Author Topic: Let's discuss OSU's great rushing attack...  (Read 2615 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Let's discuss OSU's great rushing attack...
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
averaging 3.75 ypc in October.  Mustered 2.6 ypc (Randle 2.8 ypc) vs. KU.  Ran it for 3.7 yards per carry (Randle 3.9, Smith 1.0) vs. TCU.  Had rushed it 28 times for 101 yards vs. Iowa State (24 of it came on 3 scrambles by Walsh) when Randle popped off his 62 yarder (Iowa State got gassed because their offense couldn't stay on the field).

OSU has faced both KU and Texas, the 8th and 10th rated rushing defenses in Big 12 play.  In conference play OSU is 4.5 ypc and 187 ypg while KSU is 5.2 ypc and 215 ypg despite facing better run defenses in WVa (yes, they have a solid rush defense), Tech, and OU.

Me thinks OSU needs a true freshman QB to have an amazing game to stay in it.

btw, OSU's defense appears much improved until you see they've faced the two worst offenses in Big 12 play, ISU and KU.  Plus a TCU-led offense that had a freshman QB and even he got hurt during the OSU game.  Prior to Paschall getting drunked up the horn frogs were not putting many points on the board.

discuss...

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss OSU's great rushing attack...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
lollers
:adios:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
 :drink:I like it when we sack opposing QB's as hard as we can and then they fumble.

:billdance:

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
Let's also not forget that this is really their FIRST road conference game.  They beat KU by 6 in lowrents. :rolleyes:

catzacker

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
while the difficult portion of OSU's schedule is in front of them, I don't think it would be wise to overlook or downplay Randle.   He is a fantastic back.  OSU is going to put pressure on our safeties and LB's.  they are the #1 offense in the country for a reason, even given their schedule. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »
while the difficult portion of OSU's schedule is in front of them, I don't think it would be wise to overlook or downplay Randle.   He is a fantastic back.  OSU is going to put pressure on our safeties and LB's.  they are the #1 offense in the country for a reason, even given their schedule.

love ya, zacker.  :thumbs:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
So we will be the toughest run defense they have faced all year, right??
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Tech and WVU tested our secondary. Passed I think.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »

Our D is going to look so good after we destroy the #1 offense in the country. I'm already  :blush:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline HereCumsBullet

• Cow Poke'r
  • Fan
  • 2011 Big XII Champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
210 rushing yards on that Iowa State defense is impressive nonetheless. 147 yards on TCU isn't too shabby either, go back and watch the highlights of the game, Lunt took two huge 10+ yard sacks

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:46 PM »

Tech and WVU tested our secondary. Passed I think.

FYP

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »
210 rushing yards on that Iowa State defense is impressive nonetheless. 147 yards on TCU isn't too shabby either, go back and watch the highlights of the game, Lunt took two huge 10+ yard sacks

We will crush Lunt(or whatever retread QB you put out there) so hard and so often his colon will become knotted around his kidneys and he will pee bright red for 2 weeks afterwards.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
OSU's problem is that Lunt is less mobile than any QB we've faced or will face due to his injury.

They're no better than WVU or Tech, and they're probably worse because Lunt isn't as good as Smith or Doege, and at least Geno and Seth could scramble a little bit if we got in the pocket.  Lunt is going to get mauled like one of those poor animals in slow motion in those nature shows.

My guess is that we put our efforts into stopping Randle and force Lunt to beat us.  Not a bad bet when that "ask" is for a freshman QB in the middle of a hostile, sold out stadium.

There's going to be a lot of 3rd and long on Saturday. 

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
I thought I heard they don't count sacks against total rush yards in cfb. I don't know though, I only follow good teams who don't get sacked. :dunno:

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »

Jeezus.  You LOST TO TEXAS for God's sake!  Color me unimpressed.  :zzz:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
OSU's problem is that Lunt is less mobile than any QB we've faced or will face due to his injury.

They're no better than WVU or Tech, and they're probably worse because Lunt isn't as good as Smith or Doege, and at least Geno and Seth could scramble a little bit if we got in the pocket.  Lunt is going to get mauled like one of those poor animals in slow motion in those nature shows.

My guess is that we put our efforts into stopping Randle and force Lunt to beat us.  Not a bad bet when that "ask" is for a freshman QB in the middle of a hostile, sold out stadium.

There's going to be a lot of 3rd and long on Saturday.
:lick:

catzacker

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
OSU's offense is better than WVU and Tech because OSU can actually run the ball.  Tech's and WVU's WR's are better, however it's the balance that makes OSU's offense much more difficult to defend.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
OSU's offense is better than WVU and Tech because OSU can actually run the ball.  Tech's and WVU's WR's are better, however it's the balance that makes OSU's offense much more difficult to defend.

wvu could run the ball.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »

Enough with  the self-loathing already!

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
I'm less inclined to consider the ku results as very indicative of anything given the circumstances of that game. Long weather delays tend to throw things out of whack.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »

This is legit, and they are committed to run it. They run it more than they throw it and lead the league in YPC.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 04:28:50 PM »
This is legit, and they are committed to run it. They run it more than they throw it and lead the league in YPC.

PERFECT!!! 
 :bill:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »
However, I don't know that I'd say their offense is better, because I don't think WVU or Tech have QBs that have potential to make mistakes like OSU has.