« Reply #539 on: February 27, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »

This is the best thing you could have posted. Although I'm not surprised it took you over 24 hours to come up with it.

Exactly. I love the rare times that another school thinks we big-timed them. Embrace that crap.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
I think I'm just delirious, but I'm pretty sure I just saw someone compare a big man's 3rd foul to a foul that gives a team 2 free throws with under 5 seconds left.

Mods, if I'm just seeing crap again, delete this post. TIA.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
phogtuckville has a significant number of meltdowns over how "lucky" K-State is in football, followed by a regular string of mini-meltdowns at various points during the basketball season.   The last one I noticed was during the last KSU vs WVU game, several of the usual suspects went on for four or five pages about all the hacking K-State was supposedly doing and how WVU was getting jobbed by the refs.   

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who's sock is this on phog?
It's time to move on to the new reality
LarryvilleHysteria
n00b
Rating: 2.1/5 this site
4 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 12:46 AM
It's time to move on to the new reality  (20 votes)
Kansas is in the Big 12 and clearly the Big 12 wants a fair basketball conference. A new day of fair play begins in the Big 12. Every official across this Nation knows that to favor Kansas is to commit professional suicide. Going forward Kansas can make a difference for the Big 12 by embracing fair play. It is up to KU to decide how they act going forward. Kansas will never be invited to play in either the Pac 12 or Big 10 because they lack population, academic success and football tradition. Now your basketball integrity has been called in to question by the very conference you are a member of. Indiana and UCLA do not need you nor do they want to be associated with a team that has clearly been singled out as having been given unearned advantages.

"Heed the Phog and repent of your sins"
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think I'm just delirious, but I'm pretty sure I just saw someone compare a big man's 3rd foul to a foul that gives a team 2 free throws with under 5 seconds left.

Mods, if I'm just seeing crap again, delete this post. TIA.

Yes, I can confirm this. I couldn't believe it either.

It's not just stupid - it's double stupid. Stupid enough to compare a call mid-way through the game to a call/no-call on the final play that the refs knew would impact the game. But even stupider to complain about a foul that was completely irrelevant, since said big-man continued to play after receiving his 5th.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
I think it's dumb that people think the Big 12 rigs these games for KU.  If conferences wore shoes the Big 12's would be on the wrong feet and tied together.  This conference isn't capable of anything as complicated as rigging a basketball game, let alone 8 seasons worth of basketball games.  More likely it's the same Mafia crime ring that rigs all the other games in this country.  FWIW
emaw

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I think it's dumb that people think the Big 12 rigs these games for KU.  If conferences wore shoes the Big 12's would be on the wrong feet and tied together.  This conference isn't capable of anything as complicated as rigging a basketball game, let alone 8 seasons worth of basketball games.  More likely it's the same Mafia crime ring that rigs all the other games in this country.  FWIW

I don't think its the confernece at all.  I think it is just a large amount of incompetence by the refs, who have some bias for a well known program.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
C'mon little bro -- act like you've been there before.  Trying to defend the calls is a loser's game.

The correct response should be:

"Of course we got the calls and the win -- we're the king -- and we just declared prima nocta on this new 10 team conference."

followed by a 'Deal with it' gif

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
C'mon little bro -- act like you've been there before.  Trying to defend the calls is a loser's game.

The correct response should be:

"Of course we got the calls and the win -- we're the king -- and we just declared prima nocta on this new 10 team conference."

followed by a 'Deal with it' gif

i don't see why this is so difficult for them. my personal ku friends admit it openly.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

This post should be honored for its honesty.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This post should be honored for its honesty.

Yep, its the best comment I've read regarding the game from any KU fan.