Author Topic: Recap of oscar (Stud) on Rome (Idiot)  (Read 5652 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Recap of oscar (Stud) on Rome (Idiot)
« on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »
Had to summarize some things but I kept up as much as possible...

- Fighting through some snow here in KS....big game this weekend at Texas

- Rome mentioned the year KState is having....when you took the job 10 months ago is this where you thought you would be? 

- Weber "Thought it could happen but wasn't sure....had to make sure everyone stayed that was already here and then get them to buy in.  Big win versus Florida in KC and it was the first time the guys felt really good and buying in to the things the coaches had been preaching"

- Asked about the mood when he got there... "Some guys mad Frank left...some wanted to leave...alot of frustration from the players.  Frank did a great job here...Huggins got everything started up 7-8 years ago.  oscar watched Keady do it at Purdue....he did it at Southern Ill, Illinois, and now Kstate and that is why he thinks John Currie was so interested.  Got Rodney on the phone...talked to the seniors and rest of the team and things worked out well.  Spending time in Rio was great for this team and us getting to know the players."

- oscar said there wasn't alot of jobs out there after leaving Illinois and K-State popped up and it all kind of worked out.  There is a bit of "I wanna show these people I can do this" (taking K-State job and being successful)

- Asked about Illinois firing... "New AD...new President...several other coaches were already let go...football...womans basketball...etc...it leaves a little bit of a hole in your heart because you put alot of energy and passion into the program.  Got to get reenergized and get back at it.

- Really glad to be at KState...great fans...great support and great players

- Rome asked if you change everything when you come in...Weber says you have to be careful...can't change EVERYTHING but you got to be careful picking and choosing what battles you pick to take on.  Frank did a great job coaching defense....we wanted to take that and tweak a few things....more help side defense etc....don't want to change everything and lose guys

- Rome asked about some people not liking recruiting but hes unique because he is very hands on about recruiting....Weber said he loves being hands on....was in California last week...taking the redeye to make practice...needs to go alot of places...every week when we have a day off I got to go somewhere and recruit....coaches do a great job

- On the Big 12 conference....Rome says KState has not won since 1977...have you talked about it to your players?  Weber says....we talk about winning championships...don't take a second seat to anyone...we are making progress and we have players believing...had Coach Snyder in last week and we took alot from him....got to go 1-0 because you can't win them all at once....

- Give them the goal for the banner but have to keep it simple and focused at the task on hand.  Big game Saturday and need to focus on big task on hand

- Rome...is Snyder the type of guy that you walk down the hall and talk to?  Weber...yes...I have tried several times and spoke with him several times.  He wins with walk-ons...transfers...lightly recruited players...the guy is a genius and magical at what he has done.....he will have a game late Saturday night and he will see him at church first thing the next morning

- Weber said when he took the job Roy Williams called him and congratulated him and said its a challenge....he hated going to KC to the airport from Lawrence let alone Manhattan.  Weber said he was shocked when he told him Manhattan has flights coming from Dallas and Chicago everyday which has been huge.

- Rome finished off with saying it is really impressive what Weber has done....to come in after being fired...possibly questioning yourself and coming in energized and putting KState in a position to possibly win the Big 12...first conf championship since 1977

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recap of oscar (Stud) on Rome (Idiot)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
Williams: what a dumbass re: :AA:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
What if oscar becomes our Coach K???!?!?!?!?!?    :excited:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »
thanks for the deets.

Its a good thing we have MHK, good thing we have people who value transportation in this town.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:57:50 PM by ednksu »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
great summary matt85.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:28:08 PM »

This.  Screw you, Roy.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »

This.  Screw you, Roy.

I'd love to draw NC in the tornament, then drill Roy by about 30. Aw Shucks fake bastard.
"He's in Shape !"

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »
not that he really needed to do it, but Roy had no problems advising local players that weren't good enough for KU to somewhere other than KSU - no tsc at all
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:50:44 PM by Skipper44 »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:25:45 PM »
thanks for the deets.

Its a good thing we have MHK, good thing FSD doesn't run crap around here.

. . . the eff?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
thanks for the deets.

. . . the eff?
He likes hit and run on posters in random threads, then cry when it happens to him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
thanks for the deets.

. . . the eff?
He likes hit and run on posters in random threads, then cry when it happens to him.
Yeah that was unfair and pretty hypocritical of me.  Next time I'll cross post to the birther pit and let him know. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
- oscar said there wasn't alot of jobs out there after leaving Illinois and K-State popped up and it all kind of worked out.  There is a bit of "I wanna show these people I can do this" (taking K-State job and being successful)

This was refreshing, fwiw.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:01:33 PM by Wackycat08 (the poster formerly known as fanningksu) »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
Great job, sd.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
Is it weird that I kind of like Roy Williams?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
Is it weird that I kind of like Roy Williams?

