Author Topic: Name Change?  (Read 30046 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Name Change?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »
I like the name, personally. A few other suggestions:

stevedave -> House Dog

slobber -> Lap Dog

Am I remembering correctly that slobber is known for sucking up to sd? Or is that someone else?
Oh, I'm known for a lot of things, but you can bet your sweet ass that sucking up to sd is at the top of the list!

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »
I will unfortunately just keep creating socks if I do not have control over that aspect. Too much negative connotation with that brand.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
Shut up yard dog
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »
Everyone can pick a yard dog post out of the crowd, a name change won't make any difference
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
Everyone can pick a yard dog post out of the crowd, a name change won't make any difference

Thank you. Then there is no reason to have my name be "Yard Dog". I will put whatever mandatory thing in my little subheader you all want (within reason). But I am proud of where I moved to and would like to be DC Cat.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
 :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
I'm proud of where I moved as well. Please change my name to ChiCat and change ChiCat's name to Western CO Cat. TIA.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 09:28:21 AM »
And for the love of god please fix michigancat

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
I'm proud of where I moved as well. Please change my name to ChiCat and change ChiCat's name to Western CO Cat. TIA.

If someone already claimed it that is a different circumstance. Tough luck. The K-State community is awesome here in the DMV. I'm surprised that there aren't any GoEmawers among the crews that gather to drunkinly cheer on the cats. We have a sweet setup with a local bar on game days. But since DC Cat wasn't taken here we are. I got off of GE to concentrate on my job search and couldn't wait to find a job and settle in. Even planning from my pud MHK job that when I moved I'd come back as DC Cat. Sad days that I am relegated to the yard.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 09:38:09 AM »
Did you know that TTHoTUC used to be BeanTownCat?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »

yeah, im from boston but now i live in KC (kansas not gross missouri)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »

And what would your reaction be if they changed your name to BeanTownCat permanently because they felt like it?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
If you think Yard Dog has negative connotations, you should try being Batt BcKee.  People assume I'm a real bad person who would eff their sister.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 09:48:26 AM »

And what would your reaction be if they changed your name to BeanTownCat permanently because they felt like it?
He was also called BeanTownKat briefly against his will because of all of his similarities to the BTK Killer

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »
Is TTHoTUC his choice? Or was it a name forced on him? I just feel like I am getting Beth Mendenhalled here. mumped with to cause drama and help get readers. And I am not for that. I like milk too much.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 09:53:04 AM »
lol

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »
Is TTHoTUC his choice? Or was it a name forced on him? I just feel like I am getting Beth Mendenhalled here. mumped with to cause drama and help get readers. And I am not for that. I like milk too much.
You think he choose The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »

that was the name i chose when i originally started this blog you rough ridin' cry baby. i wouldnt give a crap... ive posted under 15 different names. i was the original name change guy.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:04:10 AM by The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

no youre getting PI'd because your posts suck. you think anyone around here cares about readers?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 10:06:39 AM »

no youre getting PI'd because your posts suck. you think anyone around here cares about readers?

Tried to google PI with very little luck. http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PI

This whole thing confuses me. "your posts suck"? - Why does that matter? I like to read and talk about the cats. I like to interact with cat fans. Do my posts ruin your day?

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
When you cry like a child about not being DC Cat, yes

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
When you cry like a child about not being DC Cat, yes

Meh. A lot of "popular posters" act like children. Like the ones who get butthurt about my posts.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2014, 10:18:58 AM »

Tried to google PI with very little luck. http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PI

This whole thing confuses me. "your posts suck"? - Why does that matter? I like to read and talk about the cats. I like to interact with cat fans. Do my posts ruin your day?

well, half your posts are about moving to DC and crap, so i dont think you like to talk about the cats nearly as much as you like to talk about yourself.

talk about the cats. read 20x more than you post. if you have a question about what something means, use the search function to find where someone else has asked the same question (theres also a thread that defines some stuff somewhere- find it). search for a topic before you start a thread on it. post stuff in the right board. and for fucks sake stop complaining about your god damn name and get better.

youre welcome to stay, but stop bitching. do you think your name would have gotten changed to yard dog if you hadnt said you didnt want to be yard dog? this isnt that complicated.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
Besides my thread about moving and looking for a job I probably talk about moving to DC like 1% of my posts.

I definitely read more than I post. I generally will add a comment on a post so that I can easily get back to the boards I care about through the replies section.

I'll admit I have never used the search function. But I've only ever started a handful of posts. . that isn't my bag.

I am complaining because it is fun to see people melt down. I'm glad you love GE and are so incredibly passionate about it. I love it in here too. It is an addiction that I am chill with.

If I keep bitching in this one thread will I be kicked off GE?  Nasty precedent honestly. 

I'll do whatever you feel like is the right/honorable/expected thing. I lived in a frat for 6 years at KSU. . .this all feels eerily similar. But there are worse "pledge names" than Yard Dog. So do what you've gotta do.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
Some friendly advice re: your Gamma Epsilon experience:  You should probably own the Yard Dog thing, because you're probably stuck with it for a while.  I started out as Will's Wonderful Skin and I got stuck with this. Maybe we can eventually transition to Yard Catdog or something. If Wacky (love you) can make it here, so can you.