Author Topic: On Xavier  (Read 1334 times)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
On Xavier
« on: March 22, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
I have been hearing alot about how improved they are since we last played them and I'm sure they have, but don't all Mid-Majors (and thats exactly what they are) look better during conference play than when they play tough BCS schools in the non-con?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: On Xavier
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:43:57 PM »
Everyone talks about how much they've improved.  Why are we acting like we haven't improved since a loss to Ole Miss and a single digit victory over FHSU?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
Everyone talks about how much they've improved.  Why are we acting like we haven't improved since a loss to Ole Miss and a single digit victory over FHSU?

I think the home loss to ISU has shown that we haven't  :dunno:

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »

Beating OK St by 20+ (while having 30 pt leads) has showed me that the ISU game was a fluke.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »

Beating OK St by 20+ (while having 30 pt leads) has showed me that the ISU game was a fluke.

See, I think we were that good at the beginning of the year too. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »
They beat tournament opponents in 2 of 8 tries during the regular season.  2 of 3 tries in the post season.  That's improvement. 

Still, 4 wins including Richmond, Florida, Minnesota, and Pitt in 11 tries is not particularly impressive overall.

catzacker

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
they are a good team that didn't have a good game against us on the road.  now, we probably had a reason to do with them not having a good game.  we didn't necessarily play all that well either (shot 57% from FT line, 23.5% from 3 and 44% from the field), and IIRC, Xavier got in some foul trouble early with one of their bigs.  we probably should win this game, but that's under the assumption that we (a) shoot well and (c) crawford doesn't go off.  we could certainly turn in a terrible performance offensively and defensively, we've done it before this season against teams we should have beaten.  I think the line is 4 or 4.5, which seems about right.