Author Topic: Am I old?  (Read 7570 times)

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Am I old?
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
You're an adult at 28 but sure as hell not old. It's Probably one of the best ages you can be.  If you look at pro athletes that is about your peak age physically.   Also if you're single it gives you a large window of girls to date.  Once you hit 30 some girls in the early 20's start cutting you off.  If I could pick an age and stay that way for the rest of my life 28 would probably be my choice. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »
people who are 28 are huge dumbasses and know nothing about life, fwiw.  after you hit 30 you start becoming less of a dumbass.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »
There are like one or two smart people in this thread. The rest of you are a bunch of pussies.
28 old?......pfft.
:cyclist:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
My dad just turned 39 and he said it's kind of depressing and he's pretty much staring his 40's in the face.

So no, Fanning, embrace your late 20's while you still can cuz it's a great time and not old at all.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
Oldness confirmed by medical professional.

Saw the doc about the hamstring I f'ed this weekend.  He asked me how I did it and I told him that it was on a treadmill but that I went a head and did my other exercises as long as they didn't give me hamstring pain.  I told him squats, lunges, etc.  He said that I should consider never doing squats or lunges ever again and that this has noting to do with my hamstring.  I looked at him weird and started to tell him that I thought it odd my doc was telling me to stop working out in certain ways.  He cut me off: "....how old are you getting to be (looks back at chart)..oh yeah, 34, you should seriously stop doing squats and lunges.  No good will come of it."

:surprised:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

Saw the doc about the hamstring I f'ed this weekend.  He asked me how I did it and I told him that it was on a treadmill but that I went a head and did my other exercises as long as they didn't give me hamstring pain.  I told him squats, lunges, etc.  He said that I should consider never doing squats or lunges ever again and that this has noting to do with my hamstring.  I looked at him weird and started to tell him that I thought it odd my doc was telling me to stop working out in certain ways.  He cut me off: "....how old are you getting to be (looks back at chart)..oh yeah, 34, you should seriously stop doing squats and lunges.  No good will come of it."

lol wut?

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »

I'm convinced your doctor is an idiot when it comes to this.  Both excersices work your hamstrings and at a spry 34 you're not old enough to where squats are going to cause any damage as long as you are using proper form.  I hope you at least got some decent painkillers out of all this.  Are you stretching before and after you workout?
@lopakman

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Maybe it's a giant problem?  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
I f'ed it up on a sprint sesh on the treadmill.  Nothing to do with my lifts and I was able to do them fine as I have for like forever. 

The doc said that they medical community are finding that squats and lunges do long term things to everyone and that continuing to do them is not smart "especially if you are already in your mid thirties".

Sounds completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to me. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Maybe it's a giant problem?  :dunno:

No, denied.  He mentioned nothing of the sort and said it was an everyone problem.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Am I old?
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
people who are 28 are huge dumbasses and know nothing about life, fwiw.  after you hit 30 you start becoming less of a dumbass.
I know a lot of old people that say their 30s are the best time of their life.  I don't believe them, and they sound like they are in complete denial.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »
The doc said that they medical community are finding that squats and lunges do long term things to everyone and that continuing to do them is not smart "especially if you are already in your mid thirties".

that sounds accurate, actually.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
My dad just turned 39.

that's amazing and horrifying (unless you're 6).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 11:26:55 PM »

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:42 AM »

This should go in the political facebook posts/twitter thread.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »
My dad just turned 39 and he said it's kind of depressing and he's pretty much staring his 40's in the face.

So no, Fanning, embrace your late 20's while you still can cuz it's a great time and not old at all.

:dubious:
@mikec2w

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 09:32:48 AM »
I f'ed it up on a sprint sesh on the treadmill.  Nothing to do with my lifts and I was able to do them fine as I have for like forever. 

Did he suggest any alternatives or are 30-year-olds just supposed to live with pussy legs?  Also, is he fit?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »

Did he suggest any alternatives or are 30-year-olds just supposed to live with pussy legs?  Also, is he fit?

This was my thought, too. If he isn't giving you an alternative to strengthen your legs, he sounds like a dumbass based on these two message board posts.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »

He is very fit.

I asked the same thing.  He said that everyone should stop the leg workout and spend a bunch more time running, biking, or looking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) on the elliptical.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »
Pure running seems way worse for your knees than a properly done lunge or squat.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »
Pure running seems way worse for your knees than a properly done lunge or squat.

Yeah, it's full of WTF.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:37 AM »

Yeah, it's full of WTF.

I'm sold.  I'm off leg lifts from now on.  In fact, I'm going to take it to the next level and just get a wheelchair.  My knees will be in tremendous shape.  When I'm 60, I'll still have the knee cartilage of a 30-year-old.  Enjoy your replacement knees dipshits. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »
Fwiw I stopped doing leg workouts since I left college. I mean I run and jump rope and stuff, but eff that. I hate leg workouts.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Am I old?
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »
Fwiw I stopped doing leg workouts since I left college. I mean I run and jump rope and stuff, but eff that. I hate leg workouts.

One of those guys, huh? :rolleyes:
:adios:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 10:48:06 AM »
My dad just turned 39.

that's amazing and horrifying (unless you're 6).

Not 6, I'm 14.  Thought everyone on this board was in junior high/early high school.  Except for Pissclams who's that cool edgy older kid.