Author Topic: A proposal: (fatty tribute video)  (Read 7144 times)

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A proposal: (fatty tribute video)
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
One of my personal favorites of fatty's was a nebraska video he made to Bling Confessions of a King by the Killers. Fatty was a Killers fan and there are many songs that would be appropriate.  :dunno:

Agreed.  Was just thinking the same thing.

Here is that one: 

Found a few other Killers ones he did as well.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:06:25 PM by Barry McCockner »
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 08:08:13 PM »
JFC some of the song suggestions.  FFF had U2 and Louis Armstrong songs in his video.  At least try to keep it in the same ballpark in terms of classiness and relevancy.
Maybe a Randy Newman tune would be a better fit?  Maybe some Eric Clapton?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
Looking back at that now...the amount of effort he put into accumulating all that footage and assembling it with the tools that were available back then is amazing. That's what made it special. Incredible amount of effort.

With the tools available today you should make something that is a whole lot better.

Fatty had an incredible amount of footage accumulated.  I hope that it isn't lost forever.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »
I started a thread like this and got yelled at for it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
Still Haven't Found What I'm looking for for 2009-2011. Beautiful Day for 2012.

2011 was pretty great imo. 

Also, the song in this video     No Cars Go by Arcade Fire is great

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »

Let me break it down for you, nicname. 2011 WAS great, but we were looking for an NC, and we didn't find it (just like in '09 and '10). Hence, we still didn't find what we were looking for. Win we win it in 2012, it will be a beautiful day (for Felix Rex, it will be a beautiful night for the rest of us).

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

Let me break it down for you, nicname. 2011 WAS great, but we were looking for an NC, and we didn't find it (just like in '09 and '10). Hence, we still didn't find what we were looking for. Win we win it in 2012, it will be a beautiful day (for Felix Rex, it will be a beautiful night for the rest of us).

yeah, I get it

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A proposal: (please don't kill me)
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »

Offline Booze_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
I want to see this song and for the first 30 seconds it's Just the Ron Prince years and his downfall and then when the bass drum kicks in *BOOM* LHC Bill Snyder and the Wildest Wild Cats with snippets of the crowd going nuts in the background and Gus Johnson's quote: "Still on his feet... Chris Harper, THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP!"

Do you work how ever you want it, but I want that song.

This sounds great and I have only had three Boulevard Wheat beers.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
JFC some of the song suggestions.  FFF had U2 and Louis Armstrong songs in his video.  At least try to keep it in the same ballpark in terms of classiness and relevancy.
Maybe a Randy Newman tune would be a better fit?  Maybe some Eric Clapton?

How about something not rough ridin' stupid?
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
Maybe a Randy Newman tune would be a better fit?
  :runaway:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »
i've always thought "all these things that i have done" would've made for a good fatty vid.

also think the U2 ones mentioned would be great.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Houcat

• Combo-Fan
  • Dazed and Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
When did he do the first one?

The original one was the best and it's long gone due to copyright bs. It was mostly this one but I remember he had all the audio from the the announcers. This replacement was just a hacked up job with the audio all messed up. The U2 version is a lot different and included a lot of Ron Prince.

Just use it as inspiration and make a new one.

I think the orginal was exactly the one you linked, but with the audio intact.  It had the U2 music like the "U2 version", but instead of the Louis Armstrong song, it had a version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"....and, of course, the commentators dialogue.

I definitely like the idea of the sequel that would mesh with the original, but if anything were to be done to the birth video, it should be to restore the orginal version.  Just my thoughts.

Yosh,

Your comment made me think about a copy I made of "The Birth of Kansas State Football" back in 2007.  Is this the version you were thinking about?  Is this the original?

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 10:40:10 PM »

The original one was the best and it's long gone due to copyright bs. It was mostly this one but I remember he had all the audio from the the announcers. This replacement was just a hacked up job with the audio all messed up. The U2 version is a lot different and included a lot of Ron Prince.

I think the orginal was exactly the one you linked, but with the audio intact.  It had the U2 music like the "U2 version", but instead of the Louis Armstrong song, it had a version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"....and, of course, the commentators dialogue.

I definitely like the idea of the sequel that would mesh with the original, but if anything were to be done to the birth video, it should be to restore the orginal version.  Just my thoughts.

Yosh,

Your comment made me think about a copy I made of "The Birth of Kansas State Football" back in 2007.  Is this the version you were thinking about?  Is this the original?

Oh my God. That's it. I never thought I would see it again.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 11:01:35 PM »

Yosh,

Yeah, that's the one.   :thumbsup:  Whatever happens, this one should be protected.  The "sequel" should pick up where this left off (2007)

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

Yosh,

Yeah, that's the one.   :thumbsup:  Whatever happens, this one should be protected.  The "sequel" should pick up where this left off (2007)

I've had that version bookmarked since then.

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/birth-of-kansas-state/9QbJt1KlsJF6HFiVU8px8w

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
i've always thought "all these things that i have done" would've made for a good fatty vid.

Yeah. This would be good.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

Yeah. This would be good.

+2
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 11:33:18 PM »
Ever since 1993 I've wanted to do a KSU video like fatty's birth of KSU football to this song.  I've always pictured it in my head how it would go.  But I never had the skillz.

Please don't mind the marching band stuff. :)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »
Do a new one, in the absolute style of fff's original.  Pre-1989 despair now being the end of the Prince regime, and DOD2 being the good part.  Use unique media clips and the same sort of edits/transitions fatty did.

IMO.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

He used that for a Prince-era vid.