Author Topic: when will goEMAW move on?  (Read 3710 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: when will goEMAW move on?
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
Frank left.  He landed a better job and he isn't coming back.  It is time to move on.

You really think South Carolina is a better job than K-State?

talk to frank

Just because he left becuase him and Currie didn't get along doesn't mean South Carolina is a better job. They aren't even close.

They are close.

How?

catzacker

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
We're 3-ish years away from losing to UMKC by 40.

By the end of that game, I was cheering for UMKC.  I wanted them to drop 100 on us as I thought if they did, maybe we'd be embarassed enough to fire him.  It took two more seasons. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »
We're 3-ish years away from losing to UMKC by 40.

By the end of that game, I was cheering for UMKC.  I wanted them to drop 100 on us as I thought if they did, maybe we'd be embarassed enough to fire him.  It took two more seasons. 

Same here. Unbelievable he lasted another 2 seasons.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
It will take me awhile to move on from Frank. I barely have some childhood memories of Lon Kruger keeping it real at K-State, but they are few and become fuzzier as time wears on. I really got into basketball when Altman was head coach here, not because Altman was great, but because I was finally old enough to care about sports. I was then treated to Asbury and Wooly. I stayed incredibly loyal the entire time. I wore my KSU stuff to school in Lawrence every time we hooked it up on the hardwood with KU. I bought every preseason basketball rag I could get my hands on, even though I knew we would barely get a paragraph. I attended NIT games like it was my rough ridin' job. I was forced to try and rationalize our recruiting, and how it was going to end up in something other than total crap basketball the next year. I even attended every rough ridin' non-con game of the Wooly era. I have paid my dues, and one day fortune smiled upon me, and that crazy bastard Wefald brought Huggins to K-State. Huggins hired Frank and destiny was set in motion. It was the best 5 years of my life. I felt like I had been rewarded by Karma for my loyalty that bordered on insanity. Now, Frank is gone, and I have to watch oscar rough ridin' Weber trot that abortion of an offense onto the floor every game. I have to watch the seniors that thrived under Frank, become absolute shells of themselves as basketball players. I have to watch Nino Williams play power forward. I still have a framed photo of Frank in my room, right over my  Frank Martin signed basketball. Frank fell into our laps, and a rough ridin' Scrooge-like miser from Tennessee made his life so miserable that he moved to South Carolina, a state where I'm not even sure that Cuban-Americans are allowed to vote yet. So, in conclusion, YOU'RE rough ridin' RIGHT THAT I'M NOT OVER FRANK MARTIN YET, AND I WON'T BE UNTIL oscar WEBER SUCKS EVERY LAST BIT OF MY ABILITY TO CARE OUT OF MY EMAW BODY. Fvck Currie, Fvck Weber! Viva La Revolucion! Team Frank till I die motherfuckers!!!
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Everyone has moved on from frank, what a garbage thread.

I haven't and I won't.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:01 AM »
what does it mean to move on? we still talk about wooly and asbury and altman and huggy and kruger and cotton fitzpatrick.

he is forever a part of us.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
I willk deFrank as soon as we have a coach and/or program that causes me to be ok with not having Frank. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »
It will take me awhile to move on from Frank. I barely have some childhood memories of Lon Kruger keeping it real at K-State, but they are few and become fuzzier as time wears on. I really got into basketball when Altman was head coach here, not because Altman was great, but because I was finally old enough to care about sports. I was then treated to Asbury and Wooly. I stayed incredibly loyal the entire time. I wore my KSU stuff to school in Lawrence every time we hooked it up on the hardwood with KU. I bought every preseason basketball rag I could get my hands on, even though I knew we would barely get a paragraph. I attended NIT games like it was my rough ridin' job. I was forced to try and rationalize our recruiting, and how it was going to end up in something other than total crap basketball the next year. I even attended every rough ridin' non-con game of the Wooly era. I have paid my dues, and one day fortune smiled upon me, and that crazy bastard Wefald brought Huggins to K-State. Huggins hired Frank and destiny was set in motion. It was the best 5 years of my life. I felt like I had been rewarded by Karma for my loyalty that bordered on insanity. Now, Frank is gone, and I have to watch oscar rough ridin' Weber trot that abortion of an offense onto the floor every game. I have to watch the seniors that thrived under Frank, become absolute shells of themselves as basketball players. I have to watch Nino Williams play power forward. I still have a framed photo of Frank in my room, right over my  Frank Martin signed basketball. Frank fell into our laps, and a rough ridin' Scrooge-like miser from Tennessee made his life so miserable that he moved to South Carolina, a state where I'm not even sure that Cuban-Americans are allowed to vote yet. So, in conclusion, YOU'RE rough ridin' RIGHT THAT I'M NOT OVER FRANK MARTIN YET, AND I WON'T BE UNTIL oscar WEBER SUCKS EVERY LAST BIT OF MY ABILITY TO CARE OUT OF MY EMAW BODY. Fvck Currie, Fvck Weber! Viva La Revolucion! Team Frank till I die motherfuckers!!!

ha ha, I liked this post

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
So, in conclusion, YOU'RE rough ridin' RIGHT THAT I'M NOT OVER FRANK MARTIN YET, AND I WON'T BE UNTIL oscar WEBER SUCKS EVERY LAST BIT OF MY ABILITY TO CARE OUT OF MY EMAW BODY.

Could be the word.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
Its one thing to lose, its another to be soft and noncompetitive.

Kim,
In describing the terrible winter of oscar, we reflexively grab for the warm blanket of Frank talking points.  The blanket its threadbare, and the winter is still cold.

Sincerely,
KK

For those of us who missed the game this weekend (I was out camping), these two posts should make your blood run cold.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »

^ a lot of this

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »

ha ha, I liked this post

:blush:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »

ha ha, I liked this post

Should be seen by Schultz, not that he'd give a crap.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
Schultzy is as #TeamCurrie as it gets and it seems to be more than just backing up his guy.  He seems to actually agree with and enjoy the loss of Frank and the addition of oscar ShittyBB Weber

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
Kim,
In describing the terrible winter of oscar, we reflexively grab for the warm blanket of Frank talking points.  The blanket its threadbare, and the winter is still cold.

Sincerely,
KK

Should be the board's new name (for indefinite time frame, or until oscar Weber departs K-State, whichever is sooner).

I don't think I can take years of Jekyl & Hyde 1st half/2nd half performances like Gonzaga & Michigan. Please end it soon! I feel so bad for Rodney & JO.  :bawl:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.