"Hey Lon, waxing your uni-brow really accentuates your butt chin.  :thumbs:"

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OU
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
What is the feeling about Lon?

To young to have seen him play or coach, but seems like him moving out was very dickish.

I was too pissed during last years game to GAF about him.

But what about telling him to go eff himself, Silver Lake bottom feeder etc?

I really don't GAF either that he says nice things about K-State now and is very complimentary etc.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
OU has some athletes. Living in Oklahoma (eff me, right?) I've watched several of their games. They're not a very good 3 point shooting team, although Pledger can catch fire (team shoots around 32%). Pledger is about 36% from behind the arc this year. Osby is obviously their best player. He loves taking it to the rim. He CAN make an outside shot, but we want to make him take outside shots. There guards make a lot of mistakes. 2 players to watch are M'Baye and Clark. If they are hot, we're in trouble. Some games they show up, other games they don't.

Overall, they play really good defense, and they're pretty athletic. They barely out-rebound their opponents. I think if we win the game we have to a) force turnovers and b) play good interior defense (along with obviously hitting shots). Henriquez/Gipson/Diaz/Nino will have to play solid post D.

Just my opinion...

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »
Well, obviously Lon has lost his unibrow, so I'm out of head coach smack ammo.

Silver Lake makes Coffeyville look like Meade!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »
Well, obviously Lon has lost his unibrow, so I'm out of head coach smack ammo.

Silver Lake makes Coffeyville look like Meade!
Meade and Coffeyville were both hideouts for the Dalton Gang.  Are you saying Meade>Coffeyville>Silver Lake?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »

To young to have seen him play or coach, but seems like him moving out was very dickish.

I really don't GAF either that he says nice things about K-State now and is very complimentary etc.

The story i'd always heard to explain Lonny's exodus into the desert was that his wife was informed that he had left a present in the belly of one of the k-state cheerleaders, and his options where to skip town or get a divorce.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

The story i'd always heard to explain Lonny's exodus into the desert was that his wife was informed that he had left a present in the belly of one of the k-state cheerleaders, and his options where to skip town or get a divorce.
My sources have also confirmed this

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
if more people would just pack their family and move when they impregnate a young extramarital filly, we could cut this nation's divorce rate to nothing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:59 AM »
So just who is to blame here for the 20+ plus years of Catsketball futility after Lon's forced removal from the Flint Hills?

Mrs. Lon
Non-birth control using college cheerleader
Unborn Lon Jr.

:confused:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
OU
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 12:43:54 AM »
currie

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
K-State played 2 terrible basketball games last year against OU and the only thing we did remotely well was oboard in one of those games. In Norman we got dismantled and played one of our worst defensive games of the year, giving up nearly 1.2 points per possession and allowing OU to shoot 59%. We rebounded almost 60% of our misses, yet still lost by 9. OU had the worst eFG% defense last year in the league allowing 52.7%, yet we shot 46.9% and 44.1% against them in our 2 games. Just terrible performances and no reason for last year's team to get swept by a team that finished 15-16 and only won 5 league game.

That said, this year's OU team is improved, especially on the defensive end. They are a likely NCAA tournament team and should finish in the upper half of the league. However, OU is a poor defensive rebounding team, which should play into our strength. Offensively they don't shoot well (47%) and don't get to the FT line (33.7%), but are solid on the oboards and don't turn the ball over, rating 1 and 2 in those categories respectively in the Big 12 so far. Their best scorers are Pledger outside and Osby inside. OU doesn't shoot a lot of 3s, but Pledger is the guy that shoots them the most, 64% of his attempts are 3s (with only 4% at the rim). Osby gets to the rim far more than anyone else for OU, with 51% of his attempts. We all remember Pledger going off against us in the OOD last year, but he also had a very nice game against us in Norman and reserve post Fitzgerald scored 21. In fact, OU's forwards destroyed us in Norman last year combining to shoot 19-24 and score 49 points.  Outside of Pledger and Osby, M'Baye is a nice rangy forward and Hield is a solid shooter and another 3PT threat, both averaging over 9 PPG. OU's pace is slightly faster than ours, but both teams want games in the mid-60s.

