Author Topic: Master KSU Butthurt About Being Passed Over Eventually Thread  (Read 34803 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Master KSU Butthurt About Being Passed Over Eventually Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
Quote from: kim carnes link=topic=23981.msg657994#msg657994 doate=1352177490
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8596713&categoryid=2378529

brad saying we're mumped unless we get style points

I think he said that we can't look like crap while Oregon looks dominating without risking the loss of some votes.  Sounds reasonable to me.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »

He doesn't know anything one way or the other.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
Why do people think ND will go to Sugar?

The 2013 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl is a postseason college football bowl game played on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. It will match the Big 12 Champion against the No. 1 BCS at-large selection.

If ND is 12-0 they are going to the Fiesta.
ESPN used that talking point when they matched us up with ND.  A lot of dumb asses in this thread.  :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
I dont give a rough ridin' crap who we would play in some shitty consolation bowl. If we get screwed out of the MNC I'm taking out everyone involved in the BCS and Chip Kelly.  :chainsaw:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »
I dont give a rough ridin' crap who we would play in some shitty consolation bowl. If we get screwed out of the MNC I'm taking out everyone involved in the BCS and Chip Kelly.  :chainsaw:
Best post in this thread.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »
Quote from: kim carnes link=topic=23981.msg657994#msg657994 doate=1352177490

I think he said that we can't look like crap while Oregon looks dominating without risking the loss of some votes.  Sounds reasonable to me.

Man KC you have the most negative outlook on everything. He didn't even come close to saying we're screwed. He just said what we already know, which is we have to knock the crap out of all the pud teams left on our schedule. Which is also what Oregon will have to do to not lose votes to us.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Why do people think ND will go to Sugar?

The 2013 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl is a postseason college football bowl game played on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. It will match the Big 12 Champion against the No. 1 BCS at-large selection.

If ND is 12-0 they are going to the Fiesta.
ESPN used that talking point when they matched us up with ND.  A lot of dumb asses in this thread.  :facepalm:

ND gets the Big-East automatic bid. Louisville gets the at-large bid.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »
I can understand why the Sugar or Rose Bowl would take Notre Dame. What I can't understand is why you guys think the Fiesta would take Louisville over whatever SEC or Pac 12 team gets left out by the Irish.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »

yeah, the rose bowl is going to pass on an undefeated notre dame team to take oregon st.

An undefeated Notre Dame would put us in the championship game, so we are talking about a 1 or 2 loss Notre Dame in this scenario.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:23 AM »
I wonder what is % both Alabama and Oregon finish undefeated. It's low for 4 teams but I'd guess it being a bit higher for 2.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »
What percentage of the 2nd place votes does Oregon have? They won't ever pass us in the computers so we just need to basically split the second place votes. Just curious how much we need to steal.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2012, 05:46:27 AM »
What percentage of the 2nd place votes does Oregon have? They won't ever pass us in the computers so we just need to basically split the second place votes. Just curious how much we need to steal.
We are 36 points behind Oregon in the AP. 29 points behind in the Coaches... Some perspective, we are 67 and 81 points up on ND in the respective polls. The gaps between Oregon and us are two of the smallest between consecutively ranked teams. I am starting to feel better about this, guys.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2012, 05:49:33 AM »
Something else I was thinking about would be the computer rankings after a ND loss. They are ahead of us in all but 2 computer polls. An ND loss would surely boost us. I know the human polls count for more but a ND loss may not be all too bad, at least from that perspective. Thoughts?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Master KSU Butthurt About Being Passed Over Eventually Thread
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2012, 05:54:37 AM »
my thought is that you are very wrong

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2012, 06:02:39 AM »
Our computer ranking would be boosted... My point was it would not be quite as bad as some on here think.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2012, 06:03:59 AM »
Our computer ranking would be boosted... My point was it would not be quite as bad as some on here think.
I think what you are missing is that if it is just a little bad, then it is really bad. If ND loses, it would be a little bad (which means we'd be screwed).

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »
We are 36 points behind Oregon in the AP. 29 points behind in the Coaches... Some perspective, we are 67 and 81 points up on ND in the respective polls. The gaps between Oregon and us are two of the smallest between consecutively ranked teams. I am starting to feel better about this, guys.
out of how many. For instance, if Oregon is getting 2/3 of the second place votes, all we need is to steal 16% (although probably less) and we will stay at #2 because they aren't passing us in the computers. One little faulted OB their part and we keep rolling might be enough. Definitely need UT to win out and we steam roll them. Seriously need to beat them by as many as possible.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
So, if we finish undefeated, and don't play in the NCG.  who do we play in the Fiesta?  we won't be playing notre dame, since the sugar bowl or rose bowl will be picking them after losing their selections to the NCG.

If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick
IF we go to the fiesta bowl we will play louisville

IF

Louisville would be in the orange though, so not them

Oklahoma and FSU would be in the orange. Louisville would be in the fiesta.  :dubious:

ok, thanks for the shitty news.  we would play rough ridin' big east champion louisville.

If this happens I might explode.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
Something else I was thinking about would be the computer rankings after a ND loss. They are ahead of us in all but 2 computer polls. An ND loss would surely boost us. I know the human polls count for more but a ND loss may not be all too bad, at least from that perspective. Thoughts?

ND is ahead of KSU in 4 of the computer polls. 
ND is ahead of Oregon in 6 of the computer polls.

So, while a ND loss would boost us in the computer polls, it would be an even greater boost for Oregon. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »

So, while a ND loss would boost us in the computer polls, it would be an even greater boost for Oregon. 

And ND will drop behind us in at least a couple, if not all, of the computer polls even if they win out. But will most likely stay in front of Oregon.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2012, 09:24:36 AM »
 :pray:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

And ND will drop behind us in at least a couple, if not all, of the computer polls even if they win out. But will most likely stay in front of Oregon.
[/quote]

Yep.  We also need Georgia and Florida to keep winning, as they too are ranked ahead of Oregon in some of the computers (Georgia - 4 polls), (Florida - 1 poll). 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Master KSU Butthurt About Being Passed Over Eventually Thread
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

Don't forget that we will pick up quite a few human third place votes that were going to ND. I'm guessing our boost there would come close to whatever margin Oregon would gain from computers.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »

Yep.  We also need Georgia and Florida to keep winning, as they too are ranked ahead of Oregon in some of the computers (Georgia - 4 polls), (Florida - 1 poll).

Shouldn't be a problem, Georgia plays Auburn, some garbage school, then Ga Tech before the SEC title game
Florida also has two pud teams but then Florida State.
Although not sure how playing these shitty teams will impact their computer stats.

Offline superchops70

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
We need to get back ahead of ND in the computers.  That's where all of the ground was lost with respect to Oregon.  It seems like at this point in the season, it has more to do with how your past opponents faired than the team you actually played.  Hopefully, our past opponents will have a much better week.