Author Topic: Upset Sic'em  (Read 10062 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Upset Sic'em
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »
You know Zacker is a lot like my old dad.  He loved to argue with anything I said for the joy of agruement.  Even if I started to agree with him, he would change the point so it would seem like I wasn't credible with my logic.  Just keep baiting them Zacker, for the fun of it.  :bait:

What's your new dad like?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
Without 'Zacker, this board would be a lot of good smelling people sitting around, saying funny stuff, and agreeing with one another.

Not to say 'Zacker isn't good smelling. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:46:23 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
You know Zacker is a lot like my old dad.  He loved to argue with anything I said for the joy of agruement.  Even if I started to agree with him, he would change the point so it would seem like I wasn't credible with my logic.  Just keep baiting them Zacker, for the fun of it.  :bait:

What's your new dad like?
He's going to the same place Fatty went to, and he was old.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
T's & P's (seriously tho)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »
only WVU's defense has been ANYTHING compared to what Baylor will roll out on Saturday.

I think it mght take a bit longer to wear it down but Finney, Rooks, Lucas, Whitehair will push their Dline enough to let our running game have more success than we've had vs....

TTech...tied for 2nd in Big XII before we trucked their ass
OState...2nd in Big XII before we trucked their ass in 3 quarters of play
TCU...yawned our way to a road win vs. the 3rd best defense in the league. OU and KSU being ahead.

and remember,

WE'RE EVERYBODY'S FRANKING SUPER BOWL..

Baylor will have to find a way to get off the field on 3rd down..and they haven't been able to against ANYONE, even their OOC crapheap.

and btw...we lead the Big XII in 3rd down conversion percentage...even with the Osstate and TCU games being a little slower in effeciency.

We GOT THIS. Baylor is another high octane 5-wide chuck n' duck offense that doesn't care about ball control and tackling. Bad mix when you're facing KSU. I'm just hoping for no injuries so the team can lick their wounds over thanksgiving break.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

Did not read.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
Quick, what is Baylor's most impressive win this year?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
KU?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
i remember being excited after Baylor beat ULM earlier this season.

:dunno:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
only WVU's defense has been ANYTHING compared to what Baylor will roll out on Saturday.

I think it mght take a bit longer to wear it down but Finney, Rooks, Lucas, Whitehair will push their Dline enough to let our running game have more success than we've had vs....

TCU...yawned our way to a road win vs. the 3rd best defense in the league. OU and KSU being ahead.

and remember,

Baylor will have to find a way to get off the field on 3rd down..and they haven't been able to against ANYONE, even their OOC crapheap.

and btw...we lead the Big XII in 3rd down conversion percentage...even with the Osstate and TCU games being a little slower in effeciency.

We GOT THIS. Baylor is another high octane 5-wide chuck n' duck offense that doesn't care about ball control and tackling. Bad mix when you're facing KSU. I'm just hoping for no injuries so the team can lick their wounds over thanksgiving break.

Rooks was awful vs tcu....awful.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »

Is ULM the only team in history to beat Arkansas and lose to Arkansas State in the same season? :dunno:

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

SMU  :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Is ULM the only team in history to beat Arkansas and lose to Arkansas State in the same season? :dunno:
What if i told you the previous team to beat arkansas and arkansas state won a national championship that year?

:surprised:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »

What if i told you the previous team to beat arkansas and arkansas state won a national championship that year?

:surprised:

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »

and remember,

In some weird way, this makes me feel more confident that we will not have any real problems handling Oregon in the NCG. 
DNR... this could jink everything.  :ohno:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »

Sam Houston State.

Held Flanders to 84 yds, though.
bears are fast...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
T's & P's (seriously tho)
He's been gone for a while.  T-Y for the T's & P's.  :cheers:

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:36 AM »
Ben Boyle
@RealBenBoyle
Baylor red zone defense in B12 play: Opp. have scored on 24 of 27 trips. ALL 24 have been TDs. #kstate

:billdance:

2 of the 3 that didn't result in scores were by squaks.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »
Didn't read much other than the OP, because these threads are basically the same every week: 

1.  'Zacker melts down (or at least acts like he is) about us probably losing
2.  Everyone else freaks out and says we won't lose
3.  Rinse, repeat
4.  ???
5.  goEMAW profit

Don't ever change 'zacker.  You keep doing you, and keep making this place great.  Go 'Cats, beat the Bears.  8mp concern level: 2%.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
Without 'Zacker, this board would be a lot of good smelling people sitting around, saying funny stuff, and agreeing with one another.

i can assure you zacker smells great. if yla is the board's taylor lautner then you can bet that zacker is the george clooney. just some food for thought while we all read his musings.

also, baylor scares me a lot. road games always do. a bad bounce here, an unlucky call there....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:33:27 AM by rick daris »

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
God damn were screwed. Thanks zacker

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:25 AM »

i can assure you zacker smells great. if yla is the board's taylor lautner then you can bet that zacker is the george clooney. just some food for thought while we all read his musings.

also, baylor scares me a lot. road games always do. a bad bounce here, an unlucky call there....

I think you should compare every poster to a celebrity. Would be a fun thing to do since there's nothing really going on in Cats sports. Basically combo-fanning season around here.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
I think you should compare every poster to a celebrity. Would be a fun thing to do since there's nothing really going on in Cats sports. Basically combo-fanning season around here.

Yeah, you should do this rick
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
Baylor has to score every possession.  Get 1 stop and 1 turnover and we win.   

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Ben Boyle
@RealBenBoyle
Baylor red zone defense in B12 play: Opp. have scored on 24 of 27 trips. ALL 24 have been TDs. #kstate

:billdance:

2 of the 3 that didn't result in scores were by squaks.
Was the other one by ISU?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.