Author Topic: OKC Pak Thread  (Read 8136 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
OKC Pak Thread
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »
it was good

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The42Yardstick

Re: OKC Pak Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »
steve, check yer pm's

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »
I enjoyed the bit I was a part of, and am quite sad I missed out on a helluva finale

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
My ku fan dad held up and "EMAW" sign in Tapwerks

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
great report, dorkstores.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:48 PM »
great report, dorkstores.

Many beers were consumed. Foosball was played. Cigarettes were smoked INSIDE

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
slammed about five free bud lights, courtesy of KStateBate.

:powerespect:    :bball:

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
Great time drinkin.  Even enjoyed my hang-over Friday.  Not sure if I remember correctly, but I think ChiCat and I had a taxi ride back to the hotel with the single most full-of-crap cabbie known to man.  Dude actually made a reference to his buddy"Mark" as in Mark Cuban, says he dropped Cubes off at strip club in OKC and crap.   Talked about the Thunder like he owned them.  Felt wierd talking about the NBA in general.  He was all  :blah: and I was all  :facepalm: while ChiCat was  :lol: .

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
Help me put posters with real life faces.  The two goEMAW heads behind the basket that had a puerto rican flag also were............?  Sat a section over for the first five minutes of our game, was going to introduce myself but then got kicked out and back up to the 300 level.  Was going to try and move down again but we were down 10 when I was downstairs and went all JYC when I was upstairs, so I stayed upstairs.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »
Good pak.  Got there late Friday night and Thursday pak'rs were already gone or crashed out for the night.  Only interesting stuff is in the It's Fitz thread. 

Woke up to snowstorm saturday.  Got tickets squared away before the pak convened at Rooster's.  Great times. http://twitpic.com/19t7gl and  http://twitpic.com/19v3n1 

Went to the game earlier than necessary anticipating pak head rejection and having to go back to the hotel.  Security loved the heads and banner and sent us on in.  ku was still struggling but I didn't want to get into any kind of bad karma situation so I ignored it and tried to find stuff to do on the concourse.  Took a Ford Center survey.  Once it was over, we posted up at the door and let pak heads console the ku fans.

Lots of recognition for the goEMAW propaganda.  Think a lot of you introduced yourselves.  Gooch and I ended up sitting next to Jmo.  Old guy on the other side wasn't really a goEMAW man but seemed amused.  Security confiscated the banner after one time being unfurled during a free throw.

goEMAW infiltrated the Jack Daniels bar at halftime for a quick rePAKing.  Got pak head some air time as the Qhatz were stepping on BYU's throats.  I'd given the confiscator's boss some lip about the banner at halftime to where he felt compelled to deliver the banner back to me after the game without me having to go retrieve it at the office.

Had a quick regroup at the hotel (ku hotel) before heading out to eat (at ku restaurant).  Did a chairtop KSU chant.  Hit the VIP section of the Biting Sow to catch Doc Blues' revue band.  MakeItRain put on an incredible display of moves with giant Katpak head while RD did an interpretive dance with golf head.  Next stop was JJ's Alley (by the way, golf pak head was a casualty here so next time you're in OKC, expect to see it as part of the decor there).  The locals were very welcoming to all of goEMAW, especially a Native American we eventually branded (to his delight) as the Situ-injun due to his love of Jersey Shore, fist pumps, etc.

BBF$$Kat was having some issues with a red-striped cardigan-wearing ku fan.  Things were getting contentious in tiny JJ's Alley before all were convinced to leave.  MIR fired up the Sandstorm on his phone and a parade of fist pumping EMAW walked through the snow back to the ku/goEMAW hotel.  I'm sure many OKC visitors awoke this morning to wonder what the hell the picture of them and giant pak head is all about.

Lots of ku folk still lingering around the lobby at 2 a.m.  They were not as amused by the display of EMAW as the rest of the town was.  A crowd gathered as we were attempting to board the elevator.  Yada, yada, yada and I was choking out red-striped cardigan guy.

Great times.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »
Forgot something.  At dinner, everyone remembered we'd forgotten to let BMW know where the pak was.  OrangeCityCat called him up but BMW was too distraught to come hang out.  He was already on the way out of town.  Hopefully he got home and felt ok today so he could watch bball all day man of taste and distinction.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:19 PM »
Damn 2am trim? I couldn't make it that long since I left KC at 6:00am. Good thing I did because the snow and the clusterfuck traffic jam in Oklahoma

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »

was very  :lol: when i saw this on saturday.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:20 PM »
An unidentified elite BBSer also witnessed the EMAW sign held by the old uk guy at TapWerks.

:surprised:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:45 PM »

was very  :lol: when i saw this on saturday.

Many pics were taken. My dad thinks he jinxed uk by doing this. LOL

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
Tapwerks = Happiest place on Earth.

Went there with about 5 buddies Saturday around noon, ended up staying until 5 or so.

Waitress was just clueless, we ordered about 8 beer towers (lionshead, of course) and she gave us a ticket for 5 of them. After paying for some beer, and drinking some off of KStateBate,  Dean Bosco saw me drinking  :pbj:, and scolded me for being underage. The band played, a stellar performance to my drunken ears, and we stumbled off to go to the games.