I like him. so no.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 07:08:47 PM »
I'm starting to buy in, despite being awkward, having an annoying voice and yellow teeth he may have EMAW?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
Well, as long as he is winning he isn't going anywhere. Everyone might as well buy in until crap goes downhill
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
If oscar wins the conference, I'm going to talk nonstop about how much better than Frank he is and attribute the difference to help defense.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »
If oscar wins the conference, I'm going to talk nonstop about how much better than Frank he is and attribute the difference to help defense.

me too, I've aleady started (not the stupid basketball reasons tough)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »
I love the offensive rythem. I remember wanting to pluck my eyes out during last years Florida game. He's gotta find a way to get "his players" in here (whatever that means) and I might oversee his Steve Urkel like features.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
Pretty much everyone expected oscar to win, but its how we are winning, especially on offense, that is the surprise.

Just imagine someone posting this last summer.

Okay guys, remember last year with Frank we shot .336 from 3? That was 7th in the Big 12. And 8 of 16 conference games we didn't even hit .300? The good thing was only 30% of our shot attempts were 3s and we did the JYC stuff like oboard and get to the FT line, even though we turned it over on 22% of our possessions.

Well guess what, that's all going to change this year with oscar's offense. Here's what's going to happen; Oboarding and FT rate are going to go way down. Way down. But we're going to be one of the best teams in the league at NOT turning it over. From 22% to 17%. Plus we're going to have a ridiculous assist rate, nearly 2/3 of our shots instead of 58%.

But it gets better; we also are going to lead the league in 3 point shooting percentage. Oh, and we're going to shoot more 3s, a lot more 3s. In fact, now 36% of our shots will be 3s. Yeah, I'd expect us to hit over 39% of our 3s. In fact, we won't have one game where we hit less than 30% from 3.

Not only that, remember Shane's 3PT shooting? Well I'll tell you, he made 4 threes in 23 attempts his first 2 seasons. He's going to hit 45% in Big 12 games. Tay? Yeah, he'll be better; 48%, but he did hit 44% last year. Oh, Sprads and his awful Big 12 play last year? Well, he'll fix that and get back up to 40%. Rodney will actually get a little worse, but still hit 41%. The only guy that will be below 40% will be Angel, he'll be around 30%.

Yep, oscar's motion with a handful of 3PT shooting wizards who rarely turn the ball over; that's what we'll become.

That's Bruceketball.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 08:21:07 PM »

You will have an army of gE'rs telling you its fools gold. Stay strong.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Recap of oscar (Stud) on Rome (Idiot)
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
Pretty much everyone expected oscar to win, but its how we are winning, especially on offense, that is the surprise.

Okay guys, remember last year with Frank we shot .336 from 3? That was 7th in the Big 12. And 8 of 16 conference games we didn't even hit .300? The good thing was only 30% of our shot attempts were 3s and we did the JYC stuff like oboard and get to the FT line, even though we turned it over on 22% of our possessions.

Well guess what, that's all going to change this year with oscar's offense. Here's what's going to happen; Oboarding and FT rate are going to go way down. Way down. But we're going to be one of the best teams in the league at NOT turning it over. From 22% to 17%. Plus we're going to have a ridiculous assist rate, nearly 2/3 of our shots instead of 58%.

But it gets better; we also are going to lead the league in 3 point shooting percentage. Oh, and we're going to shoot more 3s, a lot more 3s. In fact, now 36% of our shots will be 3s. Yeah, I'd expect us to hit over 39% of our 3s. In fact, we won't have one game where we hit less than 30% from 3.

Not only that, remember Shane's 3PT shooting? Well I'll tell you, he made 4 threes in 23 attempts his first 2 seasons. He's going to hit 45% in Big 12 games. Tay? Yeah, he'll be better; 48%, but he did hit 44% last year. Oh, Sprads and his awful Big 12 play last year? Well, he'll fix that and get back up to 40%. Rodney will actually get a little worse, but still hit 41%. The only guy that will be below 40% will be Angel, he'll be around 30%.

Yep, oscar's motion with a handful of 3PT shooting wizards who rarely turn the ball over; that's what we'll become.

That's Bruceketball.

Now I have goosebumps but back then I would have had eye rolling and chortling.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »

That's Bruceketball.

It's pretty incredible really.  Nobody could've predicted.  It sounds like Rusty wet dream.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
he does the two strategic things (the only two, i think) that provide an advantage in college bball.  shoot as many 3s as possible and play small.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."