Author Topic: things I just read  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
things I just read
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »
Too much emotion

K-State coach oscar Weber was happy to see his team play with emotion and feed off the energy of a vocal crowd on Saturday, but he thought his players took that experience too far at times. After runs in the second half, he often ran onto the court during timeouts and admonished his players for celebrating when the game was still up for grabs.

“We’re chest-bumping and celebrating like we just won the thing,” Weber said. “Then we go out and make a couple bad defensive mistakes. I want to be aggressive and use the emotion of the arena, but you have got to play smarter and make them earn baskets.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/05/3996517/kansas-state-notebook-k-state.html#storylink=cpy

Seems like a weird take from a guy terrified when the other team's all fired up and feeding off 7K+ rowdy fans in matching t-shirts.  Guess oscar won't be as enamored with the Shane/Gip gif as we are.

Not as many fans stuck around Bramlage to hear Weber’s radio comments as usually stayed for Frank Martin. Those who did, however, were encouraged.

Before he was handed a headset for the postgame show, Weber walked and talked with athletic director John Currie.

“Give him a raise, John,’’ shouted one fan.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2013-01-05/kevin-haskin-experience-helpful-cats-weber

Has that one fan never heard of email?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: things I just read
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
Damnit, I love the new midcourt bench celebrations.  oscar, let ppl start liking you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
OSU went on a run everytime we came out of a TO.  oscar needs to STFU

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:08 AM »
At the time of celebration, it was still only a 2 possession game. It was good to see some emotion from a team "use to" losing its Big 12 opener. oscar will get over it.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
I noticed that as well oscar (firmly tucks in shirt) and I didn't like it one bit. Act like you've been there before.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 11:52:26 AM »
I hate butthole overcoachers.  If "I care about stupid stuff that doesn't matter" oscar were here we wouldn't have had this:

Chill oscar, fun is okay

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »
Basketball isn't supposed to be fun and enjoyable for the players.  It must be stressful and nerve-racking like it is for oscar.  It's only fair that they share his pain.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 12:22:05 PM »
We badly need some swag.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
Basketball isn't supposed to be fun and enjoyable for the players.  It must be stressful and nerve-racking like it is for oscar.  It's only fair that they share his pain.

This really seems to be what oscar is doing.  He my not know that he is doing it though.  Some one should council him about this.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »
Is oscar coachable?  :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »

This really seems to be what oscar is doing.  He my not know that he is doing it though.  Some one should council him about this.

oscar knows what wins basketball games.  You don't make it to the NC game with fired-up, fun-loving players.  Low-key, hesitant and a little scared wins.  Don't worry oscar will get through to them.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
you know our fans just eat that crap up. Awful.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »
 :flush:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
You can skip ahead about 3 hours and 34 minutes to hear #oscar come on postgame radio and expand on this whole "too much emotion" thing.

http://www.kstatesports.com/allaccess/?media=346066

At 3:40:35, #oscar describes Angel as "emotionally drunk."  T-Y to @TopekaTalls for pointing that moment out to me; I'd drifted off after listening to #oscar's first segment.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
Then he goes on and trashes the rest of the league.   :facepalm:  That doesn't seem like that is conducive to helping the league and ksu rpi.  :dunno:

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »
you know our fans just eat that crap up. Awful.

Hell, most off those idiots want to give him a raise and an extension.

I'll be dead before we recover from this situation :cry:

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
I like when he said something along the lines of "2nd place in the league is wide open", basically telling our players that we couldn't win 1st.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
Is it bad to want him dead so we don't have to worry about him coaching here anymore  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
Is it bad to want him dead so we don't have to worry about him coaching here anymore  :dunno:

You could have any number of reasons for wanting him dead.  I'm not gonna judge you.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
What a douche
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
You can skip ahead about 3 hours and 34 minutes to hear #oscar come on postgame radio and expand on this whole "too much emotion" thing.

http://www.kstatesports.com/allaccess/?media=346066

At 3:40:35, #oscar describes Angel as "emotionally drunk."  T-Y to @TopekaTalls for pointing that moment out to me; I'd drifted off after listening to #oscar's first segment.

oscar Weber: NBA Trendsetter

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2019/03/02/pacers-suffer-2nd-half-meltdown-loss-magic/3034036002/

Being 'drunk on emotions' works against Pacers down stretch in loss to Magic

INDIANAPOLIS – There's a pattern emerging with the Pacers as they march to the end of the regular season, and coach Nate McMillan doesn't like it.

After Saturday's 117-112 loss to the Orlando Magic, McMillan was asked about how disjointed his team looked on the offensive end in the fourth quarter, fumbling passes, throwing away inbound passes and having to take difficult looks late in the shot clock.

"I thought we got distracted with the officiating again," McMillan said as the Pacers' 72-62 lead with 8:23 in the third quarter slowly dissipated. "You can talk about a call but after you talk about that call you've got to get back to calm. The officiating was a distraction. There's been a couple game since this (All-Star) break where we are looking at the officiating. We kind of get drunk on emotions out there. Everything is rushing. You're not clear about what you need to do."