Poll

Will the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? (if you are wrong, pretend you get murdered)

YES
78 (53.8%)
NO
67 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Can the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? I say no rough ridin' chance (Now a POLL!)  (Read 39105 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is why you can't discuss officiating with ku people, they way over play foul counts and fouls/missed calls during non critical portions of games, particuarly bigger games.   

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Not sure why we even play the games?

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
i just rewatched the last 10 minutes or so.  if anything I found a few more errors and missed calls that went ISU's way especially if you include no-calls on moving screens for ISU while KU got called for 2 earlier in the game that were far less obvious (inconsistent).  that no call on the charge was bad but there were two other missed calls that led to ISU 3's after the 3 minute mark that got ISU back into the game in the first place and one very questionable traveling violation.  Plus, those bad calls might have actually saved ISU.  Tharpe would have had a wide open 3 to win the game if they didn't call that foul on niang after the missed charge and kevin young was playing far better than withey at that point so it's hard to say who got the better deal there. 

those refs should be reprimanded for poor performance but it was overall at neither teams benefit more than the other.

lol

laugh all you want but even an ISU fan if they were actually confronted with all the questionable calls down the stretch would have to admit they got plenty to go their way.  they just blew the game both in the last minute and throughout the OT.  sure KU got away with a charge but that is only one call out of many and there was plenty of time left on the clock to foul and get the ball back for KU if it was called.  There is no telling what could have happened at this point.     

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i just rewatched the last 10 minutes or so.  if anything I found a few more errors and missed calls that went ISU's way especially if you include no-calls on moving screens for ISU while KU got called for 2 earlier in the game that were far less obvious (inconsistent).  that no call on the charge was bad but there were two other missed calls that led to ISU 3's after the 3 minute mark that got ISU back into the game in the first place and one very questionable traveling violation.  Plus, those bad calls might have actually saved ISU.  Tharpe would have had a wide open 3 to win the game if they didn't call that foul on niang after the missed charge and kevin young was playing far better than withey at that point so it's hard to say who got the better deal there. 

those refs should be reprimanded for poor performance but it was overall at neither teams benefit more than the other.

OMG :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

A+ post
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I love the Withey phantom traveling call talking point.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There is no telling what could have happened at this point.   
I guess it's just too bad we don't get to find out, huh?

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
I love the Withey phantom traveling call talking point.
:flush:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
In other threads ppl have brought up rule changes.   First change should be a call review by coach like in football.   

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cork_sniffer? More like glue_sniffer

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile

that hurts my e-feelings.   :bawl:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

butt_sniffer IMO.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
if anything I found a few more errors and missed calls that went ISU's way

of course you did

Yeah, I stopped reading after that.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile

of course you did

fair enough but i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.  I still don't understand how that one call completely discredits the game looking back at it.  It was a charge IMO even if Niang moved his right foot after johnson jumped.  Still, it didn't give KU the victory, the call on niang laying on the ground was far worse.  Still, even then it didn't give ku the win.  Johnson still had to make two free throws and even after that ISU could have made a jumper at the end of regulation AND had an equal opportunity in overtime.  The refs obviously missed a few calls on the second to last possession but they probably missed a few on the previous two possessions as well.  so where do we draw the line?   

if we are going to start questioning single calls and acting as if they decide games then you can find evidence either way in any game that is close like that in college basketball.  this just happens to be an example of poor officiating from a consistency standpoint, one of hundreds this season. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Johnson still had to make two free throws and even after that ISU could have made a jumper at the end of regulation AND had an equal opportunity in overtime.

:facepalm:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
blinders fully on.

I still remember the look on Turgeon's face at aTm when KU got multiple bailout calls @College Station.  You could almost see the realization on his face of how many calls KU actually gets.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

of course you did

fair enough but i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.  I still don't understand how that one call completely discredits the game looking back at it.  It was a charge IMO even if Niang moved his right foot after johnson jumped.  Still, it didn't give KU the victory, the call on niang laying on the ground was far worse.  Still, even then it didn't give ku the win.  Johnson still had to make two free throws and even after that ISU could have made a jumper at the end of regulation AND had an equal opportunity in overtime.  The refs obviously missed a few calls on the second to last possession but they probably missed a few on the previous two possessions as well.  so where do we draw the line?   

if we are going to start questioning single calls and acting as if they decide games then you can find evidence either way in any game that is close like that in college basketball.  this just happens to be an example of poor officiating from a consistency standpoint, one of hundreds this season. 

Honest question, what % of non-KU fans do you think would agree with this post? You can even exclude ISU fans and K-State fans if you think that makes it more fair.

Also, you forgot the fact that Withey got a 6th foul. ISU's gameplan would have been much different at the end if there was no Withey.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

of course you did

Find me calls that are that bad in a game with under 10 seconds left.  The only one I know of is probably Michigan St/Indiana when a terrible foul was called on a 3 with 3 seconds left and the guy missed his first FT.  KU had two calls just as bad or worse in the last 10 seconds.  Withey playing with 5 fouls was maybe the worst out of all of them.

Anybody saying it discredits the game is an idiot too.  The game is what it is and thats a KU win.  Fair or not, nothing from here on out is going to take away that win.  Have to win out for a share of the title and K-Staters just need to come to terms with that.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Jack Harry just said EJ was first big12 player to ever score 39 in a game. This isn't right, right.  Didn't Denis and Beas both cross 40?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did he mean the exact number 39? Because then it may be true. Also hilarious that his last dunk put him ahead of Pullen.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Guys you're trying to convince idiots with logic, which also makes you idiots.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Jack Harry just said EJ was first big12 player to ever score 39 in a game. This isn't right, right.  Didn't Denis and Beas both cross 40?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Denis had 44 against Texas.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

of course you did

Find me calls that are that bad in a game with under 10 seconds left.

Wichita St vs. SIU goaltending call.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile

of course you did

Honest question, what % of non-KU fans do you think would agree with this post? You can even exclude ISU fans and K-State fans if you think that makes it more fair.

Also, you forgot the fact that Withey got a 6th foul. ISU's gameplan would have been much different at the end if there was no Withey.

nc state fans think duke and unc get 'all the calls', SEC fans think kentucky gets them too.  It's more about fan perception than reality.  If the situation was reversed do you think it would be a big deal outside of KU fans?  I would say that nobody would care all that much.  It's just that KU is the best program in the conference so people get all butthurt over things like this.  KU got a gift with that no call for sure but that is just how things go.  Sometimes KU gets screwed too (like last year at missouri).