Tried to get back in after the game, but they were charging a cover. Seems they didn't want so many EMAW hooligans in their bar anymore?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »
An unidentified elite BBSer also witnessed the EMAW sign held by the old uk guy at TapWerks.

:surprised:

He's only like 58  :curse:

Damn, that is pretty old i suppose. Cyclist?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »

Went there with about 5 buddies Saturday around noon, ended up staying until 5 or so.

Waitress was just clueless, we ordered about 8 beer towers (lionshead, of course) and she gave us a ticket for 5 of them. After paying for some beer, and drinking some off of KStateBate,  Dean Bosco saw me drinking  :pbj:, and scolded me for being underage. The band played, a stellar performance to my drunken ears, and we stumbled off to go to the games.

Tried to get back in after the game, but they were charging a cover. Seems they didn't want so many EMAW hooligans in their bar anymore?

I paid the cover. I think Weird Robert was too weird to pay though. God he's so  :kstatriot:

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

I paid the cover. I think Weird Robert was too weird to pay though. God he's so  :kstatriot:

They didn't make you pay the cover if you showed them your EMAW gear.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
Good pak.  Got there late Friday night and Thursday pak'rs were already gone or crashed out for the night.  Only interesting stuff is in the It's Fitz thread. 

Woke up to snowstorm saturday.  Got tickets squared away before the pak convened at Rooster's.  Great times. http://twitpic.com/19t7gl and  http://twitpic.com/19v3n1 

Went to the game earlier than necessary anticipating pak head rejection and having to go back to the hotel.  Security loved the heads and banner and sent us on in.  ku was still struggling but I didn't want to get into any kind of bad karma situation so I ignored it and tried to find stuff to do on the concourse.  Took a Ford Center survey.  Once it was over, we posted up at the door and let pak heads console the ku fans.

Lots of recognition for the goEMAW propaganda.  Think a lot of you introduced yourselves.  Gooch and I ended up sitting next to Jmo.  Old guy on the other side wasn't really a goEMAW man but seemed amused.  Security confiscated the banner after one time being unfurled during a free throw.

goEMAW infiltrated the Jack Daniels bar at halftime for a quick rePAKing.  Got pak head some air time as the Qhatz were stepping on BYU's throats.  I'd given the confiscator's boss some lip about the banner at halftime to where he felt compelled to deliver the banner back to me after the game without me having to go retrieve it at the office.

Had a quick regroup at the hotel (ku hotel) before heading out to eat (at ku restaurant).  Did a chairtop KSU chant.  Hit the VIP section of the Biting Sow to catch Doc Blues' revue band.  MakeItRain put on an incredible display of moves with giant Katpak head while RD did an interpretive dance with golf head.  Next stop was JJ's Alley (by the way, golf pak head was a casualty here so next time you're in OKC, expect to see it as part of the decor there).  The locals were very welcoming to all of goEMAW, especially a Native American we eventually branded (to his delight) as the Situ-injun due to his love of Jersey Shore, fist pumps, etc.

BBF$$Kat was having some issues with a red-striped cardigan-wearing ku fan.  Things were getting contentious in tiny JJ's Alley before all were convinced to leave.  MIR fired up the Sandstorm on his phone and a parade of fist pumping EMAW walked through the snow back to the ku/goEMAW hotel.  I'm sure many OKC visitors awoke this morning to wonder what the hell the picture of them and giant pak head is all about.

Lots of ku folk still lingering around the lobby at 2 a.m.  They were not as amused by the display of EMAW as the rest of the town was.  A crowd gathered as we were attempting to board the elevator.  Yada, yada, yada and I was choking out red-striped cardigan guy.

Great times.

You should have brought the sign down to us in the front row of 111...it would have been on TV waaaay more.

BTW, I think I exchanged an awkward/failed high five with you right after the dude gave you your sign back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »
Other things I remember:
-most of the rock chalking was done post ku game and pre ksu game
-the jack daniels club at the Ford Center smells pretty much exactly like you would expect a place called the jack daniels club to smell (bo and feet)
-kat kid smells pretty bad and is not afraid to wake you up in your own hotel room for snooring.  His suitcase is a shoe box (Nike)
-fatty tore up some scalpers post game thursday to get some decent club level seats for saturday
-cassidy is the best gpc guy to hang out with.  He thoroughly enjoys JJ's and the situ-injun.

Also, new hand signs
-RD's sperm count celebratory hand sign:  Crossed arms with both index fingers pointed up and doing the swimming motion.
-Cold hot dog and bbq beef:  Crossed arms with index finger of left hand pointed up and right hand having all fingers pointed down and kind of wiggling. 

Hopefully we will have these emoticons up soon

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »
Oh, also, I got to talk to csourk on the phone for about 15 seconds!  :excited:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »

while RD did an interpretive dance with golf head. 

yep. realized how pak'd i was about 8 seconds after that. quickly exited and went back to hotel room to sleep.  :cheese:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
while RD did an interpretive dance with golf head. 
yep. realized how pak'd i was about 8 seconds after that. quickly exited and went back to hotel room to sleep.  :cheese:

Was such a beautiful moment. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »
:singletearrolleddowncheek: for me. The video does not acurately capture all of the emotion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:21:28 AM by Gooch »