Author Topic: Opponent for Scott Brown in next election?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Opponent for Scott Brown in next election?
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
I would LOVE to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Scott Brown email newsletter:

Friends,

It's only been a couple of months since I've been in office, and before I've even settled into my new job, the political machine in Massachusetts is looking for someone to run against me. And you're not going to believe who they are supposedly trying to recruit -- liberal MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow.

Rachel lives in western Massachusetts, and recently it was reported that the chairman of the state Democratic Party had apparently tried to reach out to her in an attempt to coax her into a race against me. You can read about it here.

The political season never ends, which is why I need your continued support. While my opponents strategize on how to defeat me in 2012, I'm going to continue to speak out against higher taxes, more spending and greater government control in our lives.

I relish being an independent voice in Washington, one that doesn't march in lockstep with the rest of the Washington crowd. The Democratic Party bosses in Massachusetts disagree. They want a rubberstamp who will vote for their plans to expand government, increase debt and raise taxes. Someone like Rachel Maddow. I'm sure she's a nice person -- I just don't think America can afford her liberal politics.

Rachel Maddow has a nightly platform to push her far-left agenda. What about you? I'd like to encourage ordinary American citizens concerned about the future of their country to get more involved in our government. I hope you were encouraged by my victory to become more politically active, maybe even become a candidate for office yourself. We can continue to push our movement forward by running for office, joining in rallies and petitions that challenge President Obama and Nancy Pelosi's healthcare legislation, supporting campaigns against the tax-and-spenders or by donating time and money to office-holders and candidates who will restore the principles of our founders.

I'm grateful you are with me. Thanks again for whatever support you can provide me, and I look forward to joining in further victories with you down the line.

Sincerely,

Scott Brown
United States Senator

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Sugar Dick

Re: Opponent for Scott Brown in next election?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:02:08 PM »
I watched her/his (hard to tell:  short hair, deep voice, ambiguous gender type clothing, but named Rachel) show once (well about 15 minutes of it). 

Was the most shallow, juvenile, idiotic pandering I'd ever seen.  I think (s)he thought (s)he was clever (based on this sly grin), but failed miserably.  I get that (s)he's supposed to be liberal, but they really need to find somebody smarter to do that.  Chris Matthews needs to sit her/him down and give her/him a spanking.  Not sure (s)he meets the age requirement either, had the on TV demeanor of an MTV VJ.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
She isn't running.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Of course.  It's just funny.

She'd have to quit her show if she did and I'm sure she doesn't want to disappoint her 57 viewers.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »
Oh. Then somebody should probably tell Scott Brown.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »
He seems like a bright enough guy that he completely understands the LOL factor of the whole thing.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
Apparently not bright enough to call and ask her personally.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
I wouldn't want to talk to her either.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:50:05 PM »
Apparently not bright enough to call and ask her personally.
She doesn't talk to republicans.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
Does he always send out newsletters without any sort of fact checking? As a senator it would seem he would be able to have access to sources that would confirm a rumor as true/false. Weird.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »
Does he always send out newsletters without any sort of fact checking? As a senator it would seem he would be able to have access to sources that would confirm a rumor as true/false. Weird.

Since I accidentally got involved in this thread. . .

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the email copied in the first post?  It's pretty clear he doesn't really think (s)he's running, but is using her/him as the "type" of person he may run against.

I'm guessing you aren't actually that stupid, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you just didn't read the email part, which is the basis for the whole thread.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
And you're not going to believe who they are supposedly trying to recruit -- liberal MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow.

reading comprehension

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »

Since I accidentally got involved in this thread. . .

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the email copied in the first post?  It's pretty clear he doesn't really think (s)he's running, but is using her/him as the "type" of person he may run against.

I'm guessing you aren't actually that stupid, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you just didn't read the email part, which is the basis for the whole thread.

If it were just a template of a person he were running against he need not mention her specific name in multiple paragraphs.

And its not at all 'pretty clear'. Politicians reveal their mind-numbing stupidity every day. What you're witnessing is Scott Brown's effort in that regard.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
I watched her/his (hard to tell:  short hair, deep voice, ambiguous gender type clothing, but named Rachel) show once (well about 15 minutes of it). 

Was the most shallow, juvenile, idiotic pandering I'd ever seen.  I think (s)he thought (s)he was clever (based on this sly grin), but failed miserably.  I get that (s)he's supposed to be liberal, but they really need to find somebody smarter to do that.  Chris Matthews needs to sit her/him down and give her/him a spanking.  Not sure (s)he meets the age requirement either, had the on TV demeanor of an MTV VJ.

lol. that dike is almost as intolerable as keith uberdouche.