Author Topic: Master Dudes Thread  (Read 211646 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #1025 on: May 12, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »
I don’t think we have a shitty donor base tho
Compared to most P6's and NIL, we are probably on the bottom half.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 12, 2022, 10:53:20 AM »
"Apartments.com"?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 12, 2022, 10:54:15 AM »
Colbert Tomlins and Carter is on par with Nowell, Massoud and Smith.  If that’s all the better talent we end up with we are going to be finishing closer to the bottom than the top again.

they have more potential, but massoud scored 3x more points than colbert and carter combined in their freshman years.

colbert has only scored 2 more points in his college career than i have.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 12, 2022, 11:53:42 AM »
Colbert Tomlins and Carter is on par with Nowell, Massoud and Smith.  If that’s all the better talent we end up with we are going to be finishing closer to the bottom than the top again.

Massoud wouldn’t have played a single minute for LSU.  Look at who Colbert was playing behind.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 12, 2022, 11:58:21 AM »
How many points they score is irrelevant. For that matter, so is if they ever even play in a game. The only thing that matters is that they are Dudes.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 12, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »

Massoud wouldn’t have played a single minute for LSU.  Look at who Colbert was playing behind.

he scored 2 points in 27 minutes against complete scrubs. tang loves massoud, if he wouldn't have played a single minute for lsu then we are screwed.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 12, 2022, 12:42:40 PM »

he scored 2 points in 27 minutes against complete scrubs. tang loves massoud, if he wouldn't have played a single minute for lsu then we are screwed.

Do you think Massoud will play more or less minutes this year vs last year?  You clearly didn’t look at the 2021-2022 LSU roster.  Colbert would have played(and scored) plenty for the 2021-2022 cats.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 12, 2022, 12:45:05 PM »
This crap by wacky and stunted is so incredibly stupid, it's hard to believe it's sincere.

Nowell transferred a year ago, we can literally go back and see the reaction on the board. No one knew he was going to have any impact at all. A 5'6" backup point guard who quit a 10th place Sun Belt team because he wasn't getting enough playing time.

Ish wasn't a starter, he started 8 of 53 games. He started those 8 games for a team who won 9 conference games in 2 years in the 5th or 6th best power conference.

Missouri fans were openly mocking us for taking Mark Smith, we hoped we would win the "trade," hoped.

What Massoud was could have been predicted, Smith and Nowell were complete shots in the dark, again we have to go back like three pages on this board to see the truth behind this asinine narrative.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 12, 2022, 12:49:29 PM »
jerrell is listed as center and the guy in front of him was a center averaging 6 points a game. shaq's son who had heart surgery got more minutes than him.

doesn't change the fact that he scored 2 points total against powerhouses like northwestern state, belmont, mcneese, ul monroe. massoud has done better against actual competition.

i like him but he's a project.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 12, 2022, 12:53:57 PM »
Are you guys worried we're going to finish worse than last place?  There's no where to go but up.  This isn't like when oscar took over and we had something to lose.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 12, 2022, 12:57:41 PM »
This crap by wacky and stunted is so incredibly stupid, it's hard to believe it's sincere.

Nowell transferred a year ago, we can literally go back and see the reaction on the board. No one knew he was going to have any impact at all. A 5'6" backup point guard who quit a 10th place Sun Belt team because he wasn't getting enough playing time.

Ish wasn't a starter, he started 8 of 53 games. He started those 8 games for a team who won 9 conference games in 2 years in the 5th or 6th best power conference.

Missouri fans were openly mocking us for taking Mark Smith, we hoped we would win the "trade," hoped.

What Massoud was could have been predicted, Smith and Nowell were complete shots in the dark, again we have to go back like three pages on this board to see the truth behind this asinine narrative.

i was excited about them, less with massoud. i thought we were going to win 20 games with their help. unfortunately nobody besides pack showed up.

i think it's incredibly stupid to say a guy who scored 2 points in 4 games against scrubs is going to be better than massoud, an average big 12 player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 12, 2022, 01:07:40 PM »

i was excited about them, less with massoud. i thought we were going to win 20 games with their help. unfortunately nobody besides pack showed up.

i think it's incredibly stupid to say a guy who scored 2 points in 4 games against scrubs is going to be better than massoud, an average big 12 player.

I'm not arguing that at all, I have no idea if he's going to be good or not. You are overstating what Massoud was when he was at WF. While I have argued over and over again that Massoud is an average college basketball player, that does not equate to a Big 12 starter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 12, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »

I was ecstatic AF with our transfers last year. Look it up, MIR.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 12, 2022, 01:54:10 PM »

I was ecstatic AF with our transfers last year. Look it up, MIR.

I'm not talking about what individuals were excited about whom. You being excited about those guys and down on these guys perfectly tracks the narrative that chongs is talking about and why I don't think this skepticism is legitimate. Since April of 2012 you felt as if you need to balance the negativity towards oscar, stunted has been doing the same for the last two years. You guys are shouting down people in this thread like chicat, willie, chum, and rusty who weren't never Brucers to seemingly make some point, even running down a website that couldn't care less about oscar Weber narratives. Y'all are being super weird and very much like Pit only dax, and I don't get it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 12, 2022, 01:59:43 PM »
We're recruiting the same level of dudes. It's ok to say it out loud. I have a hard time seeing posters who crap on oscar for 10 years, act like we're recreating the wheel now that it's a different guy doing it. I literally thought by the way he talked early on, he had a shelf of dudes he had been saving for the right opportunity. I was wrong.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 02:08:19 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 12, 2022, 02:01:15 PM »
People played the "I told you so" game for a decade of K-State Basketball and now we can't be objective with the new guy? Got it!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 12, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »
I honestly think we all agree that the three they have so far are basically decent upside players that probably are on par with the transfers we got last year.  We need two more players at a minimum that are higher upside players to get much better than we were last year I think.  I was hoping that was going to be Davis and Julian Phillips but maybe it still manifests in other players.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 12, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
Wacky did you say 'recreating water'?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 12, 2022, 02:06:17 PM »
I honestly think we all agree that the three they have so far are basically decent upside players that probably are on par with the transfers we got last year.  We need two more players at a minimum that are higher upside players to get much better than we were last year I think.  I was hoping that was going to be Davis and Julian Phillips but maybe it still manifests in other players.
Agreed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 12, 2022, 02:15:12 PM »
Julian Phillips committed to Tennessee. He indicated that he made his mind up when he visited them "a few months ago." I wonder if he brought the other schools in to see if he could get a lucrative NIL deal from one of them.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 12, 2022, 02:19:25 PM »
oscar was "fine" as a recruiter but he sucked ass at coaching.  It doesn't matter who you bring in if they don't develop, or just leave.  I think that most people are hopeful that even with similar recruits, Tang will be able to get more out of them, as he showed at Baylor. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 12, 2022, 02:20:17 PM »
One more edit Wacks, it's 'reinventing the wheel'.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 12, 2022, 02:20:40 PM »
Agreed

I'm glad you agree with that, but this conversation started with you agreeing with stunted saying the opposite.

I know a lot of these dudes stopped following recruiting out of protest for Frank, but like, these guys aren’t dudes. They’re guys, but not elevating guys.

nowell, smith, even massoud are better transfers than what we have this year so far.
Easily and it's not even close.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 12, 2022, 02:23:21 PM »
Well, we did discuss that they actually had some stats coming in to get excited about. If Tang can bring in a few more dudes like that, i'll be pleased.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 12, 2022, 02:27:35 PM »
It's been a month and a half. Can't wait to see what these dudes can do when they aren't also dealing with relocation, buying/selling houses and putting together an entire staff.