Author Topic: Bramlage Pep Rally Monday  (Read 11945 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Bramlage Pep Rally Monday
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
I interviewed the Provost once when I took DEN325 :cool:

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 07:20:44 PM »
Totally lame.  Players sat in chairs the whole time.  Wyatt said some things that weren't exciting.  They showed two videos with clips from the tourney over the same music and format as the ones they've been playing all year.  The band played a few songs that the fans don't even participate in. Frank with his kid  :love: and his speech along with Pullen's were probably the only high points.

Oh and this one large dude, while Currie was talking, shouted "STAND UP BOYS" at the players repeatedly for no apparent reason.

Made my high schools pep rallies look halfway decent.  :zzz:

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
Totally lame.  Players sat in chairs the whole time.  Wyatt said some things that weren't exciting.  They showed two videos with clips from the tourney over the same music and format as the ones they've been playing all year.  The band played a few songs that the fans don't even participate in. Frank with his kid  :love: and his speech along with Pullen's were probably the only high points.

Oh and this one large dude, while Currie was talking, shouted "STAND UP BOYS" at the players repeatedly for no apparent reason.

no, no, no, this was the best part

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

Definitely, sorry I didn't distinguish that. Was hilarious

Offline maxq

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

Agree with phicat.

Also, the size of the crowd was pretty impressive. Should be no need for attendance threads after this one.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
curtis was playing with the coach's kid.  beautiful jumper om the way
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »

It was fantastic.  Her follow through is far better than mine.

Offline cherry

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:34 PM »
The best part of it was the shot Curry took at uk. "We will never use the word entitled"
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »

The best part was when Jake mentioned him in his speech. "And the guy with in white shirt over there who really wants us to get it done"

[/quote]

:love: :love: So adorable

Offline ksu_FANw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »
chances this will be poorly planned, incredibly awkward and terrible?  off-the-charts

What will happen:

1)  pep-band
2)  Currie face time introducing Frank
3)  Frank talk (team standing awkwardly on platform in sweatsuits)
4)  (if we're lucky Pullen with some awesome quotes)
5)  if we're EXTREMELY lucky some sort of video production that does not have country or KROCK soundtrack
6)  pep-band

God I hate our athletic dept.  I will go though.

what's suppose to happen at a pep rally?  :confused:

I would prefer more pep and rally.

for instance:
Pep Band plays as people file in.

1)  house lights go out, a highlight video that is at least as good as an average poetwarrior/fatty effort, seriously you people are paid to do this, cut out the top 40 country, cut out the 101.5 awful rock music and hit us with some rap or emotionally building music like every good highlight video on youtube, this is not overly difficult considering your resources.
2)  rap music (not that crappy opening music) as players enter down the infamous dance hall/powercat tunnel over the top ridic martavious dance
3)  Over the top announcing as the team comes out to roarous applause, "Sweet 16 bound..."
4)  hold back Frank and give him the coach of the year ridic over the top applause
5)  Frank and Pullen speak
6)  surprise visit from some EMAW (at least a video from Beasley/Walker wishing us luck)
7)  Fight Song and out.

This would have been great.

The first sign it was going to be awful was when all the people sat down to watch the highlight video, followed quickly by profuse thanks to all the people involved to pull-off such an 'amazing' event. At one point while the pep band played, there was an awful interchange of looks between the players sitting in their chairs and the crowd of people wondering if this is all that was going to happen.

Some of the very few memorable moments:
1. "Coach told us we could either be on the team that turned it around, or on the team before the team that turned it around," - Energy
2. Frank giving props to his wife and the other coaches' wives
3. Jamar and Curtis yelling "fear the beard" before Pullen spoke

It felt like a very midwestern pep rally, like there should have been a potluck afterwards.  :embarrassed:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
I went. Surprised how many people EMAW's were there. Thank god that Pullen gave some cred to that fat guy in the white shirt who kept yelling.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
Listened to some on the radio, Frank said this is our time, more than Mikey did in that amazing scene in Goonies where they almost packed it all in to ride up Troys bucket.

Offline Back Door Willy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »
Listened to some on the radio, Frank said this is our time, more than Mikey did in that amazing scene in Goonies where they almost packed it all in to ride up Troys bucket.

Haha.. I thought and said the exact same thing to my girlfriend when I heard Frank saying that over and over today.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2010, 10:40:33 PM »

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
replay of the pep rally here....

http://thegamedaynetwork.com/?p=1254

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »
Good Morning, Wildcats.   Reply
Here's your thought for the week ... Enjoy!

Enjoy the 6,000-plus who took the time to show up to support the team last evening ... enjoy the national attention that's come with the Wildcats' success ... enjoy the last games our seniors will be playing for K-State ... and, for heaven's sake, enjoy these moments when the Purple Nation stands proudly on the American stage to let everyone know what's right about college basketball and our university.

Good stuff, folks ... darn good stuff.

I've never been one to relish the misery of others. That's a sure-fire way to develop a negative attitude about life.

Some of us, for far too long, have been walking around with our heads down and our hearts heavy bemoaning what we didn't have instead of celebrating what we did possess and value. We mocked and despised, ridiculed and condemned instead of doing what we've always done best ... dream big and work hard.

And then, Bill came back and Frank started rebuilding. Brad Hill took a practical approach to baseball and built his program. John Currie arrived from the land of the Vols to start a responsible dialogue with the fans, and President Schulz stepped in to re-energize the drive to academic excellence.

They didn't reinvent K-State. They didn't change the pride that was hidden beneath the baskets of our disappointment. They didn't replace the young men and women who attend our university any more than they redesigned our beautiful campus.

They simply shone a light on the accomplishments, the realities and the potentials.

There is, you see, a Wildcat Way ... an approach to community, academics, sports and life that's been there all along ... the harder path, perhaps, but the one that yields success ... the one what believes you work hard, do your best, take pride in the accomplishments of those around you and approach every day wanting to do even better ... wanting to make K-State proud of you.

If you take that path, my friends, you become a better person, an accomplished contributor, a provider, a rock for your families and communities, a leader ... and a Wildcat.

I wish this world of ours was filled with Wildcats.

Go now ... ENJOY this day ... and make K-State proud of you!

E M A W !!!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
wut
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »

it's gonna be all over the second someone rides up troy's bucket.  :frown:

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
And now let us bow our heads and pray...Lord. Please give Frank and his assistants the patients to figure out a gameplan instead of relying on hot-shooting. Give Jake and Denis the speed to get to the rim and get their players in foul trouble and the accuracy to knock down treys. Give Lou, Wally, Curtis and Jamar the strength to hit the glass and get put-back after put-back.  Give Dom the confidence to shoot when he has an open look and play D without reaching in. Give our freshman the courage to be able to step in when called and make plays. Also give Chris the ENERGY to go up for a rebound and get nailed, fall on his face, then get up slowely to the cheers of the crowd and walk back to the bench as a reminder to the rest of the team that when you are on the floor, you give it everything you have, pain and suffering can wait. In your name we pray, emaw.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

It made me feel like I was in the front yard of a cross burning, or a closed practice with Massa Seff.  Very uncomfortable but funny as hell.

Anybody seen him and his lackeys before? I figured I knew everyone that intense, but apparently winning brings new crazies out of their hole.

Offline bobby_runs

• :(
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »
I enjoyed the video that they had with clips from the past weekend set to the video we've seen all season. Did anyone record it? If not I hope it pops up on YouTube so I can show my dad.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
We could use about 12k more people like the "crazy guy.". It would put our fans right up with West Virginia (heating up coins :love: ) and the rabid NC A and T dawgpound.

Plus pep rallies would be insane.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
Crazy guy was yelling (a lot) in line outside the OOD as well.  Very EMAW and pumped up for the rally.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
We could use about 12k more people like the "crazy guy.". It would put our fans right up with West Virginia (heating up coins :love: ) and the rabid NC A and T dawgpound.

Plus pep rallies would be insane.

Bro, some of us have been heating up coins since we were old enough to heat up coins.