Author Topic: Master Dudes Thread  (Read 207863 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #1150 on: June 01, 2022, 05:03:34 PM »
ALL THESE DUDES SUCK!  :don'tcare:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 01, 2022, 05:14:38 PM »
I'm holding out hope all these dudes are like one of my favorite Wildcat transfer Curtis Kelly.  Average 2pts/2reb per game and come to Manhattan to put up 12pts/6reb per game.   :gocho:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 01, 2022, 05:19:31 PM »
Well by default they will get more ppg\rpg because they will have to be on the court.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 01, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »
I'd love to know who the premature signal was about.

I thought I saw he reoffered a player that was oscar-cruit.  I'm sure there are less damning reasons possible, but l assume that they pulled it thinking they could do better and then decided to reoffer as they missed on some dudes.

It was nguessan the whole time, tang and the gang just tweet it out when they take the commitment. The commit can announce on their own timeline so the casual follower is left confused.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #1154 on: June 01, 2022, 05:27:28 PM »
Well by default they will get more ppg\rpg because they will have to be on the court.

Yeah low BBIQ here, but I don’t really understand talking about a transfer’s ppg unless they played as a starter.

If the criticism is that they weren’t good enough to be a starter at the school they transferred from them fine, but it seems like other than coaching changes, lack of seeing the floor despite confidence in your abilities is the #1 reason you would transfer in the first place.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 01, 2022, 05:37:38 PM »
Huge is looking forward to seeing these athletes with length in a shut down zone defense, leading the league in blocked shots, offensive and defensive rebounds and put backs. You can’t outscore us if you can’t get a shot off, or rebound your missed shot

#1 Markquis Nowell 5’8” guard
#2 Camryn Carter 6’3”guard
#3 Dorian Finister 6’5” guard
#4 Taj Manning 6’8” forward
#5  Ismael Massoud, 6’9” forward
#6 David N’Guessan, 6’9” forward
#7 Nae’Qwan Tomlin 6’10” forward
#8 Jerrel Colbert 6’10” center

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 01, 2022, 05:40:24 PM »
Manning is a legit 6'8", but Massoud is 6'6" at best, N'Guessan is more like 6'5", and Tomlin is also about 6'6". I haven't seen Colbert in person, so I can't rightly say.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 01, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
These dudes are unpolished gems and Coach Tang is just the lapidary we need to bring out their shine on the b-ball court.  There's a reason he's called the lovable lapidary when you talk to insiders around the biz.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 01, 2022, 05:42:22 PM »
ALL THESE DUDES SUCK!  :don'tcare:
Better watch your ass, SD! They’ll come for you!

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 01, 2022, 05:51:52 PM »
Manning is a legit 6'8", but Massoud is 6'6" at best, N'Guessan is more like 6'5", and Tomlin is also about 6'6". I haven't seen Colbert in person, so I can't rightly say.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 01, 2022, 05:59:24 PM »

I'm 6'6", so when I see players in person, I'm an excellent judge of relative heights.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 01, 2022, 06:04:39 PM »
Huge is looking forward to seeing these athletes with length in a shut down zone defense, leading the league in blocked shots, offensive and defensive rebounds and put backs. You can’t outscore us if you can’t get a shot off, or rebound your missed shot

#1 Markquis Nowell 5’8” guard
#2 Camryn Carter 6’3”guard
#3 Dorian Finister 6’5” guard
#4 Taj Manning 6’8” forward
#5  Ismael Massoud, 6’9” forward
#6 David N’Guessan, 6’9” forward
#7 Nae’Qwan Tomlin 6’10” forward
#8 Jerrel Colbert 6’10” center

3 and 4 are redshirting
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 01, 2022, 06:15:50 PM »

I'm 6'6", so when I see players in person, I'm an excellent judge of relative heights.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 01, 2022, 07:13:09 PM »

You know I’m just messing with you sprax. I appreciate your insight. I suppose you’re gonna tell me that Marquis Nowell isn’t really 5’8”. I was hoping we would get away from small ball this year, Especially when you need some shooters play small ball.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 01, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »

You know I’m just messing with you sprax. I appreciate your insight. I suppose you’re gonna tell me that Marquis Nowell isn’t really 5’8”. I was hoping we would get away from small ball this year, Especially when you need some shooters play small ball.

