Author Topic: Jackie Shipp  (Read 1821 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Jackie Shipp
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
Jackie Shipp just got fired from OU, I would slaughter some innocent animals to hire him for recruiting/any coaching spot he wanted at KSU...

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Jackie Shipp
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
Manbearpig does a great job in the football recruiting thread, go check it out.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
Would take but won't happen.

catzacker

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
I think we’d see a unicorn added to our staff before Shipp.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
Jackie Shipp just got fired from OU, I would slaughter some innocent animals to hire him for recruiting/any coaching spot he wanted at KSU...

Why was he fired?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »

Why was he fired?

Everyday I hear the words "stale" and "OU Football" about 10 times in the 50 minutes I'm driving to and from work.  There are 3 players from the early 2000s who go on the radio in OKC alot and have connections in the program.  According to them the entire program has just plateaued out.  Some specifics include having recruiting contacts that were awesome 5-10 years ago, but those same contacts are not so great anymore and they haven't cultivated any more.  Bob finally needed to change things, so he fired 3 guys he didn't think were bringing in the talent they needed nor still had the ability to motivate the players like they needed to be.

Remember when Bob said 2 years ago after their bowl game they were going to cut the dead weight and team cancers dragging the program down.  At the same time he supposedly told the coaches that from then on out they were responsible for making sure no more of these cancers developed within their groups or they'd be next.  Shipp, Kittle, and Patton were next.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:47:31 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

Why was he fired?

Everyday I hear the words "stale" and "OU Football" about 10 times in the 50 minutes I'm driving to and from work.  There are 3 players from the early 2000s who go on the radio in OKC alot and have connections in the program.  According to them the entire program has just plateaued out.  Some specifics include having recruiting contacts that were awesome 5-10 years ago, but those same contacts are not so great anymore and they haven't cultivated any more.  Bob finally needed to change things, so he fired 3 guys he didn't think were bringing in the talent they needed nor still had the ability to motivate the players like they needed to be.

Remember when Bob said 2 years ago after their bowl game they were going to cut the dead weight and team cancers dragging the program down.  At the same time he supposedly told the coaches that from then on out they were responsible for making sure no more of these cancers developed within their groups or they'd be next.  Shipp, Kittle, and Patton were next.

He probably just needs some new scenery and a fresh start and he would be back to his old ways of kicking ass.  Bring him in  :bill: