Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 282369 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
As a Kansan, I'm very happy for Chris and Arthur. Just two great human beings. We're very blessed.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
As a Kansan, I'm very happy for Chris and Arthur. Just two great human beings. We're very blessed.

:gocho:   :cheers:

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2013, 11:39:28 AM »
Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay did not include Kansas State's Arthur Brown among the five 4-3 LBs in his updated two-round mock draft.

Dion Jordan, Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o, Kevin Minter, and Sio Moore were the five who made the top 62 selections. This worries us a bit, since Brown has dealt with a shoulder issue throughout the draft process despite not missing a game during his time at Kansas State. We think his talent warrants a first-round pick.

Man, I hate Kiper and McShay. They're such douches. How do they have jobs?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2013, 02:09:41 PM »

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay did not include Kansas State's Arthur Brown among the five 4-3 LBs in his updated two-round mock draft.

Dion Jordan, Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o, Kevin Minter, and Sio Moore were the five who made the top 62 selections. This worries us a bit, since Brown has dealt with a shoulder issue throughout the draft process despite not missing a game during his time at Kansas State. We think his talent warrants a first-round pick.

Kiper and McShay have ignored Arthur's pro-day workout results. They work for ESPN they'll talk about Te'o because they'll get more readers

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2013, 01:41:52 AM »
This is a guys' comments in the hypothetical situation that the Chiefs get a pick in the late first round:

The Chiefs still have a big hole on their roster next to Derrick Johnson in the wake of the tragic Jovan Belcher suicide. Arthur Brown has drawn comparisons to Ray Lewis by many analysts and he would be quite a bargain at the very bottom of the first round.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
Arthur's draft scouting report from Espn insider:

Traits Scale
1 = Exceptional | 2 = Above Average | 3 = Average | 4 = Below Average | 5 = Marginal
Overall Football Traits
PRODUCTION: 1
2008: Miami (11/0)  4 tackles 2009: Miami (13/0)  13- ½ - 0 2010: Transferred to KSU and sat out due to NCAA rules. 2011: (13/13)  101-9.5-2 2012: (13/13)  100-7-1 Career: 6 PBU, 3 INT
HWS: 3
Slightly shorter than the average and continues to add bulk to frame. Estimated top-end speed is very good. Big hands (10') and average arm length (32 ½') for an OLB.
DURABILITY: 2
Durability was not an issue during college career. Started all 26 games during two seasons of eligibility at KSU. Was a medical exclusion at the Senior Bowl (lingering injury from season; undisclosed) and at the combine (injured left quad during warm-ups).
CHARACTER: 3
Was named in the Nevin Shapiro scandal for taking improper benefits while at Miami during his first two seasons of his career. However, was not suspended or reprimanded by the NCAA. Younger brother Bryce Brown was a former RB for the Wildcats in 2011 and was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. Two-time captain at KSU.
Position Specific Traits
INSTINCTS/RECOGNITION: 2
Overall instincts and diagnostics skills adequate-to-good. Disciplined with his reads. Can be a quarter-count late diagnosing at times but does not take many false steps and does a surprisingly good job of sniffing out misdirection. Also can bite on play fakes on occasion but shows enough athleticism to recover and get back into proper drop zone. Shows good awareness for crossers in front of him in underneath zone coverage.
PURSUIT/POINT OF ATTACK: 4
Lacks prototypical playing size and core strength. Will always need to play in scheme that keeps him protected. Shows very good body control and burst when it comes to slipping tackles. Knows how to 'slip' properly by maintaining gap integrity before making the tackle. Flashes the quick-twitched explosiveness to shock lead blocker and create separation to shed blocks. However, will get engulfed by bigger blockers when forced to square his shoulders and take head on.
TACKLING: 1
Possesses sideline-to-sideline range. At his best protected so he can scrape over the top. Light on his feet and transitions quickly when changing directions. Closes quickly and can make up ground when in pursuit. Can be a bit more consistent with his angles but it's a minor knock comparatively.
PASS COVERAGE: 2
A reliable overall tackler. Doesn't have consistent knock back power but shows ability to strike when able to line up ball carriers. Generally tackles with very good leverage and wraps up upon contact. Holds up extremely well in space and does a nice job of breaking down to secure tackle. While he will leave his feet on occasion he does a nice job of keeping his eyes up to lasso runners lower half.
PASS RUSHER: 2
Displays very good movement skills and covers a lot of ground in underneath zone. Has the athleticism to match up with most RBs in man coverage and flashes ability to match up with TEs downfield  although size becomes an issue when ball is in the air. Times pressures well and has some quickness as a pass rusher but lacks the power to run through blocks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:21:43 AM by Benja »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »
They rate Arthur Brown's character as "Average"? 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »

Two bit thug that accepted impermissible benefits from Miami.  Same scout will undoubtedly call manziel a choir boy in his eval.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »

Yeah that was weird

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:20 AM »

Don't be stupid. Kiper is the Gottlieb of football. He just knows everything

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:22 AM »
Arthur will be fine.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »

You could not be more wrong.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »

worst mocat post ever?

yes

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »
Mel Kiper is what Dracula would look like if he grew up in the 70s but before he got AIDS in the 80s.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »

this is great. that is absolutely flawless LB technique.

It really, really is.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »
This is a guys' comments in the hypothetical situation that the Chiefs get a pick in the late first round:

The Chiefs still have a big hole on their roster next to Derrick Johnson in the wake of the tragic Jovan Belcher suicide. Arthur Brown has drawn comparisons to Ray Lewis by many analysts and he would be quite a bargain at the very bottom of the first round.
God I hope this doesn't happen, AB is way too good of a person and player to end up on the chiefs. He can do so much better!

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
Chris Harper on the Danny Parkins show talking NFL Draft (starts at around 34:45 mark)

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6332365
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »

worst mocat post ever?

yes
You clearly never saw his first.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
Draft insider Tony Pauline writes that Kansas State's Arthur Brown and UConn's Sio Moore are the two fastest rising players at the LB position.
Finally. "Several people on the inside continue to tell me Brown is a definite first round pick, which like means Kevin Minter or Manti Te’o are likely out," Pauline writes. "I’m told teams love Moore not only for his measurables but also because he’s scheme diverse." Pauline went on to mention Moore could be a top 50 selection and the Jets are showing strong interest.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
AB was just on 810.  Mentioned interest from Baltimore, Denver, New England, and Jacksonville.  No mention of Pittsburg. 

Also told story of how he, his brother, and CHarp used to play up two years with the 4th graders.  I bet that old film would be fun to watch.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
I hope he doesn't go to Jacksonville. That'd make me really sad.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »
AB was just on 810.  Mentioned interest from Baltimore, Denver, New England, and Jacksonville.  No mention of Pittsburg. 

Also told story of how he, his brother, and CHarp used to play up two years with the 4th graders.  I bet that old film would be fun to watch.

I want B'more. Jacksonville would be horrible and I hate Denver and New England.