Author Topic: Upset Sic'em  (Read 10181 times)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Upset Sic'em
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
The fact that we have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose cannot be understated. Pressure can do awful things to the human body. OSU was yawning before the ISU game last season but they cracked under the pressure. I think we'll win, but I'm also worried.

None of the people on this board watch sports so they don't understand this.

catzacker

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
Zacker where do you get your stats?

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Internet/conf%20stats/2012000025354TD.HTML

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=242244

...editor's note:  I believe in my original post i had baylor as the #2 scoring offense in the nation, they are #7. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
if you predict doom for every game, the chances are very good you'll be right at some point in time.  and when you are you can proclaim yourself a genius and rub everyone's face in it.  if you're wrong and your team wins every game no one really cares enough to call you on it.  that's the glory of it.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »
if you predict doom for every game, the chances are very good you'll be right at some point in time.  and when you are you can proclaim yourself a genius and rub everyone's face in it.  if you're wrong and your team wins every game no one really cares enough to call you on it.  that's the glory of it.

Why do you care if people worry about the game?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
Zacker where do you get your stats?

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Internet/conf%20stats/2012000025354TD.HTML

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=242244

...editor's note:  I believe in my original post i had baylor as the #2 scoring offense in the nation, they are #7. 

Yea I only called you on it because I'm butthurt you didn't take my bad news bears title suggestion earlier in the week.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »

I don't care, I am worried about this game.  I worry about every game, that's what I do.

I am just pointing out a truth about the eventuality of being right when predicting a loss every game.  It's a great way to seem like the rebel who isn't blinded by homerism and smarter than the rest.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

bears are fast...

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »

Because this is the best season in the history of the universe of mankind for EMAW and people who worry incessantly prevent some of us from enjoying it 100% and instead have to enjoy it about 95%.   :dubious:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

Way to gif things up to the point...T-Y BP.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
disclaimer:
this doesn't mean I don't want catzacker to post these every week.  its a tradition IMHO

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
LMAO if Kim or Zack take away any of your enjoyment of this season. Good grief.

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
The fact that we have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose cannot be understated. Pressure can do awful things to the human body. OSU was yawning before the ISU game last season but they cracked under the pressure. I think we'll win, but I'm also worried.

Did you know for some dumb reason they went up there on buses, it was a short week, AND a plane full of their colleagues just died in a plane crash. Just fun lil tidbit.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
What kind of childhood must 'zacker have had to create a defense mechanism like this? 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »

Yes

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
Hedging your emotional investment

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
zacker's best work will be the day after we win the NC and he starts a thread about how terribly we played the night before.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »
Ben Boyle
@RealBenBoyle
Baylor red zone defense in B12 play: Opp. have scored on 24 of 27 trips. ALL 24 have been TDs. #kstate

:billdance:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
I don't think Zack would rub a loss in anyone's face.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
:lol: zack doesn't for sure

While I might be sad if we don't win it all, almost nothing will make this season unenjoyable. it's been amazing and wonderful.  It's already arguably the most successful season in cats fball history!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »
zacker's best work will be the day after we win the NC and he starts a thread about how terribly we played the night before.
I, for one, cannot wait for that thread. 

zack can you promise me you'll do this? please?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2012, 09:40:54 PM »
I, for one, cannot wait for that thread. 

zack can you promise me you'll do this? please?

If we beat an undefeated Oregon by a few points, and ND wipes the floor with whoever they play, you know 'zacker's going to come on here and say that ND might jump us in the BCS (is that even possible?).

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
You know Zacker is a lot like my old dad.  He loved to argue with anything I said for the joy of agruement.  Even if I started to agree with him, he would change the point so it would seem like I wasn't credible with my logic.  Just keep baiting them Zacker, for the fun of it.  :bait:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »

While I might be sad if we don't win it all, almost nothing will make this season unenjoyable. it's been amazing and wonderful.  It's already arguably the most successful season in cats fball history!

The worst thing that could happen is that we had a kick ass year and won a ton of prime time games and beat ou.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »

Because this is the best season in the history of the universe of mankind for EMAW and people who worry incessantly prevent some of us from enjoying it 100% and instead have to enjoy it about 95%.   :dubious:

Worry and enjoyment are not mutually exclusive. You can do 100% of both.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Upset Sic'em
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

Worrying about losing makes it sweeter when you win. I think Zack actually increases my enjoyment. Of course, I'm not a butthurt loser.