Author Topic: debt ceiling  (Read 15296 times)

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/01/the-debt-ceiling-is-pointless-and-dangerous-nearly-all-economists-agree/267218/

Hmm, either you guys are right or 37 economists from across the country are wrong...

:dunno:

LOL, all university professors. Find me some real world CFO's and we can talk. You're horrible at this, Jay Carney.

When did professors, most of whom have to be experts in their field of study, become discredited as viable sources?

And to say I agree with the WH on everything is greatly overstating my position.
untuck manhattan

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/01/the-debt-ceiling-is-pointless-and-dangerous-nearly-all-economists-agree/267218/

Hmm, either you guys are right or 37 economists from across the country are wrong...

:dunno:

LOL, all university professors. Find me some real world CFO's and we can talk. You're horrible at this, Jay Carney.

When did professors, most of whom have to be experts in their field of study, become discredited as viable sources?

And to say I agree with the WH on everything is greatly overstating my position.

......most of whom have never had a job outside of academia. It's a major problem having professors running the country.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2013, 08:27:39 PM »
Still don't see why we have a debt-ceiling. This entire fiasco is over money already spent.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2013, 09:42:52 PM »
Libtards and B.O. sheeple,

Stop defending the indefensible. Stop attaching Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) graphics. Stop saying its not that big of a deal when your own fool says its a big deal. Stop saying its just as bad as the guy you think is the worst. Stop linking stories with 37 hand picked economists.

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
debt ceiling
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »

Stop defending the indefensible. Stop attaching Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) graphics. Stop saying its not that big of a deal when your own fool says its a big deal. Stop saying its just as bad as the guy you think is the worst. Stop linking stories with 37 hand picked economists.

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick

Hahaha... Discredit experts, discredit history, say it's different this time but it was ok before. Call things and people Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they aren't in line with Fox News propaganda machine.

Non stop entertainment. Please don't stop.

untuck manhattan

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2013, 10:13:46 PM »

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick

Hahaha... Discredit experts, discredit history, say it's different this time but it was ok before. Call things and people Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they aren't in line with Fox News propaganda machine.

You're the one twisting facts and discrediting history. As for experts, either side can line the up around the block. In sum, you're an amateurish Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

I love the snappy "you must watch fox" retort from the guy who cant delineate propaganda and rhetoric from objective fact. Oh brother, get this guy a rachel maddow T-shirt.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
debt ceiling
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick

You're the one twisting facts and discrediting history. As for experts, either side can line the up around the block. In sum, you're an amateurish Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

No, you are.

As for my thoughts on Ms. Maddow... How dare that damn talking $!#* speak her mind. She needs to take off her shoes and get back into the kitchen where she belongs. Damn women, neegras, and homosexuals are what's destroying this country. - Right FSD?
untuck manhattan

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »

No, you are.

As for my thoughts on Ms. Maddow... How dare that damn talking $!#* speak her mind. She needs to take off her shoes and get back into the kitchen where she belongs. Damn women, neegras, and homosexuals are what's destroying this country. - Right FSD?

msnbc post

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2013, 07:17:24 AM »
Stop linking stories with 37 hand picked economists.

"To that end, our panel was chosen to include distinguished experts with a keen interest in public policy from the major areas of economics, to be geographically diverse, and to include Democrats, Republicans and Independents as well as older and younger scholars. The panel members are all senior faculty at the most elite research universities in the United States.  The panel includes Nobel Laureates, John Bates Clark Medalists, fellows of the Econometric society, past Presidents of both the American Economics Association and American Finance Association, past Democratic and Republican members of the President's Council of Economics, and past and current editors of the leading journals in the profession."

Yep. Hand-picked experts.
untuck manhattan

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2013, 08:21:58 AM »

"To that end, our panel was chosen to include distinguished experts with a keen interest in public policy from the major areas of economics, to be geographically diverse, and to include Democrats, Republicans and Independents as well as older and younger scholars. The panel members are all senior faculty at the most elite research universities in the United States.  The panel includes Nobel Laureates, John Bates Clark Medalists, fellows of the Econometric society, past Presidents of both the American Economics Association and American Finance Association, past Democratic and Republican members of the President's Council of Economics, and past and current editors of the leading journals in the profession."

That's the definition of hand picked.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »

That's the definition of NON PARTISAN EXPERTS.

Fixed it for you.
untuck manhattan

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick

No, you are.

<---camKSU
:adios:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
This is a clear violation of the First Rule of Holes.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »
<---camKSU

:jerk:

Just trying to speak his language, brah
untuck manhattan

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »

You look amateurish.

Your pal,
Sugar Dick

No, you are.

haha.  nuh uh, you are, nuh uh....

I also love how Libs just absolutely hate Fox news and bring it up in every argument, but as soon as someone even mentions MSNBC or that Maddow guy.... :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »
I don't really get the Maddow hate. I mean, yeah, she's biased as hell, but at least she cherry-picks somewhat accurate facts to build an incredibly slanted argument. Also, her homosexuality gives her every reason to hate the republicans. Hannity is just an bad person who is every bit as biased and just makes crap up on his show and bullies his guests. They both make pretty good television, but Maddow seems like the better person.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
I don't really get the Maddow hate. I mean, yeah, she's biased as hell, but at least she cherry-picks somewhat accurate facts to build an incredibly slanted argument. Also, her homosexuality gives her every reason to hate the republicans. Hannity is just an bad person who is every bit as biased and just makes crap up on his show and bullies his guests. They both make pretty good television, but Maddow seems like the better person.

I don't like her smug condescending attitude, which she learned from Olbermann. She is the female Olbermann.

I'm not a fan of Hannity or fox in general, but what I do like is they always have opposing view points, which MSNBC tries to avoid because they have no argument.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

I don't like her smug condescending attitude, which she learned from Olbermann. She is the female Olbermann.

I'm not a fan of Hannity or fox in general, but what I do like is they always have opposing view points, which MSNBC tries to avoid because they have no argument.

They almost always railroad the person with the opposing argument though. It's like, throw this token opposer out there and yell over him when he tries to speak.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »

They almost always railroad the person with the opposing argument though. It's like, throw this token opposer out there and yell over him when he tries to speak.

Only if they won't answer a direct question, which is usually the case with libs.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
debt ceiling
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

Only if they won't answer a direct question, which is usually the case with libs.

By "won't answer a direct question" you mean disagree with their extremely narrow conservative Christian worldview.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:31:10 PM by camKSU »
untuck manhattan

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

Only if they won't answer a direct question, which is usually the case with libs people in front of a microphone or camera with an opinion different from the person asking the question

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »

By "won't answer a direct question" you mean disagree with their extremely narrow conservative Christian worldview.

No, i mean when you ask someone a simple yes or no question, and they go on for 2 minutes and never answer the question you're going to get cut off. If you answer the question first, you will probably get a little more time to explain why you take that position. Television is a fast paced medium and there isn't time for rhetoric and deflection.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »

Cam, quit while you're behind dog. It's over, you lost. Obama is spending crap tons of money, no way to hide it. Move on.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »

Usually

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:05 AM »
I can just picture and hear the Reid-Pelosi press conference if a Republican administration failed to present a passable budget for 5 consecutive years. 

It would be You Tube Glory!!