Author Topic: Upset Sic'em  (Read 10184 times)

catzacker

Upset Sic'em
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Upset Sic'em
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

jfc, i was getting worried.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
 :zzz:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
To beat K-State, you can't have a bad defense.

Baylor's defense is bad.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
Seems like they turn the ball over a fair amount, even with 1y out I think the defense is probably good for a couple against the Bears. Not really concerned about the offense, biggest source of nervousness for me is more players getting hurt.

catzacker

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »

Baylor's defense is bad.

yeah, but their offense is better than any other offense we've faced this season.  Total offense is better than Oregon.  OREGON.  Plus, the team is just tired.  Lot of energy has been expended over the past month....@ISU, @ WVU, TT, OSU, @ TCU.  Emawtionally, they look spent. Hell, I'm spent and I'm just watching. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Upset Sic'em
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
500+ yards per game in Bennettville.

BU has allowed Big 12 opponents to score 14 points more than their per game scoring ave in their 6 games. K-State has scored 15 points per game more than their Big 12 opponents give up on a per game basis.

We got this.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

Baylor's defense is bad.

yeah, but their offense is better than any other offense we've faced this season.  Total offense is better than Oregon.  OREGON.  Plus, the team is just tired.  Lot of energy has been expended over the past month....@ISU, @ WVU, TT, OSU, @ TCU.  Emawtionally, they look spent. Hell, I'm spent and I'm just watching.

TCU and OK State have defenses with a pulse, especially TCU. Baylor doesn't. We won't punt until the 4th quarter on Saturday, if at all.

We're fine.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Nick Florence had 15 carries for 83 yards. Averaged 5.5 ypc. They have used him like this only a couple times in conference (vs UT - 69 yards and 6.3ypc). Baylor probably just caught Mack and Stoops off guard. No way does he do that again vs the Khatzs

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »

Baylor's defense is bad.

How much of their offense is skewed by the west Virginia game?  They had at least two games of offense against wvu

catzacker

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

Baylor's defense is bad.

TCU and OK State have defenses with a pulse, especially TCU. Baylor doesn't. We won't punt until the 4th quarter on Saturday, if at all.

We're fine.

sure, we should score, but it isn't like they won't either.  their offense, especially if they are willing to run Florence, is extremely good.  We will be lucky to keep them under 500yds. Our offense really hasn't been good at all since CK got spaghetti'd.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
there's no way we let Florence run on us

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »

Baylor's defense is bad.

We're fine.

sure, we should score, but it isn't like they won't either.  their offense, especially if they are willing to run Florence, is extremely good.  We will be lucky to keep them under 500yds. Our offense really hasn't been good at all since CK got spaghetti'd.

Pretty small sample size, and the offense was awesome for a quieter in a game that was essentially a blowout

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Upset Sic'em
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
BU's defense can legitimately be compared to KU's last year, and Cosh's from a couple years ago. 

It's hard to give up 500+ yards per game.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »
I am 0% worried about this week.

I'm >0% worried about texas.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

catzacker

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:11:02 PM »
in conference, ISU's defense....yes the same ISU defense that held us to 364yds of offense .....is giving up 500+ yds/game in conf. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Upset Sic'em
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
in conference, ISU's defense....yes the same ISU defense that held us to 364yds of offense .....is giving up 500+ yds/game in conf.

Has nothing to do with this game.

catzacker

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
Jake Knott is a hell of a loss

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Upset Sic'em
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
Baylor couldn't beat us when they had the heisman trophy winner. Now that we have the heisman trophy winner they are toast.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Upset Sic'em
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »

You ever heard of Jake Knott?

Just sayin'.

catzacker

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
Baylor couldn't beat us when they had the heisman trophy winner. Now that we have the heisman trophy winner they are toast.

we've never beaten them with a heisman trophy winner either.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
zacker you're looking for a reason to worry.
I've never had more confidence in any other team/set of players not necessarily to win, but to perform. everyone has bought in, everyone has the same goal.
can't bring up our record in waco without bringing up our record in norman. or our record against ok lite. history can't beat us this year.