Author Topic: Rankings thread, yeah I said it!  (Read 110292 times)

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Rankings thread, yeah I said it!
« Reply #750 on: January 07, 2023, 08:13:43 PM »
AP poll is broken.  I'd be surprised if we're above 15
Easily in the top 15. Never seen this type of bouncy house season in my life when it comes to the sport.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 07, 2023, 08:21:02 PM »
Gonzaga is ranked 9th with losses to Baylor and Texas. I wonder what the biggest rise in the AP in one week is?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 07, 2023, 08:22:18 PM »
Where do we debut, 15?  Higher?

Higher. Gary Parrish will have us top 10 and pollsters seem to mirror his daily poll

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 07, 2023, 08:23:46 PM »
If we aren’t top 10 then Dlew12 needs to personally shame every single sportswriter who doesn’t put them top 10
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 07, 2023, 08:26:30 PM »
I'm calling 12th

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 07, 2023, 09:00:58 PM »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 07, 2023, 09:33:48 PM »
Tbh I’m not even sure an “embarrassment” of riches is appropriate at this point. We probably need a humiliation or fuckton of riches or something idk.

Id just like to offer some perspective WRT the quantity of riches we’re talking about here. Folks, to give you an idea…take the combined computing power of every datacenter that exists on planet earth this day…well, the amount of time it would take for them to calculate how much riches we got…none of the people that will be alive when that computation is complete have even been born yet.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 07, 2023, 09:42:31 PM »
Tbh I’m not even sure an “embarrassment” of riches is appropriate at this point. We probably need a humiliation or fuckton of riches or something idk.

Id just like to offer some perspective WRT the quantity of riches we’re talking about here. Folks, to give you an idea…take the combined computing power of every datacenter that exists on planet earth this day…well, the amount of time it would take for them to calculate how much riches we got…none of the people that will be alive when that computation is complete have even been born yet.
Jeez, that is a lot.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 07, 2023, 09:57:39 PM »
ya i think I need saul to come translate this post from the big apple cat into english for me.  LOL - computers, man.  data in, data out, usb. 

i’m sorry but my parents don’t let me use computers (they don’t believe in computers), so i’m lost trying to understand your point.  regardless, i’m enrolling (late) for the spring semester and hopefully will take a few courses about computers, because i don’t even know how to turn them on.  anything would help, even if it’s online classes.

besides that stuff lets look at our cat friends and family tonight and say go cats to celebrate the big win.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 07, 2023, 10:08:27 PM »
Clams, thank you, I got so wrapped up in The Riches I just go to town with all the computer jargon, with no regard for the “computer adjacent” bloggers on this board. I will take the remainder of the weekend not only to reflect on this plentiful bounty of riches (described in earlier post) but also to remind myself to check my privilege.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 08, 2023, 09:56:47 AM »
Not sure where we'll be, honestly will be shocked to be higher than 15 (but will take)

What is the highest someone has debuted in the AP no being ranked before? Like if we legit debut in the top 10 that has to be some sort of record, right?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 08, 2023, 10:38:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/BPredict/status/1611901089384726529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1611901089384726529%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

BESTOW US!!

Several of my A++ sources at the Associated Press (AP) have quietly started referring to this team as the QUAD SQUAD and while I can’t get any of them to come outright and say it, I’m v confident it is because of how well we are playing against Q1 opponents

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 08, 2023, 11:10:55 AM »

Not sure where we'll be, honestly will be shocked to be higher than 15 (but will take)

What is the highest someone has debuted in the AP no being ranked before? Like if we legit debut in the top 10 that has to be some sort of record, right?

https://www.collegepollarchive.com/mbasketball/ap/research/unranked-to-ranked.cfm#.Y7ox-qRMF8g

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Would be no where close to the record. 

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 08, 2023, 11:46:51 AM »

https://www.collegepollarchive.com/mbasketball/ap/research/unranked-to-ranked.cfm#.Y7ox-qRMF8g

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Would be no where close to the record. 

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

I should actually read the thread  :blindfold:

Yeah, not close to the record, but we could beat ourselves (#13)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:23:51 PM by cfbandyman »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 08, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
If the Quad Squad Cats win their next two against OSU and @TCU, and fellow Quad Squad Hawks win against OU and ISU, then we could be looking at the one the greatest matchups in the history of the Octagon of Doom with College Game Day coming to town and a chance for clams to mend fences with Holly Rowe.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 08, 2023, 12:31:49 PM »
I happen to know for a fact that clams relationship with the original all American girl holly Rowe has been weighing heavily on him, to the point that he has been using several fake IDs in order to donate more plasma than is allowed so he can scape together enough $$ to travel to whatever game she is roaming the sidelines that week.

The QUAD SQUAD taking care of business and securing College GameDay (built by the Home Depot) would be great not only for this institution of higher learning but also for clams’ blood platelets (which he barely even has any right now they need time to regenerate)

Follow up question: low college game day IQ but do they do game day on tuesdays or is that just a Saturday thing?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 08, 2023, 12:36:56 PM »
I don't think anyone watches basketball GameDay, but I guess it's cool if they come to the Bram.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 08, 2023, 12:37:39 PM »
crap. We are slated for Tuesdays for both Quad Squad matchups this year.  Can the commission change that?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 08, 2023, 01:00:18 PM »
crap. We are slated for Tuesdays for both Quad Squad matchups this year.  Can the commission change that?

Pete I actually think tuesdays are the right play, here. You have to remember, conference play gets underway in January. Saturdays (in January) are for using that gym membership or cleaning out the garage or fixing that leaky faucet or whatever New Years Resolution you haven’t given up on yet. Your captive basketball watching audience is Tuesday evening.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 08, 2023, 01:40:45 PM »
Colley Matrix has Cats at #6

1. KU
2. Zona
3. Bama
4. Houston
5. Purdue
6. KSU Cats

https://www.colleyrankings.com/hcurrank.html

KSU Colley profile and similar teams ——> https://www.colleyrankings.com/scgi-bin/hteamsplot.cgi?i1=162&i2=262&i3=73&i4=203&i5=194&s=2
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 09, 2023, 09:09:03 AM »
Colley Matrix has Cats at #6

1. KU
2. Zona
3. Bama
4. Houston
5. Purdue
6. KSU Cats

https://www.colleyrankings.com/hcurrank.html

KSU Colley profile and similar teams ——> https://www.colleyrankings.com/scgi-bin/hteamsplot.cgi?i1=162&i2=262&i3=73&i4=203&i5=194&s=2
I know it is still early but these Cats seem to have the makings of a team that could be dangerous in March.