Author Topic: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters  (Read 268496 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
I think the people on this board underestimate how much the tucks rough ridin' loved Michael Bishop.  They're always searching for the next Michael Bishop.  A QB with toughness, grit, sprinter's speed, and an arm that could throw a football right over them thar mountains.  Some of them believe Sams to be the next Michael Bishop.

Sams is smarter then Bishop.. but so is the wall I am looking at...

oh i get it, because he is black

Bro, stop with the racist schtick.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
I think the people on this board underestimate how much the tucks rough ridin' loved Michael Bishop.  They're always searching for the next Michael Bishop.  A QB with toughness, grit, sprinter's speed, and an arm that could throw a football right over them thar mountains.  Some of them believe Sams to be the next Michael Bishop.

Sams is also way faster than Bishop was.  Bishop was a very talented runner but he certainly didn't have sprinters speed.   Unless said sprinter isn't all that fast or something.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
Daniel #Life Sams ?@DS4ms
You see the glory. But u don't know the story. Grind time. #Life #Bite

:love:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »
Tucks will love that there isn't anyone else in the gym. 

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
Tucks will love that there isn't anyone else in the gym.

Who took the picture?   :sdeek:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »
is he wearing meister's #Life shirt?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »

Sams is also way faster than Bishop was.  Bishop was a very talented runner but he certainly didn't have sprinters speed.   Unless said sprinter isn't all that fast or something.

If you compare Bishop to the QB's before him then he had sprinter speed.  #slowasswhiteguysbefore

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

If you compare Bishop to the QB's before him then he had sprinter speed.  #slowasswhiteguysbefore

Valid point.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
There really is nothing better than a guy who has swag about the fact that he's going to out work you to be better than you, not swag just because he thinks he's better than you. 

Sams is the epitome of the coaches philosophy "we take pride that we work harder than everyone else" to the swag level. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
Do you think the fact that he can tweet about it and tweet pics impacts his work ethic? Like if there was no social media, would he work as hard?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »
There really is nothing better than a guy who has swag about the fact that he's going to out work you to be better than you, not swag just because he thinks he's better than you. 

Sams is the epitome of the coaches philosophy "we take pride that we work harder than everyone else" to the swag level.

If anyone hasn't watched that 5 minute interview of Sams that was posted shortly after Waters signed they should do the work to find it and watch it.  Very awesome, Sams is going to be our QB.
:adios:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »

If anyone hasn't watched that 5 minute interview of Sams that was posted shortly after Waters signed they should do the work to find it and watch it.  Very awesome, Sams is going to be our QB.

http://powercatgameday.com/player-interviews/
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:58 PM »

Waters appears to be a self made,  hard work type of guy so I think he and Sams will make each other better.  I would love to see Sams get the job but if Waters wins it,  I'm thinking that means he is a badass mofo.   It's pretty much a win/win.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

http://powercatgameday.com/player-interviews/

Thanks for re-posting. Holy crap - I love his attitude. He has grown up a ton since he got to KSU
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

The gE board is going to implode when Sams is listed as backup on the depth chart this fall because he wasn't able to grasp the playbook or pass the Snyder Wonderlick tests.  :popcorn:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline Ilovedgrowltowels...

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
I'm new to the board so may have missed if it's on an older thread...  Has anyone looked at who Waters was throwing the ball to?  The WR that went to Maryland was the top juco and highschool prospect when he came out.  Over half of Waters yards went to him, 25 of his 39 TD passes went to him, many on short passes that got broke open.

That being said we don't have the WR's to get this done with someone that is accurate but needs the WRs to make big plays, our guys can make big plays but need space to do so, thinking Lockett deep, or the Tramaine catch vs. ISU a few years ago...

Sams is going to do great things!  Not going to be surprised at 2000 passing 1000 rushing next year!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:41 PM »

The gE board is going to implode when Sams is listed as backup on the depth chart this fall because he wasn't able to grasp the playbook or pass the Snyder Wonderlick tests.  :popcorn:

Sams isn't dumb
:adios:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »

Sams isn't dumb

True.   I think tucks will tuck in harder because Waters can't beat Sams out.   Sams is in the drivers seat,  waters is the guy trying to bet him out.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »

Oh, I get it; because they are not white.  :lol:  You guys try too hard; must be young brain washed PC types.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »

Is this because he's black and the tucks do not think blacks are smart.  Man, I get it.  :excited:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »
I'm new to the board so may have missed if it's on an older thread...  Has anyone looked at who Waters was throwing the ball to?  The WR that went to Maryland was the top juco and highschool prospect when he came out.  Over half of Waters yards went to him, 25 of his 39 TD passes went to him, many on short passes that got broke open.

That being said we don't have the WR's to get this done with someone that is accurate but needs the WRs to make big plays, our guys can make big plays but need space to do so, thinking Lockett deep, or the Tramaine catch vs. ISU a few years ago...

Sams is going to do great things!  Not going to be surprised at 2000 passing 1000 rushing next year!

Hmmm TLBL?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 09:41:27 PM »

I am well aware that waters sucks.  However, many of the other posters are not.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
I hope they are both awesome, though I obviously want Sams to be the next great KSU quarterback.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
I am firmly on #teamhappysamjohnsonwontbeoursecondstringQB

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 11:51:47 PM »

Sams isn't dumb

According to a team manager, this is up for debate (classroom-wise...  :embarrassed:)

And I mean, really bad.