Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 164400 times)

The Big Train

Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #1350 on: March 01, 2015, 08:19:35 PM »
AST is gonna be rough ridin' pissed

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 01, 2015, 08:26:40 PM »
Something's not right but it seems so good. Maybe we are just as jaded as Rick

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 01, 2015, 08:30:15 PM »
It's hard to imagine that they will do the old 'safe town that is secretly evil' storyline again.

The Big Train

« Reply #1353 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »
I'm thinking they may not be ready for nice things again and end up leaving on their own.  Either that or looks good from the outside and it's mumped up inside again

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 01, 2015, 08:39:51 PM »
Carl already brought up the 'I don't want us to get weak' talking point. They aren't mentally able to be normal anymore

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 01, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »
Yeah same storyline again seems shitty. Maybe we get the long developing version of a town instead of the hit it n quit it of terminus. Would be interesting to see them
Try to acclimate and adapy

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 01, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »
The chick that ran off in the woods...she grabbed "The wolves" comic book from carl. My guess is she is a plant by the same "Wolves" group that ransacked noah's home.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 01, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »
Yeah same storyline again seems shitty. Maybe we get the long developing version of a town instead of the hit it n quit it of terminus. Would be interesting to see them

Or Carl is gonna get some. Also, thank god for clean shaven Rick. That beard was so gross. Now Darrell needs to cut his hair.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 02, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »

Or Carl is gonna get some. Also, thank god for clean shaven Rick. That beard was so gross. Now Darrell needs to cut his hair.

#nope 
@mikec2w

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »
Interesting development.  I think what Rick hinted at near the end of the episode is where the show is going to go.  I think Rick's group will end up taking over the town, and possibly making those who do not fit in leave the community.  They may also include those currently in Rick's group that do not want to adapt to the new lifestyle (Daryl). 

I skim through Talking Dead after Walking Dead, and they discussed how the Alexandria community was made up of only 7 houses, and the show built 7 new ones in the neighborhood (the ones they use).  Seems like this would be a good spot to settle down for a while right? 

I also love how Carol jumped into the roll of non-violent, community mother as soon as they walked through the gates.  Everyone not associated with their group will think this has always been Carol and that she doesn't have a dark, bad-ass side to her. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 02, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »
They released the synopsis for the hour and a half season finale:

Daryl finds himself in trouble while out on the run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders as danger lurks near the gates.

I think Daryl is going to struggle the most with the idea of living in suburbia and that whomever the wolves are will attack the community. Still interested to see what the whole Morgan following the group storyline means.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 02, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »
I'm guessing Daryl's going to leave at some point in the next episode or two, but returns by the end of the season.

ETA:  Welp, guess Yard Dog's post solidifies my guess.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 02, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »
The struggle is how rick and crew perceives the others as weak and unable.  A good preview is the douche son getting punked by Glenn.  Take that times infinity and along with the struggle of rick to go ahead and take over vs wait and see but possibly putting everyone at risk in doing so, is probably the main theme going forward until the wolves come fully into play.  I don't think he takes over because doing so would basically end the show, unless he takes over and makes a huge mistake that loses everything for everyone and they take off again. 

As for the wolves, I also think the girl is a plant for the wolves and will have some dumbass struggle about letting them in vs liking Carl.  That has to be the reason she secretly leaves and comes back.  Earlier in the show, it is mentioned that anyone can check out their weapon and go out the gate when they want to, but that they have to check it back in when back inside.  If the girl can leave whenevs she wants, why else would she be climbing the fence to get out unless she doesn't want anyone knowing.  The Wolves will def be the reason something happens to either push rick over the take control edge or Rick's mistake that blows crap apart, imo. 

Also, Carol is totally going to be heavily involved in taking the place over, if that is what happens. 

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 02, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
The cute girl that cut Rick's hair had an owl tattoo on her arm, and then later Rick knocked over an owl sculpture she was building in her driveway.  Is there some sort of significance to owls we should be made aware of?

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 02, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
The struggle is how rick and crew perceives the others as weak and unable.  A good preview is the douche son getting punked by Glenn.  Take that times infinity and along with the struggle of rick to go ahead and take over vs wait and see but possibly putting everyone at risk in doing so, is probably the main theme going forward until the wolves come fully into play.  I don't think he takes over because doing so would basically end the show, unless he takes over and makes a huge mistake that loses everything for everyone and they take off again. 

As for the wolves, I also think the girl is a plant for the wolves and will have some dumbass struggle about letting them in vs liking Carl.  That has to be the reason she secretly leaves and comes back.  Earlier in the show, it is mentioned that anyone can check out their weapon and go out the gate when they want to, but that they have to check it back in when back inside.  If the girl can leave whenevs she wants, why else would she be climbing the fence to get out unless she doesn't want anyone knowing.  The Wolves will def be the reason something happens to either push rick over the take control edge or Rick's mistake that blows crap apart, imo. 

Also, Carol is totally going to be heavily involved in taking the place over, if that is what happens.

Wouldn't shock me if the girl was part of the group of 3 survivors who the congresswoman had to banish.  She'd be sneaking out to take them supplies.  And since they've been on the outside, they could've seen Rick hide the gun in the blender.

One thing to watch -- Alexandria is well stocked now, but they've been increasing their search range to 53 miles to get supplies.  That doesn't seem sustainable.

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 02, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »
Although the show has tried not to mimic the comic book verbatim, there are some things that will happen just to keep the story consistent.  With what I read on-line the Alexandria Safe Zone is the longest resident for the group, so like with Herschel's farm and the prison, they may be there for a season or two. 

Also along the comic lines, Rick does take charge of the Alexandria Safe Zone  He was asked in the comics, but it sounds more intriguing if it is due to a hostile takeover.  But my money is on the group takes a reprieve from fighting walkers and allow some storylines to develop, which is what the producer said at the beginning of the season. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »

Wouldn't shock me if the girl was part of the group of 3 survivors who the congresswoman had to banish.  She'd be sneaking out to take them supplies.  And since they've been on the outside, they could've seen Rick hide the gun in the blender.

One thing to watch -- Alexandria is well stocked now, but they've been increasing their search range to 53 miles to get supplies.  That doesn't seem sustainable.

Yeah.  Wouldn't be surprised if those three were The Wolves. Also, good call the gun.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
They released the synopsis for the hour and a half season finale:

Daryl finds himself in trouble while out on the run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders as danger lurks near the gates.

I think Daryl is going to struggle the most with the idea of living in suburbia and that whomever the wolves are will attack the community. Still interested to see what the whole Morgan following the group storyline means.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 07, 2015, 09:51:03 AM »
I don't like that the wall is braced from the outside. Wtf.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
Also come on with these comic book nerd and episode synopsis reader potential spoiler attempts

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 08, 2015, 08:48:29 PM »
Holy crap, carol is a bad bitch

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 08, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »

Holy crap, carol is a bad bitch
Freaking great speech

The Big Train

« Reply #1372 on: March 08, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »
I just came here to post the same thing, damn that was awesome

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 08, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »
That horse thing was really sucky

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 08, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »
#carolscookies has some pretty great cookie related tweets