Author Topic: Grumblings  (Read 2640 times)

Offline bigdavefreemaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
Grumblings
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »
Uncofirmed rumors that a local LDS chruch was chalked. Details to follow.  :users:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:37:19 AM by bigdavefreemaw »

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Grumblings
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
 :cheese:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
....and now, we take the fight to their homeland!   :curse:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
I felt like Ed Norton in Fight Club when I got these reports last night.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
:love:

God bless those kstateriots.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

It won't be much of a fight.  They'll ask you if you're interested in going to the 'Temple' and listening to their 'choir'.

Seriously, for those of you that go, SLC is a weird, weird place.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »

It won't be much of a fight.  They'll ask you if you're interested in going to the 'Temple' and listening to their 'choir'.

Salt Lake City does not seem like a fun place to visit.  If you have the cash, go see that Cats and stuff....but geesh, talk about being pissed that you had to go to freakin' Salt Lake City instead of St. Louis or Houston. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »

Salt Lake City does not seem like a fun place to visit.  If you have the cash, go see that Cats and stuff....but geesh, talk about being pissed that you had to go to freakin' Salt Lake City instead of St. Louis or Houston. 

Take your Garmin if you go.  They have the weirdest street layout ever.

The four streets around the main temple are named by cardinal direction (i.e. North Temple, South Temple, etc.).  Every street there is a number in an increment of 100.  So, if you live on the southeast part of town, it's like, "Hey, I live on the corner of 1900 E, 1500 S".

Also, the bars suck, the food is meh, and everyone smiles.  All of the time.  It's like that Soundgarden video, but set in the mountains.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

My brother and my cousin took a road trip from Houston to Seattle one time and stopped in SLC for lunch. Said that it was a surprisingly dirty, dingy, sh*tty place. Trash every where, busted building, graffiti, etc. They couldn't wait to get the hell out. Kind of odd considering you'd think the Mormons would be clean people.  :dunno:

I can understand big cities been in shoddy shape, but at least they have something to offer. SLC doesn't have that privilege it seems.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:14 PM »
You can get booze there so it's not all bad.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
You can get booze there so it's not all bad.

Stick with beer because they have some goofy liquor laws.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:02:56 PM »

My brother and my cousin took a road trip from Houston to Seattle one time and stopped in SLC for lunch. Said that it was a surprisingly dirty, dingy, sh*tty place. Trash every where, busted building, graffiti, etc. They couldn't wait to get the hell out. Kind of odd considering you'd think the Mormons would be clean people.  :dunno:

I can understand big cities been in shoddy shape, but at least they have something to offer. SLC doesn't have that privilege it seems.
I thought it was pretty sterile when I was there.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »

I think its pretty obvious most mormons aren't sterile.  Like rabbits they are.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »
Was just driving through there yesterday. Thought it was really pretty as you drive in from the east but really ugly on the west side. The salt lake looked disgusting and the rest of the state is a hellhole. Speed limit is 75 though.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »
I'd much rather visit SLC than St. Louis or Houston. 

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »

Just going off secondhand info. That was about 10 years ago, IIRC. It might have improved.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
Was just driving through there yesterday. Thought it was really pretty as you drive in from the east but really ugly on the west side. The salt lake looked disgusting and the rest of the state is a hellhole. Speed limit is 75 though.

cafe borrone tuesday? lmk.