Author Topic: Will Spradling  (Read 17780 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Will Spradling
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Tay needs to find a shot more, agreed, but he has shown over the last few games he can contribute.  His defense is night and day difference to Will.  Rebounding more of the same disparity.  No reason Will didn't sit much longer in the 2nd.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
I was pleased oscar sat him a lot down the stretch. Tay was better, even if he's not making shots either.
Tay sat FAR too long in the 2nd.  Even if he was gassed, it would still be 100% better than Will. 

Both played 11 minutes in the 2nd half, which was far better than Will playing 15 and Tay 7 in the first.
Tay doesn't run of screens or look to score, I don't think he all that better then Will. Omari is the only answer. We need another scoring option.

Tay is an infinitely better option than Will at this point.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »
I was pleased oscar sat him a lot down the stretch. Tay was better, even if he's not making shots either.
Tay sat FAR too long in the 2nd.  Even if he was gassed, it would still be 100% better than Will. 

Both played 11 minutes in the 2nd half, which was far better than Will playing 15 and Tay 7 in the first.
Tay doesn't run of screens or look to score, I don't think he all that better then Will. Omari is the only answer. We need another scoring option.

Tay is an infinitely better option than Will at this point.
Foster and Thomas are going to have to start next year. Next year going to be tough but we should be really good in two. Foster is going to be a beast.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
Sprads cannot hit wide open shots.  AS he goes, we go.  It sucks but it is such a reality that I have embraced it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »
Is anyone else just stunned at home much dick Will sucked tonight?

I mean missing shots is one thing, refusing wide open 3s off set pieces for him to get 3s.....I'm just stunned at how bad he was, even for him.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Will spradling can suck a dick
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will Spradling
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »
Is anyone else just stunned at home much dick Will sucked tonight?

I mean missing shots is one thing, refusing wide open 3s off set pieces for him to get 3s.....I'm just stunned at how bad he was, even for him.
Will is what we thought he was.
:adios:

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
It depends on the game.  I am not a Will hater at all, but tonight i wanted him on the bench in the 2nd half. 

If he is missing shots, he has to sit.   Coming in to tonight, he had hit 11 of his last 34 from 3pt.  Thats still only 32% (i like to see him be a 36-38%).    But he also has a 12/2 asst/TO ratio in league play which i will take in a heartbeat

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
It depends on the game.  I am not a Will hater at all, but tonight i wanted him on the bench in the 2nd half. 

If he is missing shots, he has to sit.   Coming in to tonight, he had hit 11 of his last 34 from 3pt.  Thats still only 32% (i like to see him be a 36-38%).    But he also has a 12/2 asst/TO ratio in league play which i will take in a heartbeat

He has to make wide open perimeter shots to make the defense pull out, as a 2.  I respect his ball security but...we will never challenge any good team if he cannot hit open shots.  He is hitting the side of the backboard for crying out loud.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
Yeah, if Will isn't hitting shots, I'd rather have Tay in the game. He's a better defender and has much better assist/TO numbers.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
yeah, I know people realize this but haven't mentioned it much, but Will's awful play has such a catastrophic effect on our offense.  If he can't hit ANY SHOT than his defender can sag back and create a 1.5 or true double team against Rodney, Angel, and Shane.  I know we all know that....but damn....he just sucks the life out of the offense when he plays like he did tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47:59 PM »
he kind of reminds me of Fred Brown lately. 

give him two 3 pt attempts per game.  if he hits them, let it ride.  if he doesn't, yank him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 11:52:56 PM »
Winters, go check out the last half of the MLK thread.

Where is this thread.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:35 PM »
Spradling wishes he were Fred Brown.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »
Is oscar racist if he doesn't throw Spradler under the bus to the media? The Illini fans are always complaining about how oscar regularly throws his players under the bus. Did he throw all of his players under the bus at Illinois, or was it only the black ones?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:49 AM »

Tay was probably worse than Will.  At least Will was getting open. Tay was just wandering around not scoring

and when he wasn't bricking he was passing up open shots, they stopped guarding him

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:06 AM »
Yeah, if Will isn't hitting shots, I'd rather have Tay in the game. He's a better defender and has much better assist/TO numbers.

Before Weber pulled him Will had multiple poor defensive breakdowns leaving us in a scramble position sometimes we recovered sometimes we didn't.  It was an all around awful performance.  He's playing poorly and won't shut up, its a bad combo to say the least.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
I miss Jeremy Jones  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 01:49:48 AM »
Oh yeah can we talk about how early in the game he had a fairly open reverse layup and didn't even think about attempting it?  Pretty good insight into the mindset.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:49 AM »

Before Weber pulled him Will had multiple poor defensive breakdowns leaving us in a scramble position sometimes we recovered sometimes we didn't.  It was an all around awful performance.  He's playing poorly and won't shut up, its a bad combo to say the least.

Naadir and EJ abused Will.  In contrast, EJ was completely shook by Angel.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:26 AM »

Naadir and EJ abused Will.  In contrast, EJ was completely shook by Angel.

Honestly, watching him try to defend KU's guards was almost worse than his shooting. He did alright on Releford, but when KU isolated against Will with Johnson or Tharpe it was nearly an automatic 2 points.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »
Will has to be the most hated ksu player of all time right? i mean, who would be 2nd?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »
Oh yeah can we talk about how early in the game he had a fairly open reverse layup and didn't even think about attempting it?  Pretty good insight into the mindset.

A reverse layup is Mandarin Chinese to Spradling.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
Will has to be the most hated ksu player of all time right? i mean, who would be 2nd?
I was always frustrated by Mark Young and the 4 star jc pg Wooly had that couldn't shoot. 

On the flip side, who did tucks hate more?  Denis or Bill - I would say Denis

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 07:58:09 AM »
the 4 star jc pg Wooly had that couldn't shoot. 

Frank Richards, my least favorite K-State player of all time.

On the flip side, who did tucks hate more?  Denis or Bill - I would say Denis

Its Bill and its not even close. Denis never had the appearance of having effort issues like Bill did.