The key for OU in their best wins (WVU twice, aTm, OSU) was forcing all 3 opponents to shoot 45% or worse. K-State's offense has been a strength lately, shooting 49% or better in 6 of the last 7 games. K-State will have to prevent another Pledger repeat, but also win the battle of our defensive strengths against their offensive strengths, offensive boards and forcing TOs.

There should be plenty of motivation for K-State's players and I don't see a repeat of last year or this team looking ahead to Tuesday. I see the Cats continuing their solid shooting while holding down a solid OU team.

Cats 69
OU 62

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

Lon went to Florida, and then Illinois after leaving MHK.  The premise of the story is correct, but substitute "swamp" in place of desert.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »

Lon went to Florida, and then Illinois after leaving MHK.  The premise of the story is correct, but substitute "swamp" in place of desert.

Also hotLanta in there at some point.... i was going more with the Moses angle then suggesting he went straight to UNLV... maybe i should have gone more Odyssey...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
Based on the fact that their center is the highest scorer on their team, I assume Gipson and JO foul out by the under 8 timeout in the 2nd half.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: OU
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
Based on the fact that their center is the highest scorer on their team, I assume Gipson and JO foul out by the under 8 timeout in the 2nd half.

OU isn't really an attacking team that gets a high FT rate, but Osby is their best at drawing fouls.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
The Lon cheerleading pregnancy lore is more boring than the closing Ahearn lore.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »
K-State played 2 terrible basketball games last year against OU and the only thing we did remotely well was oboard in one of those games. In Norman we got dismantled and played one of our worst defensive games of the year, giving up nearly 1.2 points per possession and allowing OU to shoot 59%. We rebounded almost 60% of our misses, yet still lost by 9. OU had the worst eFG% defense last year in the league allowing 52.7%, yet we shot 46.9% and 44.1% against them in our 2 games. Just terrible performances and no reason for last year's team to get swept by a team that finished 15-16 and only won 5 league game.

That said, this year's OU team is improved, especially on the defensive end. They are a likely NCAA tournament team and should finish in the upper half of the league. However, OU is a poor defensive rebounding team, which should play into our strength. Offensively they don't shoot well (47%) and don't get to the FT line (33.7%), but are solid on the oboards and don't turn the ball over, rating 1 and 2 in those categories respectively in the Big 12 so far. Their best scorers are Pledger outside and Osby inside. OU doesn't shoot a lot of 3s, but Pledger is the guy that shoots them the most, 64% of his attempts are 3s (with only 4% at the rim). Osby gets to the rim far more than anyone else for OU, with 51% of his attempts. We all remember Pledger going off against us in the OOD last year, but he also had a very nice game against us in Norman and reserve post Fitzgerald scored 21. In fact, OU's forwards destroyed us in Norman last year combining to shoot 19-24 and score 49 points.  Outside of Pledger and Osby, M'Baye is a nice rangy forward and Hield is a solid shooter and another 3PT threat, both averaging over 9 PPG. OU's pace is slightly faster than ours, but both teams want games in the mid-60s.

The key for OU in their best wins (WVU twice, aTm, OSU) was forcing all 3 opponents to shoot 45% or worse. K-State's offense has been a strength lately, shooting 49% or better in 6 of the last 7 games. K-State will have to prevent another Pledger repeat, but also win the battle of our defensive strengths against their offensive strengths, offensive boards and forcing TOs.

There should be plenty of motivation for K-State's players and I don't see a repeat of last year or this team looking ahead to Tuesday. I see the Cats continuing their solid shooting while holding down a solid OU team.

Cats 69
OU 62

How much fun will it be to bbs between today and Tuesday if we beat OU?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
It's a sad day when everybody but Angel is making 3's. But his 6 assists, 3 steals and 1 TO is nice.

Why do our forwards (minus Shane) continue to take the worst shots I've ever seen forwards take? A foot in front of the 3 point line, all the time. JO even tried to Dirk one, falling over backwards while he takes a 15 foot shot. Frustrating to watch.

And obviously, rebounding was an issue for a long time. Hope it's fixed for good.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Kept up on the gamecast, haven't been able to watch.  Was Gruds 3pt flurry great?  I'll bet it was.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »
Kept up on the gamecast, haven't been able to watch.  Was Gruds 3pt flurry great?  I'll bet it was.

It was.

And Shane is just adorable.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Angel is 1-5 on lay-ups and 0-3 from 3 but continues to do these things. Frustrating.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Good predicto _FAN

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »