Author Topic: Why is Tubberville such a dick?  (Read 12764 times)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Tubberville such a dick?
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Some of you guys care a lot about really weird stuff.
agreed

Dax  :drink: :cheers: :drink:

Oh alright I guess.

That ended differently than I expected.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
You guys are missing he rough ridin' point.  The point was the punt and Tubbs going after the punt.  eff him for that. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »
"I don't think people want us to play in the game. We could be [left out]," receiver Chris Harper said. "We've got to go out there and play like we did and put scores up there so we can't leave no doubt and people can't leave us out."

What the hell does tubberville not understand about this?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
"I don't think people want us to play in the game. We could be [left out]," receiver Chris Harper said. "We've got to go out there and play like we did and put scores up there so we can't leave no doubt and people can't leave us out."

Tubby's a fuckface so his opinion is irrelevant.  If he got offended because he perceived we were running up the score or leaving starters in too long, I'd love to know what he thinks about this.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Tubby's a fuckface so his opinion is irrelevant.  If he got offended because he perceived we were running up the score or leaving starters in too long, I'd love to know what he thinks about this.

More importantly I wonder how many games from a certain season, oh lets say in 2004, Tubberville wishes he could have won with more 'style points' in order to convince voters of his team's value.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »

More importantly I wonder how many games from a certain season, oh lets say in 2004, Tubberville wishes he could have won with more 'style points' in order to convince voters of his team's value.

USC and OU were preseason #1 and #2, all the style points in the world won't help a team like Auburn jump two bluebloods who start at the top.  Besides, he ought to be grateful that loser Stoops was chosen for the title game instead of Auburn.  The Tigers would have been massacred just as brutally as the Dirt Burglars.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

USC and OU were preseason #1 and #2, all the style points in the world won't help a team like Auburn jump two bluebloods who start at the top.  Besides, he ought to be grateful that loser Stoops was chosen for the title game instead of Auburn.  The Tigers would have been massacred just as brutally as the Dirt Burglars.

This always cracks me up.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »

Initial BCS poll had USC Miami respectively. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

Point being, you should do everything you can to improve your team's position.  If that means letting a Heisman candidate get one more TD in the middle of the 4th quarter, sack up and deal with it.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
Huge bitch.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »
tt scout board said it was retaliation for the late hit called the series before.  i didn't even really think it was a late hit, but  :dunno:

they also hoped that "karma" would make a kid rip his acl or get cancer.

fanbases really take on the character of their coach i guess.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
Look how butthurt Tubbs is.  What a freakin baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_xNiEeZMEk0#t=310s
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
I'd be pissed too, if I looked like a Skesis.

Offline williewest

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Why is Tubberville such a dick?
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2012, 11:17:46 PM »
Snyder should have pulled Klein sooner. We already had an impressive win for the voters and Klein had already put up heisman numbers.

The last TD was scored with 7 minutes left in the game.  Before the last drive he had only 3 TDs and under 200 passing yards.  Rapey didn't have an issue last week and we had a bigger lead.  Tubs didn't have an issue doing it against Rapey the week before that.  Any BCS coach butthurt over any potential running up the score should be ridiculed.  Any coach butthurt about running up the score when they did it two weeks before should be punched.

I don't give a crap about running up the score, I worry about injuries. And I'm pretty sure Klein already had 200 yards passing.

Are you related to Tommy?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »
Tubbs wants an SEC gig, and having a good season will help.  Us embarrassing him doesn't help him.

It may be the difference between Arkansas and Kentucky.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »
Tubby coached two SEC teams before coming to the Big 12. Guess that makes him feel superior to all and entitled to everything.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
snyder def mumbled something under his breath after the shake. what do you think it was?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2012, 11:28:15 PM »
Tubbs wants an SEC gig, and having a good season will help.  Us embarrassing him doesn't help him.

Know what, the majority of our fans could GAFWTW.  Exceptions are to be expected.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »
snyder def mumbled something under his breath after the shake. what do you think it was?

"Schemed bitch"

:billdance: :bill:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:48 PM »

Slightly OT-  Heard a radio dude talking about all the HCs in the SEC who will be fired after this season.  He expected Auburn to fire Chizik in the next few days to beat the traffic and possibly bring in Petrino... 

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »
when we sucked horribly at the start of 2009, do not remember Bill crying about Texch throwing the ball leading 66-14 in the 4th quarter

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »

Slightly OT-  Heard a radio dude talking about all the HCs in the SEC who will be fired after this season.  He expected Auburn to fire Chizik in the next few days to beat the traffic and possibly bring in Petrino...

I wonder if this sounds as stupid as it looks.  Beat the traffic for Petrino, lol.  Southerners are a sub-species.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

I wonder if this sounds as stupid as it looks.  Beat the traffic for Petrino, lol.  Southerners are a sub-species.

I didn't hear it as beat the traffic for Petrino as much as beat the traffic of SEC schools looking for HCs.  He specifically mentioned Petrino to Auburn but prefaced it by saying it didn't come from any inside sources.

:dunno: 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »

Wasn't Petrino a part of that whole tarmac incident when they were trying to lure Petrino while still having Tubbs?

That would have been like five or six years ago.  Details are hazy, but I think they shared a cup of coffee several years back.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »
I've seen Petrino too. 

I don't understand it. Auburn is willing to take out a second mortgage on their subprime to keep up with Bama.  Its a crap load of money to spend, especially when your best boosters are struggling to beat felonies.