Author Topic: Signs that goEMAW is affecting your daily life  (Read 104507 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Signs that goEMAW is affecting your daily life
« Reply #650 on: June 25, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
i have lost 20% of my hearing in the last ten years.

whoever told you that is wrong and does not know much about hearing. putting hearing loss into percentages? uh yeah, ok. i mean that's probably a pretty reasonable way to do it if you're a complete dumbass.   :lol:
the hearing test people? i mean they showed me a chart and everything. i have broken fibers.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 25, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
PPl won't go to my msn thread to see a bunch of drunk Canadians riding a moose in the water and it's really pissing me off.  :curse:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 25, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
What color is tool, specifically the lateralus album
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
i have lost 20% of my hearing in the last ten years.

whoever told you that is wrong and does not know much about hearing. putting hearing loss into percentages? uh yeah, ok. i mean that's probably a pretty reasonable way to do it if you're a complete dumbass.   :lol:
the hearing test people? i mean they showed me a chart and everything. i have broken fibers.

it's just not a good way to explain it. more than likely your hearing is still normal for low frequencies and probably even for mids. so 20% of what when you still hear most sounds normally? exactly. maybe post the chart though and we can all talk about it even more. wow this is so fun!

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 25, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
hey rick, what color is this sound?

http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/fart

:lol: :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 25, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »
Real mature btk  :rolleyes:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
hey rick, what color is this sound?

http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/fart

:lol: :lol:

well, well, well. looks like we found our class clown, huh? let me ask the rest of you guys this- if your favorite animal was a noise color, what noise color would it be and why? can't wait to see what kind of hilarious situations evolve from this hypotetical.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:27:07 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »
Real mature btk  :rolleyes:

hey, butt out of this.

oh man! did it again!!!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »
i just lol'd at my desk when i matched up a dolphin with brown noise. so absurd.  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »
well now i just thought of a white noise squirrel and while it's obviously not as roll on the floor hilarious as the brown noise dolphin it's equally absurd. maybe even more. i mean that image and that sound together? omfg. i am literally in tears i'm laughing so hard. good thing it's lunch break and the two people who work close to me are both at lunch. they would really be wondering about me over here. :ROFL:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:45:40 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 25, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
I IRL have shitty hearing. it kinda pisses me off. my maternal grandmother's parents (my great grandparents) were deaf mutes and I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I've always just assumed it does.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 25, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »
What a weird hobby for a police officer

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »
I IRL have shitty hearing. it kinda pisses me off. my maternal grandmother's parents (my great grandparents) were deaf mutes and I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I've always just assumed it does.

did you have to work around a bunch of loud tractors and stuff growing up?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

YES!  :sdeek:

also, my sony discman had MEGA BASS engaged 100% of the time as a kid

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »

ok. let me ask you these things next- are both ears the same or is one NOTICEABLY better than the other? why do you feel like your hearing is bad? difficulty understanding in noise/challenging environments or all environments? does it sound like people mumble some of the time? any pain, pressure, ringing in your ears?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »

ok. let me ask you these things next- are both ears the same or is one NOTICEABLY better than the other? why do you feel like your hearing is bad? difficulty understanding in noise/challenging environments or all environments? does it sound like people mumble some of the time? any pain, pressure, ringing in your ears?

ears are the same as far as I can tell. can't understand what people say. like, have to ask "what?" all the time. don't know on environments, will start paying more attention. yes to mumble. no pain, pressure, or ringing.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
so i have just diagnosed SD with noise induced bilateral high frequency sensorineural hearing loss. no surgical interventions are possible with this, but you could probably benefit from amplification if you deemed your situation bad enough to warrant it. the reason you are struggling, is that human speech is complex and primarily made up with sounds between 500-5000Hz. with your high frequency loss, you are missing out on information that allows you to hear and tell the difference between soft high frequency parts of speech like t, k, f, s, sh and ch thus making it sound like people are mumbling when in fact they are not. NEXT!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »
I need some hearing aids, too, sd. My bro got them when he was 22. I just keep putting it off.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
just read me my rights and stop the torture.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »

everyone mumbles.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
I have some similar symptoms to SD. It seems like people mumble a lot and I do have trouble hearing in noisy areas....sometimes I think I hear too good because I can hear the other noises instead of people's voices...Is that weird?

Also, Gooch is always complaining that I say, "What?" too much. Also, I have this thing where sometimes I figure out what they said right after I said "What?"

RD can you give me diagnosis?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
I have some similar symptoms to SD. It seems like people mumble a lot and I do have trouble hearing in noisy areas....sometimes I think I hear too good because I can hear the other noises instead of people's voices...Is that weird?

Also, Gooch is always complaining that I say, "What?" too much. Also, I have this thing where sometimes I figure out what they said right after I said "What?"

there is no such thing as hearing so good that it makes it difficult to understand speech. it doesn't work like that. have you always had difficulty in noise or is this new/recent? how long? sudden or gradual?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
so maybe a fattyfest auction item next year should apparently be a pair of hearing aids?  :dunno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »

there is no such thing as hearing so good that it makes it difficult to understand speech. it doesn't work like that. have you always had difficulty in noise or is this new/recent? how long? sudden or gradual?

You know when Professor X first used Cerebro and he had trouble distinguishing all the voices? It's like that.

I don't know if it has been my whole life but it has been this way for a long time. I don't think it was caused by The Carney Encore even though they gave me tinnitus 2 years in a row.  :shakesfist: