Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 116528 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i actually enjoy hockey a lot i just never know what channel they are on and stuff

I have the Gamecenter deal on my iPad but Cox has a free trial of Center Ice right now, unfortunately there's not a lot of games on regular channels

The Big Train

i actually enjoy hockey a lot i just never know what channel they are on and stuff

I have the Gamecenter deal on my iPad but Cox has a free trial of Center Ice right now, unfortunately there's not a lot of games on regular channels

yeah the NHL lost a large viewing base like 10 years ago or something when they didnt sign a big deal to keep it with nbc iirc

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah the NHL lost a large viewing base like 10 years ago or something when they didnt sign a big deal to keep it with nbc iirc

Yea, I think it was around the time of the lockout (the one before the last one). It sucks being an out of market hockey fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You mean ABC/ESPN,  NBC has the package now. The NHL had no choice but to take the NBC deal, they negotiated the rights after the lockout and the bid from ESPN was terrible. FWIW the NHL has never had good network coverage in America. Last season there were more network games televised than ever including the first regular season prime time game in league history. NBC has extended their coverage even more this season.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i think I'll follow the coyotes

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You mean the sharks (whipped ass last night)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Also getting gamecenter this year, pretty excited

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well it took one period for the season to go to crap :flush:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
we'll be ok mir

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You're breakin my heart here 'bias

The Big Train

You mean ABC/ESPN,  NBC has the package now. The NHL had no choice but to take the NBC deal, they negotiated the rights after the lockout and the bid from ESPN was terrible. FWIW the NHL has never had good network coverage in America. Last season there were more network games televised than ever including the first regular season prime time game in league history. NBC has extended their coverage even more this season.

i knew it was one of the bigger networks, couldnt remember which one.  where i was living at the time the Avalanche were the team, so it was a lot of fun for those Avs vs Red Wings series, and roy being the stud goalie.  i still enjoy watching hockey when its actually on and i have the channel.  i think a IRL NHL game would be awesome.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

are the sharks san jose?  dunno if I can do that

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i went to an avs game with my gpa once and he somehow fell asleep.  I thought it was fun

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

i knew it was one of the bigger networks, couldnt remember which one.  where i was living at the time the Avalanche were the team, so it was a lot of fun for those Avs vs Red Wings series, and roy being the stud goalie.  i still enjoy watching hockey when its actually on and i have the channel.  i think a IRL NHL game would be awesome.

IRL NHL games are great. Anytime someone tries to tell me they don't like hockey I ask if they've ever actually been to a game. Usually around here you get "Well I went to a Thunder game one time and got really drunk".

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
im spoiled by soccer coverage and dunno if I feel like spending the $160 to be a casual fan

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
NHL is the funnest sport to watch live

'bias, you can join known huge studs @erii and @PurpleBear4 in cheering on the #sharks

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did you guys see scottwildcat's top 5 teams he's choosing from on twitter? I mean, what a dumbass.

The Big Train

im going to go to a IRL NHL sometime, just made up my mind

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

are the sharks san jose?  dunno if I can do that

Trust me in this, don't base your NHL team off their city. I love the Blues but St. Louis can get mumped.

And Arizona is going to have a very tough year this year (sorry MiR). Not that they're a bad team, the West is just ridiculous.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i don't have anything against san jose the city, I just hate the crap out of their pro soccer team and would feel even more disingenuous than I already do

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The entire East division could vanish and I wouldn't care

'cept lightning of course.

You could go with them 'bias, be buds with Winters

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The entire East division could vanish and I wouldn't care

'cept lightning of course.

You could go with them 'bias, be buds with Winters

Lighting would be a very good choice. Fun team to watch. Though they're handling of Martin last year annoyed me.

I'd recommend the Blues, but if you won't choose the Sharks cause of th Earthquake you won't choose them because of the Cardinals. Plus they're heartbreaking to follow.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i grew up in phoenix but the team came after i moved to kansas.  i feel that factors in somehow

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't have anything against san jose the city, I just hate the crap out of their pro soccer team and would feel even more disingenuous than I already do

The Sharks are 1000x more hateable than than the quakes. They have one of the biggest douches in recent memory as one of their captains.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't think he's a capitan this year. Think he's an alternate actually. I dunno tho, just saw it in a headline but didn't read the article