Author Topic: Fixing the Octagon.  (Read 119846 times)

The Big Train

Re: Fixing the Octagon.
« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
High arching full court shots, tho
maybe someone could MS paint possible archs... :impatient:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »
Yellow path def means that thing is coming down.   :ohno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 04, 2014, 03:53:38 PM »
So mumped!

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 04, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
The inside of the whole thing is hollow so that yellow shot is almost possible
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 09, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »
so here's the format

just like Kauffman, our court takes away the long ball  :gocho:
hmmm upper ring is dark....

the one that says briggs?

please note the top ring during playing time which is dark.  I would bet  they'd have something during timeouts/stoppages/halftime.  I wonder if they will keep it dark during the game long term.  Thats a lot of Briggs logo money to miss out on.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

The Big Train

« Reply #830 on: November 09, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
holy eff you guys, it is just glorious   :horrorsurprise:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 09, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
It really is. People who got sneak peeks of it kept telling me how awesome it was and I was like "yeah, I've seen pictures, it's pretty cool" but when you see it in person it's so well done. Top banner and bottom banner were really fun during player introductions, had the player being introduced's signature being scribbled while they were saying their name. Good work to all involved.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 09, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
It really is. People who got sneak peeks of it kept telling me how awesome it was and I was like "yeah, I've seen pictures, it's pretty cool" but when you see it in person it's so well done. Top banner and bottom banner were really fun during player introductions, had the player being introduced's signature being scribbled while they were saying their name. Good work to all involved.

after they make buckets too.

The Big Train

« Reply #833 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
I also enjoyed the lights especially during the intros when they turned them out  :drool:

also several gE studs graced the face of the gigandotron

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 09, 2014, 06:15:51 PM »
Kudos to the Ath Dept for the upgrades in Bramlage.

Sound system: a huge upgrade. The volume was still turned up, but the sound maintained quality unlike before. We had actual bass for the first time ever.

New lighting: the entire arena was lit during pregame, then they dimmed the lights on the stands so that all the light was focused on the floor. Very cool effect.

Video board: very nice! Sharp picture, cool graphics, etc. Like others said, the signatures during intro and after buckets was neat. I also liked being able to more stats than just total points and fouls.

Because I'm a K-State fan, I feel compelled to point out a few negatives.
1) it's the first game and we already have technical issues with the video board? The north board was only about 75% functional.
2) the dimmed lights for intros means that the student section is in the dark when they throw the newspaper in the air.

The Big Train

« Reply #835 on: November 09, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »

Sound system: a huge upgrade. The volume was still turned up, but the sound maintained quality unlike before. We had actual bass for the first time ever.

New lighting: the entire arena was lit during pregame, then they dimmed the lights on the stands so that all the light was focused on the floor. Very cool effect.

Video board: very nice! Sharp picture, cool graphics, etc. Like others said, the signatures during intro and after buckets was neat. I also liked being able to more stats than just total points and fouls.

1) it's the first game and we already have technical issues with the video board? The north board was only about 75% functional.
2) the dimmed lights for intros means that the student section is in the dark when they throw the newspaper in the air.

what if they gave out radioactive paper or whatever and it was glowing when they threw it in the air  :surprised:

The Big Train

« Reply #836 on: November 09, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »
I also enjoyed the lights especially during the intros when they turned them out  :drool:

also several gE studs graced the face of the gigandotron
:blush:

Also, sorry for the late comment.  But a lot of LWIFIIQ in this thread a couple pages back. 

I don't even know where to start on all that nonsense.

i know, it would really be a simple process and idk why it hasnt gotten done yet, i mean its 2014

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 09, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
screen was broken all game on the north side.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 09, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
As arenas go, Bramlage may be one of the easiest to install wifi/wlan in existence.

Oh, crap, they just pulled the video board contact, "as is" . . . damn, welp. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 09, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
Why would Boingo be impacted by the Vanier project?    Based on when the bids were let, it sounds like this thing is being K-Stated up, or it took them forever to award the bid.

Offline rollingplains

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 09, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
hang beasley and pullen's jerseys. build a non-permanent platform for the band in the tarp area. put in miles and miles of ribbon board. sweet boxes on the alumni side.

the vertical part of the steps are going to stay white so that people don't trip.
[/quot

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY AN SELL OUT A GAME THATS NOT KU!! Why would you hang a jersey for a guy that rides the bench and the other who got kicked to China ?? :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:24 PM »
As requested earlier, someone pls send me the media wifi password.  Tia

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 09, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »
Why would Boingo be impacted by the Vanier project?    Based on when the bids were let, it sounds like this thing is being K-Stated up, or it took them forever to award the bid.
Because Athletics is impacted by the Vanier project.  I think a lot indecision has put the wifi/DAS project in the situation it is now.

Umm, it would seem that if you're going to have to move people around to weird places, that having a wifi/DAS project completed prior to that would be a good thing.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 09, 2014, 11:35:51 PM »

Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 10, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 15, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »
Can someone point me to the MS paint picture that has the shot trajectories. I can't find it.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 15, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »
Can someone point me to the MS paint picture that has the shot trajectories. I can't find it.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=26002.msg1250456#msg1250456

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 15, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

The Big Train

« Reply #848 on: November 15, 2014, 07:27:03 PM »

Offline bballfan

• Fan
  • I miss Denny
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 17, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »

They've changed up the formatting a little. I like it  :)