Actually, near as I can tell, he appears closer to 5'10". Not sure why they're sandbagging him. Chip on shoulder? Strategic advantage?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 01, 2022, 08:15:33 PM »
Oh Hell Yeah! The dude never missed in this video!  If only I could get a picture of him standing next to Sprrax. If I had to guess, I would have him at 6 foot 7 1/2 inches without shoes.

https://twitter.com/CBB_Europe/status/1520043316884254720?s=20&t=COl8XcGNnMwU54BOk6Cnvg

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 01, 2022, 08:59:59 PM »
Tang has underdelivered so far based on his own self-created hype, but you cannot watch that highlight reel and say that we've had a player taller than 6-foot-5 in the entirety of oscar Weber's tenure with those skills (ability to post up, hit a 10+ foot jumper and possess a good deal of athleticism) other than Claws.

Will that matter? I have no idea. But this kid's highlight reel shows more ability than pretty much every forward/big oscar ever landed other than Wade.

Good example - remember Antonio Gordon? Two years ago, he started most of the time and averaged 4.9 ppg and 4.6 rpg. He transfers down to a 19-15 Southeastern Louisiana team last year that plays in one of the worst conferences in the country and his numbers go down across the board.

Would you rather have the 3 ppg kid from NCAA tourney team Va Tech? Or the 3 ppg kid from Southeastern Louisiana?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 01, 2022, 09:26:08 PM »
all this height talk is making me 6'-2" my stomach

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 01, 2022, 09:43:20 PM »
I don't want my elite scouting report to fall into the wrong hands (Sill Belf), so keep this hush hush. He really likes to drive with his right hand. If his left hand works, he's got some legit game I think.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 02, 2022, 01:36:26 AM »
Tang has underdelivered so far based on his own self-created hype, but you cannot watch that highlight reel and say that we've had a player taller than 6-foot-5 in the entirety of oscar Weber's tenure with those skills (ability to post up, hit a 10+ foot jumper and possess a good deal of athleticism) other than Claws.

Will that matter? I have no idea. But this kid's highlight reel shows more ability than pretty much every forward/big oscar ever landed other than Wade.

Good example - remember Antonio Gordon? Two years ago, he started most of the time and averaged 4.9 ppg and 4.6 rpg. He transfers down to a 19-15 Southeastern Louisiana team last year that plays in one of the worst conferences in the country and his numbers go down across the board.

Would you rather have the 3 ppg kid from NCAA tourney team Va Tech? Or the 3 ppg kid from Southeastern Louisiana?

i'd rather the coach that can coach up a 3ppg kid at a terrible program into someone who can be a bottom third but not totally sucky big 12 player.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 02, 2022, 08:04:34 AM »

Westicles would like a word

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2022, 08:10:26 AM »
I'd love to know who the premature signal was about.

I thought I saw he reoffered a player that was oscar-cruit.  I'm sure there are less damning reasons possible, but l assume that they pulled it thinking they could do better and then decided to reoffer as they missed on some dudes.

It was nguessan the whole time, tang and the gang just tweet it out when they take the commitment. The commit can announce on their own timeline so the casual follower is left confused.

The most recent one, I figured that.  He sent one out a few weeks ago (not his daughter's either) that he referred to in some interview as the player changed his mind or wasn't a good fit.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2022, 09:02:04 AM »
ITK nuggie for all you hungry fight on state win win win go purple hoopsketcat fans:  Read that Tang and Co. Ltd. are currently the favorites to land Courtney Ramey.  The purveyor of said succulent nugg was one of the Illinois itkers who was right about all that crap I post in my Illinois thread that is beloved around these parts.  So get those dicks warmed up probably!?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2022, 09:07:36 AM »
ITK nuggie for all you hungry fight on state win win win go purple hoopsketcat fans:  Read that Tang and Co. Ltd. are currently the favorites to land Courtney Ramey.  The purveyor of said succulent nugg was one of the Illinois itkers who was right about all that crap I post in my Illinois thread that is beloved around these parts.  So get those dicks warmed up probably!?

:lightsaber:

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2022, 09:12:27 AM »

Westicles would like a word

Westicles couldn't shoot when he got on campus (and didn't really develop that skill until his senior year) and was a role player until his junior year. If anything, this is a guy with more baseline skills who could develop into a player at or above Westicles's level. Will that happen? Who knows. But this isn't a trash-level player with no business having a D1 scholarship like so many of oscar's recruits.