Author Topic: anyone know the 2 emaws hit by the dui last night? now with fundraising links  (Read 43321 times)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Really hope they bring these guys on the field and honor them during a game next season

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Really hope they bring these guys on the field and honor them during a game next season

honor them for what?  not dying?

i haven't died everyday of my life. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

Which sucks for everybody else.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Has your head ever been re-attached to your neck using pieces of your ribs?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
that's impressive that the guy's head came off and he is still alive, but let's not trot his ass onto the field and clap for him, he didn't do anything.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
That guy that died, but came back is a hero.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
your definition of hero is weird

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
that's impressive that the guy's head came off and he is still alive, but let's not trot his ass onto the field and clap for him, he didn't do anything.

We bring out old people and crop judgers and clap for them, don't see why we can't do the same for a couple EMAWs who kicked the Grim Reaper in the balls

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We bring out old people and crop judgers and clap for them, don't see why we can't do the same for a couple EMAWs who kicked the Grim Reaper in the balls

Exactly.  We trot out terrible youtube video makers.  If nothing else to these two guys, they became public figures and represented the university well.  Not a lot of our fans could do that.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
fwiw, i hate 99% of the people that are brought onto the field.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:excited: was for good news that I didn't feel comfortable sharing at the time. I usually receive updates as they happen but I wait until they've been posted by a family member on a twitter or facebook account before relaying here.   Anyway,

Mike's recovery is just fantastic, bordering on ridiculous/miraculous.  Very good chance he'll be out of the valley fairly soon and it's pretty overwhelming

Cody opened his eyes today for a little while today.  Still hasn't really woken up but all vitals are all good, ICP and swelling are way down (though some swelling remains) and I'm told that he looks much better. 

Good news for both, everyone's still optimistic about Cody, and Mike is superman.
were they able to get any response to questions when he opened his eyes?
No, but some more good news on both of them.

Cody has been opening his eyes a bit.  Still hasn't really come out of the coma, but he has been responding to pain now (doctors pinch him, he brushes their hands away) and he appeared to be tracking his sister's hand for a few moments while his eyes are open.  Swelling is down considerably and most of the meds have been reduced.  They're hoping to wean him off the ventilator in the coming days. 

Mike is a goddamn miracle.  He's in Wichita for a week or so or rehab before heading back to Great Bend.  It's pretty remarkable.  Doctors down there are just amazed at his recovery.  Injury typically has a 95% kill rate and most of the remainder are left paralyzed and he's walking around and flew home on a commercial flight.  It's pretty fantastic.

The phrae "goddamn miracle" brings me such joy it cannot be expessed in words.

It can only be expressed through interpretative dance  :dance:

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

There is a 99 percent chance that the feeling is mutual.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Playing that garbage youtube video was an embarrassment to the university

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

There is a 99 percent chance that the feeling is mutual.

shut up, fanning

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

what video did they play?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

My guess is the farming and I grow it.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, and it was terrible. No wonder we suck at recruiting

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, and it was terrible. No wonder we suck at recruiting
I didn't hate it...the Classy Cats choreographing to it was lame, imo.  I don't think that had much bearing on our recruiting though.  :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-ppb-great-bend-man-shares-story-of-pedicab-accident-in-arizona-20130117,0,4932934.story

:excited:

REATTACHED HIS HEAD? wat. good lord.

Yeah, that is one heck of an injury.  Never heard of it before. 

that dude has a one upper story for the rest of his life. so lucky. "Oh, you stubbed your toe? Now imagine stubbing your toe WHILE YOUR HEAD FALLS OFF. THAT MUST REALLY SUCK FOR YOU."
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

Offline GBEMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
Mike returned to Great Bend about this time yesterday.  The remainder of his recovery will just be outpatient therapy and some periodic visits to the doc (not in Great Bend though, we have some pretty amazingly awful doctors there)

Cody's had some small responses the last few days and is still trending upward.  Doctors say he's a couple weeks ahead of where most people in his situation are.  All things considered, he's doing very well.

Very good news on both, keep up with the T's and P's guys!

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mike returned to Great Bend about this time yesterday.  The remainder of his recovery will just be outpatient therapy and some periodic visits to the doc (not in Great Bend though, we have some pretty amazingly awful doctors there)

Cody's had some small responses the last few days and is still trending upward.  Doctors say he's a couple weeks ahead of where most people in his situation are.  All things considered, he's doing very well.

Very good news on both, keep up with the T's and P's guys!
Awesome news  :thumbs: :thumbs: