Author Topic: Master Dudes Thread  (Read 209866 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 03, 2022, 05:13:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/DukeDigest/status/1532400549819187202

Lil Jonny Scheyer trying to get his sallow mitts all over Tang's bag. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 03, 2022, 07:53:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/DukeDigest/status/1532400549819187202

Lil Jonny Scheyer trying to get his sallow mitts all over Tang's bag. 

Kstate staff isn’t pursuing Ramey
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 03, 2022, 07:59:14 AM »
Makes sense.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 03, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
Guys try so hard to discredit oscar
I think the last three seasons kinda did that on their own. I don’t know why this even continues to be a discussion. oscar was fired based on his record. If Tang has the same record his first three seasons you can bet his seat will be hot.

You find the same people in most Royals circles. Sure they lose 100 games most years, have an extremely poor record of developing players, especially pitchers, and consistently keep players around that should have been traded or outright released, but they won the world series 6 years ago!!!! They obviously know what they are doing!!!!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 03, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
Guys try so hard to discredit oscar
I think the last three seasons kinda did that on their own. I don’t know why this even continues to be a discussion. oscar was fired based on his record. If Tang has the same record his first three seasons you can bet his seat will be hot.

You find the same people in most Royals circles. Sure they lose 100 games most years, have an extremely poor record of developing players, especially pitchers, and consistently keep players around that should have been traded or outright released, but they won the world series 6 years ago!!!! They obviously know what they are doing!!!!
What Royals message boards are you on?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 06, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
Huge is looking forward to seeing these athletes with length in a shut down zone defense, leading the league in blocked shots, offensive and defensive rebounds and put backs. You can’t outscore us if you can’t get a shot off, or rebound your missed shot

#1 Markquis Nowell 5’8” guard
#2 Camryn Carter 6’3”guard
#3 Dorian Finister 6’5” guard
#4 Taj Manning 6’8” forward
#5  Ismael Massoud, 6’9” forward
#6 David N’Guessan, 6’9” forward
#7 Nae’Qwan Tomlin 6’10” forward
#8 Jerrel Colbert 6’10” center
Smellis the Jayhawk and the worst beat writer in the history of K State beat writers confirms Huge’s original impressions. Take that, Sprax.
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1533976889819287554?s=20&t=x-R-867_-owl1B9jQF54SQ

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 06, 2022, 10:32:25 PM »
Kellis is a shorter fellow, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the team appears that "long" to him.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 07, 2022, 08:02:10 AM »
Don’t know how good these guys will be on the court, but it sure looks like the recruiting philosophy is go for long and athletic which I can definitely get excited for

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 07, 2022, 08:11:48 AM »
I hope this idea is still around when the roster is complete so that we can compare the actual average height between it and last year's.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 07, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »
Huge is looking forward to seeing these athletes with length in a shut down zone defense, leading the league in blocked shots, offensive and defensive rebounds and put backs. You can’t outscore us if you can’t get a shot off, or rebound your missed shot

Smellis the Jayhawk and the worst beat writer in the history of K State beat writers confirms Huge’s original impressions. Take that, Sprax.
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1533976889819287554?s=20&t=x-R-867_-owl1B9jQF54SQ

Good talkers? wut?
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 07, 2022, 08:54:32 AM »
I hope this idea is still around when the roster is complete so that we can compare the actual average height between it and last year's.

I always thought "long" referred to wingspan more than height.

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 07, 2022, 09:03:31 AM »

I always took it as a combination.  Tall, lanky dudes who can touch both sides of a hallway.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 07, 2022, 09:45:24 AM »
bring on LRCOAT

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 07, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 07, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »

Good talkers? wut?

You really don't know what that means?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: June 07, 2022, 12:59:00 PM »

I always took it as a combination.  Tall, lanky dudes who can touch both sides of a hallway.

"long" in basketball is measured kL/r, where k is inseam, L is height, and r is waist

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 07, 2022, 12:59:59 PM »
Kellis almost certainly deleted well-spoken before going with good talkers.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 07, 2022, 01:53:21 PM »
I get what you're saying but... I've seen similar sentiments about white athletes, and to a broader sense young adults in general. I think there's an underlying feeling among many middle-age and older people that high school kids aren't always the best at communicating in an intelligent, retrospective manner. Or maybe he's racist, who knows?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 07, 2022, 03:59:29 PM »
Kellis almost certainly deleted well-spoken before going with good talkers.

those don't mean the same thing. A good talker, in media parlance, is someone who is a good quote, something to say, one who is gregarious. Nijel Pack is well spoken, but he was not a good talker.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 07, 2022, 04:01:09 PM »
I get what you're saying but... I've seen similar sentiments about white athletes, and to a broader sense young adults in general. I think there's an underlying feeling among many middle-age and older people that high school kids aren't always the best at communicating in an intelligent, retrospective manner. Or maybe he's racist, who knows?

I think about my media interactions in high school and they were so cringy. Yes, that's a fanningbrag.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 07, 2022, 07:37:11 PM »

I think about my media interactions in high school and they were so cringy. Yes, that's a fanningbrag.
YES!! Many of us greatly benefitted from the scarcity of smart phones, social media, digital cameras and internet. I feel bad for kids today.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 07, 2022, 09:44:51 PM »

Good talkers? wut?

You really don't know what that means?

I really don't, sorry.  Not trying to be a smart-ass.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 07, 2022, 10:06:19 PM »

in fairness, no one is at their best right after being arrested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3tkFOtM6go

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 07, 2022, 10:36:23 PM »
The subtlety is appreciated.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 08, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »

[tweet]1533976889819287554[/tweet]?s=20&t=x-R-867_-owl1B9jQF54SQ
If you don’t believe me and Smellis, take it from my good friend and former boss, Fitz.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqy52xOE4wI